Login

russian armor

What Bug/QOL fixes would you like to see in patch?

30 Jan 2017, 15:40 PM

One of the most exciting things for me about the upcoming patch is the multitude of fixes and features being added that were long overdue in some cases.

So simple question - what bug fixes or quality of life improvements would you like to see addressed that already haven't been mentioned in the patch notes? Special mention to the fact that I know they are actively trying to find a fix to the panzerfaust bug where it sometimes derps out and hits the ground.

Personally, I'd like to see the Raketenwerfer bug fixed where it's prioritize vehicles doesn't work while it is garrisoned. It's pretty bad that the one "perk" to compensate it's squishy nature is completely negated by the fact that the crew goes rogue and fires at everything giving away its position.

30 Jan 2017, 16:33 PM

One QOL I would like to see is that the last crew member of a team weapon to be left alive to not run off the map like a headless chicken and instead either stay with the weapon, unable to move or fire it (heavier guns like AT guns, USF and OKW howitzers) or just not being able to fire (like the mortar for example, some extremely muscular dude can probably lift that all by himself but I doubt he can effectively fire it alone.

Another would probably be team weapons having the ability to emplace themselves with a "dig in" ability that would just spawn a dedicated emplacement (from the Brits from the first game) around them OR sandbags or 3 or 4 sides, but I think that doesn't really count as a QOL change and I am sure many people won't agree with me about that but eh, just decided to throw it out there.
31 Jan 2017, 01:12 AM

If there's any bug in this game that triggers my ass like nothing else, its when a Soviet enemy in a 2v2 drops and is replaced with the AI and suddenly everyone and his goddamn dog has an AT grenade. Bonus points if they were Maxim spamming when they dropped and you're OKW.

Other than that, I'd love to see the Cromwell/Comet smoke shells fixed (though I believe Mr. Smith said its part of a bigger issue they can't touch), prio vehicles on AT squads (though once again we've got an engine issue when buildings get involved) and muck about with the Croc's hardpoints so it handles like it did in CoH1.
31 Jan 2017, 01:28 AM

Personally, I'd like to see the Raketenwerfer bug fixed where it's prioritize vehicles doesn't work while it is garrisoned. It's pretty bad that the one "perk" to compensate it's squishy nature is completely negated by the fact that the crew goes rogue and fires at everything giving away its position.

I don't know how to fix Raketenwerfer prio vehicles in buildings. However, you can still force them to attack vehicles only regardless:
- Make sure prioritise vehicles was on when you entered the building
- Use force-facing (A + click)

With prio vehicles on and force-facing, the raketten will not attack non-vehicle targets

We're also a bit out of ideas about what to try for the panzerfaust bug :(
31 Jan 2017, 02:37 AM
Patrion 27

The most important QOL change in the game that has unfortunately been overlooked or out of scope in the WBP is VP's and CP's no longer blocking pathing. When's the last time you drove a turretless medium or heavy tank anywhere near the center VP on Semoisky without having it spin in circles?

With prio vehicles on and force-facing, the raketten will not attack non-vehicle targets.

Wow! This is a great tip I never knew this. As for the Faust... if COH2 were actually competitive I would say swap it for the Soviet AT nade but the game isn't and the nostalgia for Panzerfaust is too strong.
31 Jan 2017, 02:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The most important QOL change in the game that has unfortunately been overlooked or out of scope in the WBP is VP's and CP's no longer blocking pathing. When's the last time you drove a turretless medium or heavy tank anywhere near the center VP on Semoisky without having it spin in circles?

31 Jan 2017, 15:38 PM

However, you can still force them to attack vehicles only regardless:
- Make sure prioritise vehicles was on when you entered the building
- Use force-facing (A + click)

Thanks for the tip! Bit odd that it only works with Force Facing but I'll take it over nothing. :)

+1 to Comet and Cromwell Smoke Shells being unresponsive and not firing all the time. That would be another good fix.

+1000 to Strategic Points no longer block vehicle pathing but I'm sure that's probably outside of the scope of the patch (but that addition would make it one of the best patches ever) ;)
31 Jan 2017, 21:06 PM

Vp and cp pathing changes.

And squad formation spread.

Followed by at satchel functionality.

Only caveat with passable territory points is that it precludes my own personal hope for units to someday be able to active use territory points. I'll take it though. I'll settle for a kludge over nothing any day.
1 Feb 2017, 02:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

And squad formation spread.

Followed by at satchel functionality.

Only caveat with passable territory points is that it precludes my own personal hope for units to someday be able to active use territory points. I'll take it though. I'll settle for a kludge over nothing any day.

For CoH3: dynamic player choiced squad formations. Or something as "simple" as a toggle between tight/spread formation. You want to put a 4 man squad behind green cover generated by a car? Tight. You only want 2 models covered? Spread. You don't want to be bothered? Automatic (as it's mostly now).
1 Feb 2017, 02:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

For CoH3: dynamic player choiced squad formations. Or something as "simple" as a toggle between tight/spread formation. You want to put a 4 man squad behind green cover generated by a car? Tight. You only want 2 models covered? Spread. You don't want to be bothered? Automatic (as it's mostly now).

Can just set it to holding ctrl while giving orders sets them in a more spread out formation. Ctrl + click on map ez.
1 Feb 2017, 02:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2017, 02:42 AMTobis

Can just set it to holding ctrl while giving orders sets them in a more spread out formation. Ctrl + click on map ez.

Yeah, i don't care about the execution as much as implementing the concept (which in the current engine seems impossible from what IRC)
1 Feb 2017, 05:36 AM

Actually, fsck most things:

KEY. BINDING.
1 Feb 2017, 06:40 AM

Actually, fsck most things:

KEY. BINDING.

2 Feb 2017, 20:28 PM
Patrion 27

Minimum range should be removed on all AT nades. A riflemen squad is more likely to get fully wiped while attempting to fire an AT nade than actually succeeding.
2 Feb 2017, 20:46 PM

Minimum range should be removed on all AT nades. A riflemen squad is more likely to get fully wiped while attempting to fire an AT nade than actually succeeding.

Think this is more of a balance issue per se - personally I don't mind it because it's currently a bit easier to AT infantry bazooka blob as USF than any other faction and at least the minimum range means that a blobber has to respect crushing a little. (Even then its usually suicide for the tank). I think its a fair trade off seeing as how USF gets snares for "free" with Vet.
2 Feb 2017, 22:51 PM
Patrion 27

Think this is more of a balance issue per se - personally I don't mind it because it's currently a bit easier to AT infantry bazooka blob as USF than any other faction and at least the minimum range means that a blobber has to respect crushing a little. (Even then its usually suicide for the tank). I think its a fair trade off seeing as how USF gets snares for "free" with Vet.

Requiring combat and vet 1 for each individual Riflemen squad to be able to use an unreliable and insanely slow aim-time snare compared to Sov, Osth, and OKW getting their snares universally doesn't feel fair to me. If USF had any sort of mine non-doctrinaly then I think the current Riflemen nades would be fine.
4 Feb 2017, 07:17 AM

A pair of random ones I noticed today.
-Greyhound doesn't have Prioritize Vehicle
-Support Paratroopers' vet 2 mentions passive heals, which doesn't actually work.

4 Feb 2017, 22:01 PM

A pair of random ones I noticed today.
-Greyhound doesn't have Prioritize Vehicle
-Support Paratroopers' vet 2 mentions passive heals, which doesn't actually work.

Recon Company needs an overhaul in general really... only thing worth a damn is the I&R Pathfinder Arty and you don't really want to waste a commander pick on a one trick pony like that :/
5 Feb 2017, 00:07 AM

Recon Company needs an overhaul in general really... only thing worth a damn is the I&R Pathfinder Arty and you don't really want to waste a commander pick on a one trick pony like that :/

I know man, easily one of the worst comms in the game. Hopefully some of the more heavily underperforming comms will be allowed in the scope next patch cycle.

Speaking of underperforming commanders and bugs, the Mechanized M3. While I hate to kick this particular dog while its down, the M3 arrives at 2cp rather than the intended 3cp.
22 Feb 2017, 17:41 PM

Another thought that I had would be that it would be really nice if defensive structures (Bunkers, Fighting Positions, Tier 4 OKW Truck) would be able to manually retarget squads to optimize pinning and better punish blobbing. I know Miragefla was able to do this in his Mod for at least the OKW Truck so it's doable. It's just really annoying when a bazooka, shrek, or piat blobber can just frontally charge an MG bunker and take it out because AOE suppression hasn't kicked in and you can't re-target. :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★