Login

russian armor

Where can I find the content in the June patch?

10 Jun 2016, 00:53 AM

Permanently Banned
I'm very concerned with what kind of balancing issues and tweaks that Relic is doing but I can't find any websites that explicitly say what kind of tweaks are being tested. I'm especially worried about a rumor that the US faction is getting a non-doctrinal mortar at the beginning. This would completely obliterate Ostheer. Also I'm interested in the tweaks that Relic is making for the Brit emplacements.
10 Jun 2016, 00:54 AM
Donator 11

You can find them here fam, changes to brit emplacements as well as OKW shrek bloberino

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241299/april-27th-balance-preview-mod-release-notes#latest

USF mortar opens up their meta, changes to OKW make their inf have a clear and defined role (rather than AT AI infantry), as well as many other changes
10 Jun 2016, 01:03 AM

Permanently Banned
thx a lot man
10 Jun 2016, 01:07 AM

I'm very concerned with what kind of balancing issues and tweaks that Relic is doing but I can't find any websites that explicitly say what kind of tweaks are being tested. I'm especially worried about a rumor that the US faction is getting a non-doctrinal mortar at the beginning. This would completely obliterate Ostheer. Also I'm interested in the tweaks that Relic is making for the Brit emplacements.
They are getting a mortar, but I think you are making the mistake of imagining that it is simply going to be added to current builds making them stronger. The truth is that every mortar is one less rifle. 2 rifles and one mortar isn't any stronger then 3 rifles, it only matters what type of build it's facing.
10 Jun 2016, 01:17 AM

Permanently Banned
They are getting a mortar, but I think you are making the mistake of imagining that it is simply going to be added to current builds making them stronger. The truth is that every mortar is one less rifle. 2 rifles and one mortar isn't any stronger then 3 rifles, it only matters what type of build it's facing.

I bet most playing as the US will still get the same number of rifles and then get a mortar, this will simply delay teching slightly. Plus it may save them the grenade upgrade so in fact the fuel saved for that will actually help quicker tech. Secondly, I don't understand why the US faction needs a mortar at the start, grenades are extremely deadly against mgs. If the mg is not in a building, 70% of the time a grenade will completely wipe the mg crew if its in light or heavy cover, since the crew will bunch up. I heard its to counter mg spam, but seriously, ostheer players could whine about brit emplacement spam and we should have some outlandishly op counter to that (for example, upgrading the halftrack to a walking stuka at tier 2) and having it perform like the OKW stuka. A faction can't have everything. The US early game is hands down the strongest. Is it really necessary to boost their options against mgs? Ostheer need mgs the most cuz grens simply can't hold their ground against rifles or inf sections.
10 Jun 2016, 01:20 AM

Permanently Banned

I bet most playing as the US will still get the same number of rifles and then get a mortar, this will simply delay teching slightly. Plus it may save them the grenade upgrade so in fact the fuel saved for that will actually help quicker tech. Secondly, I don't understand why the US faction needs a mortar at the start, grenades are extremely deadly against mgs. If the mg is not in a building, 70% of the time a grenade will completely wipe the mg crew if its in light or heavy cover, since the crew will bunch up. I heard its to counter mg spam, but seriously, most ostheer players go for just one mg sometimes two. I can understand players that go for mg spam is cuz their tired of US infantry hordes just charging recklessly into the fray and still coming out as the victor of the engagement. Zero micro required. Ostheer players could whine about brit emplacement spam and we should have some outlandishly op counter to that (for example, upgrading the halftrack to a walking stuka at tier 2) and having it perform like the OKW stuka. A faction can't have everything. The US early game is hands down the strongest. Is it really necessary to boost their options against mgs? Ostheer need mgs the most cuz grens simply can't hold their ground against rifles or inf sections.
10 Jun 2016, 01:34 AM

I bet most playing as the US will still get the same number of rifles and then get a mortar, this will simply delay teching slightly. Plus it may save them the grenade upgrade so in fact the fuel saved for that will actually help quicker tech. Secondly, I don't understand why the US faction needs a mortar at the start, grenades are extremely deadly against mgs. If the mg is not in a building, 70% of the time a grenade will completely wipe the mg crew if its in light or heavy cover, since the crew will bunch up. I heard its to counter mg spam, but seriously, ostheer players could whine about brit emplacement spam and we should have some outlandishly op counter to that (for example, upgrading the halftrack to a walking stuka at tier 2) and having it perform like the OKW stuka. A faction can't have everything. The US early game is hands down the strongest. Is it really necessary to boost their options against mgs? Ostheer need mgs the most cuz grens simply can't hold their ground against rifles or inf sections.
And where is that manpower coming from. They aren't getting more mp to throw around, the mortar has to replace something. And going 4 rifles into a mortar is not much different, then going 4 rifles into a pack howi. Sure the mortar will come a little faster,but it's also weaker and leaves them weak against vehicles.

Go test out the changes for yourself. There's nothing special about it. All it does is open up some variety to USF's early game were before there was none.

edit: Also notice that there is no longer bazookas on the captain. Delaying teching for USF means delaying AT.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS