Login

russian armor

Want to see more love from Relic (event promotion, obs mode)

24 Jul 2013, 21:46 PM

Permanently Banned
they really should improve companyofheroes.com website. Basically this website better than that. No description about units,how much dmg they deal etc..
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 24 Jul 2013, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 21:46 PMakosi
they really should improve companyofheroes.com website. Basically this website better than that. No description about units,how much dmg they deal etc..

Agreed.
24 Jul 2013, 21:48 PM

Permanently Banned
not mention that forum is full of noobs, why so op this-why so op that. Only good thing is the changelog and maybe a bug report, but there ppl dont know where to report( or probably it is just me). Report at coh forum, sega forum or there? at least they are relic members here and maybe see some topic.
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 24 Jul 2013, 21:50 PM

A lot of that stuff is stuff we'd also love to see.

However we do have to prioritize what we do and ensure that we have the money to pay for it and still have the game be profitable.

But yes I do know that there are a few things on your list that is on ours, and hopefully one day we'll get them in. However none of them are super easy additions so it's not going to happen overnight.
24 Jul 2013, 22:00 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 20:43 PMraw

Unfortunately there is no definite solution for cheaters but being able to see what the player sees helps a ton to weed out maphackers.

Agreed, but the most important issue remains that you need a team of very very good players willing to spend a lot of their free time on checking replays. I think Relic will push to have this feature at some point, but regarding cheaters I think they will invest resources in some other system than relying on the community to catch them.
24 Jul 2013, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned
AttribArchive_txt\attrib\thq_store\map_packs -command pass mappack
idk what is it, but i need it. and there i found tow 42-45 years files. Hope preorders will get it free.
24 Jul 2013, 22:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 21:50 PMNoun

However we do have to prioritize what we do and ensure that we have the money to pay for it and still have the game be profitable.

But yes I do know that there are a few things on your list that is on ours, and hopefully one day we'll get them in. However none of them are super easy additions so it's not going to happen overnight.

Not sure if you were replying to me or the guy above you, but I totally understand that. Especially things like revamping the replay system. But even if it isn't priority and even if it isn't a simple thing to do, the Observer Mode is the life blood of tournaments. It's the difference between watching the Super Bowl live and watching a recording of it. It's still the same thing when you get right down to it, but it's not as intense or exciting.

And the more viewers for tournaments, the more sponsors the organizers get, the larger the prize pool, and it's a self-serving cycle. The bigger the prize pool, the more people will practice, the more competitive it gets, the more viewers it gets.

The Ladder is just a little want of mine. I loved how the SC2 ladder worked, not the game itself, but the ladder and how it functioned actually motivated me to play even when I wasn't enjoying the actual game. I felt the need to stay ahead of everybody in my league and eventually progress.
25 Jul 2013, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 17:38 PMNoun
We're certainly interested in offering more support to tournaments, and we think we've been doing a pretty good job with it through our social accounts. The fact is that our Facebook posts get far more views daily than our website.

In terms of in-game support it's something we hope to improve.

We're definitely open to suggestions.

As to Twitch, we have a good working relationship with them but have no control over what games or casters they feature. I believe that the more viewers someone has the more likely they are to be featured, which tends to be how it works for other networks as well.

You guys should just hire me! I created the GameHeart overlay which completely revamped the way people spectate Starcraft 2 games and it has been in use worldwide by organizations like Dreamhack and the Global Star League in Korea. Blizzard created their own spectating interface tool in response to my work (and it is still far less powerful).

Here is some info on the GameHeart overlay in case anyone is interested.
25 Jul 2013, 03:56 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

That's great stuff. :welcome: to coh2.org, rtschutter
25 Jul 2013, 05:08 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Oh man Relic you should hire rtschutter. GameHeart is easily the best RTS UI thing I've ever seen. I mean, even if the new CoH 2 UI weren't terrible he'd be a great hire, but given the way things are right now, the game has nowhere to go but up!
25 Jul 2013, 05:25 AM

Not gonna lie... The Gameheart Overlay looks awesome. Tournament logos on the actual map? Mind = Blown. That is a really well thought out overlay. Kudos dude. I hope Relic sends you an e-mail real soon.
25 Jul 2013, 05:39 AM

lol imagine all those idiots who complain about realism and mirror matches if they saw a tournament logo on the map?!

Mannnnnnn if COH2 had the kind of multiplayer support and features of dota2 or sc2 I would be in heaven. Unfortunately it looks like Relics priorities are with single player as it probably brings in the most money.

Relic make an MP focused RTS! I think I give up after getting burned with CoH2 and DoW2.
25 Jul 2013, 06:02 AM

You guys should just hire me! I created the GameHeart overlay which completely revamped the way people spectate Starcraft 2 games and it has been in use worldwide by organizations like Dreamhack and the Global Star League in Korea. Blizzard created their own spectating interface tool in response to my work (and it is still far less powerful). And every time I release an updated version of GameHeart they release a new interface mod which apes my design.

God I need a job.

Oh man, these features I would love to see in coh2 :D
25 Jul 2013, 06:32 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 21:50 PMNoun

You had to see mee doing my Diploma project on Databases in one night =)
Managed to graduade ;) My moto is 'Impossible is nothing'
25 Jul 2013, 08:06 AM

You guys should just hire me! I created the GameHeart overlay which completely revamped the way people spectate Starcraft 2 games and it has been in use worldwide by organizations like Dreamhack and the Global Star League in Korea. Blizzard created their own spectating interface tool in response to my work (and it is still far less powerful). And every time I release an updated version of GameHeart they release a new interface mod which apes my design.

God I need a job.

This overlay is crazy good. Amazing job!
25 Jul 2013, 17:08 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

25 Jul 2013, 22:44 PM

Thanks guys! I really hope more game companies (including Relic) will start to put more care into how their game is presented as a spectator sport.
26 Jul 2013, 01:21 AM

That's a very interesting overlay rtschutter!

There's a lot of reasons why people don't join tourney's by the way. There's peer pressure, for once, players may think they don't have the skill level to participate against big figures in the community.

While a developer CAN push tournament participation (Big prizes, marketing, game features), it doesn't necessarily mean it will turn out positive. I remember Virgin Gaming organized a 1.3 million dollar Battlefield 3 competition. I never heard what happened to it, in fact I think it was silently removed (that was in 2011).

In the end, if players are competitive enough, you can do anything. I remember some games where they created custom, non automated ladders in communities. Similar to tournaments like SNF, but on a seasonal basis, and based on personal challenges to outrank others. The devs can help, but it's up to the players.
26 Jul 2013, 13:01 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

We'll definitely ask Relic to check this thread and your UI, fantastic job!
26 Jul 2013, 13:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Hire this man already, he seems to know what's up :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak