Login

russian armor

My dream roadmap for 2017

13 Dec 2016, 13:25 PM

Hopefully.:drool:

Imagine choosing your own designed approved commander in automatch, with wholly new units(models, soundFX, Voiceover etc). Equipped with your own manually designed approved bulletins! One can dream

EDIT: Meant 2017 in the title
13 Dec 2016, 13:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Difficult to read text on graphik. Let's hope it will be in 2017! ^_^

P.S. I am also waiting for solving at least half from this list (hehe): https://www.coh2.org/topic/57860/some-qol-suggestions
13 Dec 2016, 14:10 PM
Senior Referee Badge

13 Dec 2016, 14:18 PM

Title updated :)

Messing with the space-time continuum could have grave consequences comrade!
13 Dec 2016, 14:22 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Messing with the space-time continuum could have grave consequences comrade!

Have you ever seen the movie: "Interstellar" ? . Great movie and they mess with space-time as well :banana:
13 Dec 2016, 14:25 PM

I preferred Doctor Who :snfPeter:

Also, a Coh 3 announcement in 2017? If you're ever keeping an eye out on Relic, you'd know the drill: DoW > CoH > DoW > CoH > DoW
13 Dec 2016, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2016, 14:25 PMSwift
I preferred Doctor Who :snfPeter:

Also, a Coh 3 announcement in 2017? If you're ever keeping an eye out on Relic, you'd know the drill: DoW > CoH > DoW > CoH > DoW
It could be something as simple and vague like "a sequel isn't out of question. Don't be super excited though:guyokay:" in December 2017.

Difficult to read text on graphik. Let's hope it will be in 2017! ^_^

P.S. I am also waiting for solving at least half from this list (hehe): https://www.coh2.org/topic/57860/some-qol-suggestions
You can click on the image and view it at full resolution.

Your list is great, and should be looked at.

Title updated :)
Thank you.
13 Dec 2016, 14:32 PM
Donator 11

You are going the wrong way with this f2p madness. Other than that it looks all right.
13 Dec 2016, 14:34 PM

The system is already there. It can prove as a success TBH.
13 Dec 2016, 14:41 PM
Donator 11

Also I think you can forget any changes to the engine, like optimisation or memory leaks for example. Nobody at relic is going to touch that code (and for the better as it may break things horribly) and modders are never going to get even close to looking at
13 Dec 2016, 15:09 PM

You are going the wrong way with this f2p madness. Other than that it looks all right.

Yes the game has been on sales for dirt cheap. The people who were interested in it have had plenty of cheap chances to try it. The crowd did not stay because it's not their cup of tea. F2P will not cure this in any way. It will just depreciate the value of the game saying to the world that it's worth nothing so we will charge nothing. And we all know that can't be farther from the truth. Majority eats McDonalds even though it's fairly rubbish food, and they play simple pew pew games for or the same reason.
13 Dec 2016, 16:51 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Yes the game has been on sales for dirt cheap. The people who were interested in it have had plenty of cheap chances to try it. The crowd did not stay because it's not their cup of tea. F2P will not cure this in any way. It will just depreciate the value of the game saying to the world that it's worth nothing so we will charge nothing. And we all know that can't be farther from the truth. Majority eats McDonalds even though it's fairly rubbish food, and they play simple pew pew games for or the same reason.

You're 100% right

hahahaha
13 Dec 2016, 19:35 PM

Also I think you can forget any changes to the engine, like optimisation or memory leaks for example. Nobody at relic is going to touch that code (and for the better as it may break things horribly) and modders are never going to get even close to looking at
They tweaked some engine-evel stuff last year, aimed aat improving the optimization. They can do it again. Regarding your last comment, I think it has to do with the proprietary nature of the software.

It is on sale again.

Thing is, people love to try free stuff, and once the game is fixed and balanced it will be the best time to give the idea a try. I am mainly worried about the playerbase, not saying that it is too small, in fact compared to most AAA RTS game, CoH2 has a surprisingly large playerbase.

But some top quality RTS games will be available on the market in the next year, so we should be worried a little bit.

:lol:
14 Dec 2016, 16:08 PM

once the game is fixed and balanced it will be the best time to give the idea a try.

From our point of expert view. But a newcomer needs to learn the whole game before they can realise something insightful about balance, they will need to bank a hundered hours of gameplay first. Unknowing of balance, they are more likely to be drawn in by how beasty the Tiger they just called in looks (I was once upon a time, and still am :)). So they might as well play now.

