Login

russian armor

WPC Finalist Commanders Idea

26 Nov 2016, 03:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Some fun I had throwing these commanders together. My idea was to create commanders that would complement the way they play each faction, and not be overpowered either.

I haven't watched Von Ivan and Nogganno play enough to think up of commanders for them.

Feedback and idea are welcome!

Cheers.

DevM
Armored Spearhead Company USF
(Everything to enhance assaults, neutralize team weapon positioning, increase early aggressiveness, and to stay viable in the late game as well)
- 0CP Elite Riflemen (300MP, Garands have 10% more DPS at all ranges)
- 1CP Smoke Barrage
- 3CP Allied Supply Drop (40FU, drops 3 crates worth 40MU each)
- 4CP Infantry Assault (40MU, copy of WM Tactical Movement)
- 10CP P-47 Rocket Strafe (180MU)

Jesulin
Adaptive Assault Doctrine OKW
(Flexibility, adaptability to any situation. Can be chosen to react to anything: Infantry, Team Weapons, Vehicles, and stays strong in late game as well)
- 1CP Smoke Barrage
- 2CP GrW 42 120mm Heavy Mortar (clone of HM-38, vet 1 Flare replaced with Incendiary Mortar Strike (copy of Sdkfz. 250/7 ability), vet 4 reduces scatter by 15%, vet 5 reduces reload time by 25% and scatter by 15%)
- 3CP Infiltration Tactics
- 8CP Ostwind
- 12CP 17cm Kanone 18 Barrage (150MU, copy of British Concentrated Fire Operation)
26 Nov 2016, 06:51 AM
Patrion 27

Ostwind spam is not something to encourage.
26 Nov 2016, 12:17 PM

Those ideas came from WPC finalist heads? What a joke...

Only Jesulin had nice idea with doctrinal smoke, but it should be an non doctrinal option anyway.
26 Nov 2016, 12:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You misunderstand. These are my ideas, and for recreational purposes only.
26 Nov 2016, 13:13 PM

i like the idea of creating commanders in recognition of tourney winners, but elite riflemen? didn't we learn that those are a horrible idea?
26 Nov 2016, 13:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ostwind spam is not something to encourage.

What would you suggest instead?

i like the idea of creating commanders in recognition of tourney winners, but elite riflemen? didn't we learn that those are a horrible idea?

Elite Riflemen were removed because they affected infantry veterancy pacing. However, the version that I'm putting forward is identical to regular Riflemen, except that their Garands have an extra 10% DPS at all ranges (to make up for their 300MP cost and call-in nature). The important thing is that they have 0 sec build time. This allows you to apply far more early-game pressure, leading to easier snowballing of games.
26 Nov 2016, 22:44 PM

I'm all for adding new commanders but only if they're not exclusive only to those people, that would be complete bullshit and spitting in the face of the rest of the community that are sick and tired of all of the old commanders by now, especially for USF, OKW and UKF, at least the Soviets and Wehr have 19 commanders to choose from while at least 6 being viable from all of them but still, 19 is 19, beats the only 9 the 3 other Western Armies have.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 16
unknown 8
Russian Federation 37
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %