Login

russian armor

What are the most useless bulletins in COH2?

31 Jan 2017, 06:18 AM

I'm not sure if 5% faster Ambulances is worse, or 10% cooldown on Jagdtiger call in. When are you ever burning through Jagdtigers fast enough, that you need a 2nd one 10% quicker than it otherwise would have come?

I suppose an argument could be made for commander specific call in unit bulletins, when the commander isn't even part of your lineup.

What do you guys think are the worst and most useless bulletins?
31 Jan 2017, 07:06 AM

31 Jan 2017, 09:00 AM

also Brits glider Medic NotLikeThis
31 Jan 2017, 09:04 AM

250 halftrack has 3% increased armor. :snfPeter:
31 Jan 2017, 09:23 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

See The World, They Said!
31 Jan 2017, 09:36 AM

Increased penetration for JT :foreveralone:
31 Jan 2017, 11:40 AM

the good thing of these bulletins is: when I see my opponent has them equipped, I know it'll be an easy match :D
31 Jan 2017, 12:33 PM

the good thing of these bulletins is: when I see my opponent has them equipped, I know it'll be an easy match :D

I mostly use either no bulletins or some derp ones.
Bulletins do not change a match in any way. The only good bulletins were the triple Volksschrecks but neither have Volksgrenadiers Schrecks anymore, nor do bulletins stack these days.
31 Jan 2017, 13:01 PM

I want to see the dev who thought making bulletins like these was a good idea. Genuinely intrigued to see what they look like, how they talk and what they think.
31 Jan 2017, 13:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's not about been useful, it's about sending a message.
31 Jan 2017, 15:24 PM

It's not about been useful, it's about sending a message.

Being*

Nice Joker quote btw.

But seriously, if it's not giving you a decrease in how much something costs, or is not a 10% increase in movement speed for example, it's useless.

But I do agree that stacking gave these 2 or 3 percent ones some reason and usefulness since you could stack them to 10%, not anymore.
31 Jan 2017, 17:31 PM

Being*

Nice Joker quote btw.

You do understand that he actually meant it to be the wrong version of the word so that it would appear as slang?
31 Jan 2017, 18:50 PM

What is the most useless forum topic at coh2.org? (this one)

.. sry i just can't help ..
31 Jan 2017, 22:38 PM

Bulletins do not change a match in any way. The only good bulletins were the triple Volksschrecks but neither have Volksgrenadiers Schrecks anymore, nor do bulletins stack these days.

In team games they do.
50% faster arty construction means that Katy or Werfer reaches the field faster than your opponent's

But seriously, if it's not giving you a decrease in how much something costs, or is not a 10% increase in movement speed for example, it's useless.

Sorry, I disagree.
The 5% movement and turn speed on Kubel generally means faster capturing, when compared to say riflemen.

1 Feb 2017, 00:21 AM

In team games they do.
50% faster arty construction means that Katy or Werfer reaches the field faster than your opponent's

Sorry, I disagree.
The 5% movement and turn speed on Kubel generally means faster capturing, when compared to say riflemen.

It was a generalization on my side, movement speed for vehicles is always welcome of course, especially for heavier tanks like the Churchill Croc.
1 Feb 2017, 08:06 AM

I want to see the dev who thought making bulletins like these was a good idea. Genuinely intrigued to see what they look like, how they talk and what they think.

It was the whole attitude of Relic at the time (and maybe today too).
They looked at Free2Play games like League of Legends which were (and still are) the most played games of all. Then they tried to copy the key aspects in CoH2: Skins (champion skins in LoL), unlockable content (new champions in LoL), Bulletins (Keystones & Masteries in LoL). In addition they got the big $ sign in their eyes and decided to lock everything behind real money transactions which was absolutely ridiculous.

League of Legends is a Free2Play game, CoH2 cost about 60 bucks. League of Legends offers an ingame store where you can buy everything besides skins (which are cosmetical only) which ingame money (IP). CoH2 offered skins nobody could differentiate ingame that cost about 3$ per skinpack, commanders which were clearly OP and pay2win for also about 3$ per commander. The ingame store that is more or less a copy of the LoL one came more than 2(!!!!) years after release when about 99% of the players already left. And then they added the bulletins which are plain useless (the stats are so immensely low that there is no noticeable difference) in addition, many (most?) bulletins were bugged. For example a mortar bulletin made the mortar worse instead of buffing it.

League of Legends offers their Keystones & Masteries where you can REALLY feel a difference. As each champion is clearly different from all the others, you can create different Masteries (for example more health, life regeneration per damage, an extra shield, etc.) for every champion. These are noticeable and not having Masteries will affect your gameplay because you are clearly weaker than your opponent. CoH2 on the other hand offers 3 bulletins per commander layout. 3 Bulletins which affect one single unit each. If you don't play said unit because you use a different strategy (for example you play 2pio + 2MG -> T2) you have no gain from some bulletins (in this case no use of grenadier bulletins).

In LoL you have 30(!) Masteries which all affect your single champion. That means every single one of them will be noticeable in every game. Some of them also stack up to 5 times (+1%/+2%/+3%/+4%/+5% more HP) and have various effects. I am no LoL fanboy or whatsoever but Riot implemented bulletins the right way. Bulletins like "Get 1 CP from the start" if you stack them 3 times would be interesting in CoH and more interesting to play with. But they would be immensely OP and not good in a RTS game. And that's my point. Bulletins in RTS games are dumb. Age of Empires III had an interesting system with their home cities but a big part of the game revolved around that system.

In CoH2 I simply have the feeling that some Relic guy thought "wow, all the top games currently (LoL, Call of Duty, etc) have bulletins! - WE ALSO NEED THEM!"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★