And when they drive their beasty Tiger forward to crush everything and lose it faster than they can say "wtf-this-is-not-realistic-at-all-it-was-indeed-a-beast-in-WW2-oh-the-O.P.ness-of-the-enemy" we might get to hear from them on the forum, or they leave, or... OR in some shining rare cases we get a new tough recruit that won't give up so easily.

Because It's one thing to get shot in a random shooter. It's quite another get slowly grinded down and humiliated while having a tormenting feeling of powerlessness (I don't think that's a word) and insulted by scrubs in a game that requires tremendous knowlege and practice to get good at.

F2P does not change that.
14 Dec 2016, 21:07 PM

From our point of expert view. But a newcomer needs to learn the whole game before they can realise something insightful about balance, they will need to bank a hundered hours of gameplay first. Unknowing of balance, they are more likely to be drawn in by how beasty the Tiger they just called in looks (I was once upon a time, and still am :)). So they might as well play now.

And when they drive their beasty Tiger forward to crush everything and lose it faster than they can say "wtf-this-is-not-realistic-at-all-it-was-indeed-a-beast-in-WW2-oh-the-O.P.ness-of-the-enemy" we might get to hear from them on the forum, or they leave, or... OR in some shining rare cases we get a new tough recruit that won't give up so easily.
You actually just reminded me of myself when I started playing this game some 2/5 years ago.Thanks for the nostalgia.:thumb:

Because It's one thing to get shot in a random shooter. It's quite another get slowly grinded down and humiliated while having a tormenting feeling of powerlessness (I don't think that's a word) and insulted by scrubs in a game that requires tremendous knowlege and practice to get good at.

F2P does not change that.
Very convincing. That's a thing with most RTS games.

So what is your idea for preserving the playerbase and 'preventing' them from leaving and losing interest (aside from chaining them down:lol:)?
15 Dec 2016, 10:04 AM

So what is your idea for preserving the playerbase and 'preventing' them from leaving and losing interest (aside from chaining them down:lol:)?

Chaining down sounds pretty good :)

I think if it's retention with Coh2 we are talking about then it's events. I hate to say it, but e-sports counts. If we have something to rally around and gather for, then the game feels alive regardless minimal new content released (maps mainly). Personally I would so totally buy new missions like Case Blue and try to get the achievements for those. Same as e-sports, I think holiday events like Make War Not Love are great. It's ok for the game to be silly for a few days or so. I remember Killing Floor specimens got Santa costumes during Christmas time and that gave this "we are still here and love our game" feeling from developers. And that's all it takes really to keep CoH2 running among fans.

Eventually though, I want CoH3. And listen, it should not be too different. Just fine tune and fix stuff up. Keep most/all units and factions and commanders and maps and work on what needs work for that ultimate perfection. Immersion is key.

-optimization for the game to run great while looking great.
-even if it does require ultimate high end graphics card: make artillery smoke and hits shine again with the awesome spray of dirt and impact like it did once upon a time.
-bring more sound files back
-fixing all the bugs and glitches known.
-hero units like COHO had
-a cooler ingame chat with more stuff so you can stay in the game and socialice some between games
-bring back cold tech in auto-match, Rostov and winter maps with water/ice

Such game would be the ultimate game. The ultimate.

16 Dec 2016, 17:40 PM

Eventually though, I want CoH3. And listen, it should not be too different. Just fine tune and fix stuff up. Keep most/all units and factions and commanders and maps and work on what needs work for that ultimate perfection. Immersion is key.

-optimization for the game to run great while looking great.
-even if it does require ultimate high end graphics card: make artillery smoke and hits shine again with the awesome spray of dirt and impact like it did once upon a time.
-bring more sound files back
-fixing all the bugs and glitches known.
-hero units like COHO had
-a cooler ingame chat with more stuff so you can stay in the game and socialice some between games
-bring back cold tech in auto-match, Rostov and winter maps with water/ice
The resources, time and ideas required to improve coh2 could be spend on creating a polished sequel instead. Sometimes it's best to start from scratch and save yourself lots of headaches.

But, some of the current issues and dilemmas can be solved without huge amount of work and investment.
16 Dec 2016, 23:18 PM

The resources, time and ideas required to improve coh2 could be spend on creating a polished sequel instead. Sometimes it's best to start from scratch and save yourself lots of headaches.

But, some of the current issues and dilemmas can be solved without huge amount of work and investment.

They are making a sequel, its called DoW3. I'm a fair man but I doubt it will be the 2nd coming of #esports and will following a similar path to coh2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★