Login

russian armor

New Relic Tourney: War Paint Championship Series

30 Jul 2016, 11:50 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2016, 11:46 AMA_E
I'm pissed that the delays mean it's now in September and I can't cast it.

Good luck to whoever casts it, good luck to the players, and happy watching for fans. It's now timed with the 10th anniversary of CoH1's release at least!

Whut? Why can't you cast it? I figured you and Stormless were the shoe-ins.
A_E
30 Jul 2016, 12:19 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Whut? Why can't you cast it? I figured you and Stormless were the shoe-ins.

I'm on an expensive booked holiday for that time, but kept August clear then they got delayed. From what I gather everything they do has to have legal teams involved, seems pretty debilitating and stagnant.

I know Stormless is still keen.
31 Jul 2016, 16:11 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2016, 11:46 AMA_E
I'm pissed that the delays mean it's now in September and I can't cast it.

SOMEBODY CALL KREBS RIGHT NOW!!!!1 MVGame
31 Jul 2016, 16:57 PM

SOMEBODY CALL KREBS RIGHT NOW!!!!1 MVGame

31 Jul 2016, 20:32 PM
Donator 33

I didn't mean it. I never truly asked for this.

Baby Jesus molested - what have you DONE!
1 Aug 2016, 00:19 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

So what happened to all the money from the warpaint winners before this tournament was announced? Did they just pocket that to cover the ESL costs? That is what it seems like to me.

As Ami said people should be able to see the prize pool increase with no limits rather than being hidden behind these milestones.
1 Aug 2016, 07:51 AM
Patrion 14

Nice "initiative", but as many suggested already, it couldve been much better if they actually utilised us when organising this...

I really hope we get to milestone 6... even if we dont, i think relic should like artificially make it get to milestone 6. (:.
1 Aug 2016, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2016, 12:19 PMA_E

I'm on an expensive booked holiday for that time, but kept August clear then they got delayed. From what I gather everything they do has to have legal teams involved, seems pretty debilitating and stagnant.

I know Stormless is still keen.

That is a real shame, you and stormless are like the dynamic duo!

ESL was 100% better with you two casting it.
1 Aug 2016, 09:53 AM
Senior Caster Badge

So what happened to all the money from the warpaint winners before this tournament was announced? Did they just pocket that to cover the ESL costs? That is what it seems like to me.

As Ami said people should be able to see the prize pool increase with no limits rather than being hidden behind these milestones.

The money from War Paint sales goes back to the community. So people who make the content (skins etc) get a percentage of sales and then the rest goes into the organisation i.e paying for a studio to cast from and prizes for the participants.

The default milestones are created from these original sales and that's why the tournament has been announced.
1 Aug 2016, 10:27 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

The money from War Paint sales goes back to the community. So people who make the content (skins etc) get a percentage of sales and then the rest goes into the organisation i.e paying for a studio to cast from and prizes for the participants.

The default milestones are created from these original sales and that's why the tournament has been announced.

I know how it works. 20% from the Warpaint sales is supposed to be put towards competition prize pools.

$850 prize pool would mean they had only sold $4250 of Warpaint skins which is obviously not true. So I'm just wondering if the other sales were used to recover what they spent on ESL. I think it even mentions that in the polycount competition.
1 Aug 2016, 11:52 AM

the "tracker" is just a JPG image that doesnt change, it is stuck in the middle between M1 and M2, it doesnt show any real numbers and the progress

lol :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
1 Aug 2016, 12:14 PM
Senior Caster Badge

So I'm just wondering if the other sales were used to recover what they spent on ESL. I think it even mentions that in the polycount competition.

I would be surprised honestly if that was the case. I mean ESL was pre-funded using the big tournament money (18k or something) that was promised a couple of years ago. Their finance team would have known in advance what costs were available to be spent. They shouldn't be reclaiming costs from it as it was sealed and done before.

Did the polycount skins really make much money previously? I don't really see that many people using them if i'm totally honest
2 Aug 2016, 06:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

If they don't count the previous sales from the release of the skins then we wont reach any of the cool milestones lol
2 Aug 2016, 07:33 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I wish the prize pool would increase and the last two tiers would have something more than just "we pay for a couple nerds to come to vancouver".

Tell us there's a secret special surprise and have it be a DoWIII trailer or something. At least that.
2 Aug 2016, 08:24 AM
Senior Referee Badge

The sign up page says more then 100 people already signed up. Only 64 can play though. Will the other 36 people who signed up but cant play automatically be signed up (and allowed to play) in the second round? ^^
2 Aug 2016, 09:16 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The sign up page says more then 100 people already signed up. Only 64 can play though. Will the other 36 people who signed up but cant play automatically be signed up (and allowed to play) in the second round? ^^

as it stands there, 1v1 TriHards of high ranks only get the chance. Why would relic deal with the plebs LUL
2 Aug 2016, 09:20 AM

I can´t wait for the bugs that will trouble this tourney. Will Relic ban units and-or commanders themselves too, or will they ignore them and act like the game is totally fine :snfPeter:
3 Aug 2016, 06:12 AM

If they reach the 5th milestone and bring the finalists to Vancouver, did they take into account that some players may need to apply for a visa? I'm pretty sure Russian and Polish citizens can't enter Canada without a Visa, and that's already 4 of the best ESL performers in Jove, Noggano, Barton and Price.
3 Aug 2016, 08:50 AM

If they reach the 5th milestone and bring the finalists to Vancouver, did they take into account that some players may need to apply for a visa? I'm pretty sure Russian and Polish citizens can't enter Canada without a Visa, and that's already 4 of the best ESL performers in Jove, Noggano, Barton and Price.

it's for casters not players, so... Garden logic
3 Aug 2016, 09:29 AM
Patrion 14

its almost milestone 3 now... :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 42
Germany 666
Netherlands 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias