Login

russian armor

Bombing units directly at the HQ is retarded shit.

19 Jul 2013, 19:48 PM

This is nothing new. You could recon / strafe / bombing run anything in COH1 at the same time if you had enough munitions. If you're in that kind of situation you've probably lost anyways as he was ABLE to save up all of those munitions. If he failed, he banked a lot of nothing then you could've possibly came back and won depending on how you played.

Don't be mad just apply a little butthurt cream and get a backrub and you'll be right at it again buddy.
19 Jul 2013, 20:37 PM

is just like building arty in a strong position and bombing the base as British. you don't even need vision.
19 Jul 2013, 20:40 PM

Exactly, most artillery has short enough range (BM-13/Panzerwerfer/mortars), that if he can hit your base, he must have the whole map. Howitzers can't shoot that often and are fairly inaccurate, and off-map requires line of sight (either a further muni dump, or being in your base with a tank etc.)

I approve this thread.
raw
19 Jul 2013, 22:28 PM

This is nothing new.

I was never a fan of that mechanic, even in vCoH. But unpreventable and always available 50kg bombing runs on your HQ is not something I remember from vCoH.

is just like building arty

No. Arty takes time to set up and I can either abort it or destroy it afterwards. I can neither abort nor "destroy" recon + bombing run.
21 Jul 2013, 22:58 PM

well it does suck, but thats alot of resources he is pouring into that. so you might have an advantage elsewhere. good luck in your games :)
21 Jul 2013, 23:05 PM

Its ugly when it happens, but it requires a lot of munitions.

If, for whatever reason, he misses... then he's down 200+ munitions. That's not good for an Ostheer player.

In any case, if an Ostheer player has 200+ munitions and you are mass retreating your units, and he already has access to these end game abilities, the game was not boding well for Soviets in the first place.
22 Jul 2013, 07:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Add AA to base MG bunkers.

Problem solved.
22 Jul 2013, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 07:17 AMNullist
Add AA to base MG bunkers.

Problem solved.

Artillery is not an aircraft. Still works wonders against bases.

AA would also ruin any used of the ability near the base, but not targeting, ruining the point of having airplanes at all.

If the problem became insanely exploitable, then the easiest solution would be to prohibit targeting the base area altogether, even with vision. The problem is not big enough, though.
raw
22 Jul 2013, 16:47 PM

If the problem became insanely exploitable, then the easiest solution would be to prohibit targeting the base area altogether, even with vision. The problem is not big enough, though.

I think it'll be. They could also just change the Commander to not grant Recon and Bombing Run at the same time.
23 Jul 2013, 03:48 AM

Having Recon and bombing run at once is imporant for the synergy of that doctrine.

The problem, like I mentioned before, is not easily exploitable: You need 200+ munitions just to pull it off, and not only that, its not something you can spam from the mid game. Most offensive airplane powers come late game, with the sole exception of strafing run (which is not the point of this topic, but is broken).

How many games in a row has this happened to you? 1? 3? 5?

Until it has become a real trend, like stug spam, strafe spam and maxim spam, there really is no point in spending resources on it, especially when it is such a situational combo too pull off
23 Jul 2013, 04:46 AM

I'm positive in vCOH, there's restriction in using off-map arty on base area.
23 Jul 2013, 05:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2013, 04:46 AMUGBEAR

There isn't. I've done this multiple times. It's happened in casts multiple times.
23 Jul 2013, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2013, 04:46 AMUGBEAR

I'd recommend booting up the game and learning some old game mechanics you should have discovered a while ago! To your disappointment you will find you can use pretty much every off map ability that doesn't solidify itself to a strategic point in your opponents base as long as you have line of sight. It's pretty much exactly the same in COH2. Line of sight = death raining on your base regarding off map call ins.

I mean no offense but this is a really simple game mechanic that's existed for a long time in the COH franchise. I notice you post a lot and if you're going to want to sound like you know what you're talking about.... you may want to make sure you're 100% right when you argue balance like you have been doing non stop everyday. Just food for thought.
23 Jul 2013, 15:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2013, 05:47 AMhubewa

There isn't. I've done this multiple times. It's happened in casts multiple times.

+1
23 Jul 2013, 16:12 PM

It was actually quite a part of the game. It was the ideal way to get rid of Allied howitzers for a while, until they balanced it: howitzers survived a firestorm barrage (barely).

It is easier to do it in CoH2 IF you have the munitions, but its very hard tog et that many munitions as Ostheer in a fight between equally skilled opponents.
23 Jul 2013, 16:22 PM

shame for me then, I though they patched, I used to use V1 to remove US base buildings if I could........

shame for me, I play COH since 2006.....dedicated to 2v2 in 2007.
23 Jul 2013, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2013, 16:22 PMUGBEAR
shame for me then, I though they patched, I used to use V1 to remove US base buildings if I could........

shame for me, I play COH since 2006.....dedicated to 2v2 in 2007.

And so have a lot of people? Me included? What's your point? 6-7 years of not knowing a simple game mechanic might not be something you want to point out about yourself...

On topic though, I think it's fine to bomb enemy bases and units trying to time their retreat, but I would prefer if it didn't insta-gib artillery. 600MP saved up, used probably once or twice, then wiped off the map by a competent player using a commander ability isn't something i'm a fan of.

Edit: Unless this ability is a late game ability kind of like the old V1 to the howitzer in coh1. It takes a while to have the ability to gib the arty, this I'm more ok with.
23 Jul 2013, 17:46 PM

And so have a lot of people? Me included? What's your point? 6-7 years of not knowing a simple game mechanic might not be something you want to point out about yourself...

On topic though, I think it's fine to bomb enemy bases and units trying to time their retreat, but I would prefer if it didn't insta-gib artillery. 600MP saved up, used probably once or twice, then wiped off the map by a competent player using a commander ability isn't something i'm a fan of.

Edit: Unless this ability is a late game ability kind of like the old V1 to the howitzer in coh1. It takes a while to have the ability to gib the arty, this I'm more ok with.

All offensive aerial abilities, with the exception of Strafe and Incendiary I think, are endgame.
24 Jul 2013, 01:56 AM

Attacking a base was a normal part of even high level play. It's no different in CoH2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★