Login

russian armor

Tank shots on the Move

6 Jun 2016, 15:25 PM

What is the logic behind the fact that the Axis factions tanks (OST and OKW) should miss 50% of the time on the move, and the Allies only 25%.
You could argue that Axis has better tanks. OK, I can live with that. But Allies has better Inf overall, and they dont miss 50% of the time.
Where is the asymetrical balance on that.
I think that every faction should have the same %, maybe 50 or 75.
6 Jun 2016, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2016, 15:25 PMLeo251
What is the logic behind the fact that the Axis factions tanks (OST and OKW) should miss 50% of the time on the move, and the Allies only 75%.
You could argue that Axis has better tanks. OK, I can live with that. But Allies has better Inf overall, and they dont miss 50% of the time.

Axis does have better AT overall, and some allies tank have 75% instead of 50% cause speed is the key for them to survive
6 Jun 2016, 15:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Allies tanks' don't all have a 0.75 accuracy modifier on the move. The M4A3 and E8 Shermans, Comets and Cromwells do. TL;DR SU tanks be like :foreveralone:
6 Jun 2016, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2016, 15:36 PMVuther
Allies tanks' don't all have a 0.75 accuracy modifier on the move. The M4A3 and E8 Shermans, Comets and Cromwells do. TL;DR SU tanks be like :foreveralone:

I understand it for the USF as they rely on medium tanks but Brits have tanks on par with the German ones.
6 Jun 2016, 16:11 PM

I understand it for the USF as they rely on medium tanks but Brits have tanks on par with the German ones.

+1000
6 Jun 2016, 16:19 PM

Allies tanks need to be more on the move because they are generally weaker and more mobile than their german counterparts

T34/76 < p4

sherman < p4

cromwell < okw p4 (with skirts)

t34/85 < panther

comet <= panther

And im not even saying about german big cats (russian is2 and churchills are inacurrate on the move too)
6 Jun 2016, 16:42 PM

comet <= panther
Ony if the Panthers front is at the enemy. And then the Panther will only win by a small margin. With unfortunate rng I have seen a Comet win versus a Panther frontally once in a while. In any other situation the Comet will win because of the terrible rate of fire the Panther has. Also the Comet has better general utility versus infantry. if I had to choose one of those tanks I would take the Comet every time.

Similar applies to the T-34/85. It is way cheaper and can win when Panther and T-34/85 are both facing their sides/rear at each other. That is simply pathetic for the Panther. It can´t really fight tanks cost efficiently and sucks versus infantry.
6 Jun 2016, 16:45 PM

Because chasing and wiping the 2 remaining members of 4 man units is so much fun.:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

Stuart and T7000, I am looking at you bitches.
6 Jun 2016, 16:50 PM

Ony if the Panthers front is at the enemy. And then the Panther will only win by a small margin. With unfortunate rng I have seen a Comet win versus a Panther frontally once in a while. In any other situation the Comet will win because of the terrible rate of fire the Panther has. Also the Comet has better general utility versus infantry. if I had to choose one of those tanks I would take the Comet every time.

Similar applies to the T-34/85. It is way cheaper and can win when Panther and T-34/85 are both facing their sides/rear at each other. That is simply pathetic for the Panther. It can´t really fight tanks cost efficiently and sucks versus infantry.

I only talked in tank vs tank fights where acurracy is used. Against infantry tanks use much often scatter than acuraccy.

And yes they are better against infantry but tanks vs tank fight comet loses more often if it does not flank that why i wrote weaker or equal (<=)
6 Jun 2016, 16:52 PM

Because chasing and wiping the 2 remaining members of 4 man units is so much fun.:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

Stuart and T7000, I am looking at you bitches.

Fun fact: luchs is much better at hunting squads than stuart. Stuart is puma/ t70 hybrid.
6 Jun 2016, 17:20 PM

Vanilla factions get gimped once again here with mostly 50% moving accuracy on their tanks compared to WFA and brits who get 75% quite often.

Also ost blitzkrieg is weaker to okw combat blitz for some reason when it comes to accuracy.
6 Jun 2016, 17:23 PM

It's because the US and brits used gyro stabilizers on their tanks to improve accuracy when they moved.

Soviets and germans didn't use them.
6 Jun 2016, 17:25 PM

You really want to go on the Historical-Accurate way ? :snfPeter:

By the way, the gyrostabilizer was a complete piece of crap in ww2.
6 Jun 2016, 17:32 PM

You really want to go on the Historical-Accurate way ? :snfPeter:

By the way, the gyrostabilizer was a complete piece of crap in ww2.

Well in-game most the tanks with gyro-stabilizers aren't as good as their peers in head on confrontation, so it's a good way to have some asymmetric balance and represent a true historical element all in one go.

I just mentioned the historic point because no one mentioned it yet and some people might not know that or understand why relic did it that way.
6 Jun 2016, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2016, 15:25 PMLeo251
What is the logic behind the fact that the Axis factions tanks (OST and OKW) should miss 50% of the time on the move, and the Allies only 25%.

25% is not enough to have an impact on the outcome of the match.It is a compensation for the lower armour value of allied tanks.A toe to toe fight ,just relying on pure combat stats ,advantages axis,therefore you "need" a slightly higher moving accuracy to balance it out.

Also keep in mind that 25% is still a penalty not a bonus ,it is always better to stand still.:)
6 Jun 2016, 18:23 PM

But the true historic point, sadly, is that the gyrostabilizer was most of the time not used because it was totally unreliable. So it was here ... without be :D

So i don't think we ( and Relic ) can use this argument for the game ( Pretty sure that even the Vampir IR scope on STG 44 was more used lol )

And in terms of realistic features, there are so much things far more important that need to be added to the game ( Or just corrected ... mostly corrected :romeoHairDay: )
6 Jun 2016, 19:14 PM

Flanking a Panther is the easiest thing to do after all. All we have to do is smoke and flank, right? Gawd, play some games as allies.
6 Jun 2016, 19:22 PM

Similar applies to the T-34/85. It is way cheaper and can win when Panther and T-34/85 are both facing their sides/rear at each other.

And a King Tiger loses to a single guard with a PTRS if it's on Prioritize vehicle.

The Panther is faster than a T34/85. It has double the front armor of a T34/85. It has 10 more range than T34/85. It has higher penetration than a T34/85. If you lose a Panther to a T34/85, you have only yourself to blame.
6 Jun 2016, 20:08 PM

USF deserves to have high accuracy on the move since they are a very mobile designed faction and have weakly armored tanks but brits??! no they dont need it nor deserve it.

why? cromwell shits all over the p4 and is currently the most cost efficient medium in the game and when it comes to panther vs comet, panther is only superior in tank hunting whilst the comet is very good in every kind of engagement, i personally prefer the comet.
6 Jun 2016, 20:38 PM

USF deserves to have high accuracy on the move since they are a very mobile designed faction and have weakly armored tanks but brits??! no they dont need it nor deserve it.

No AT grenades, no mobile artillery, rocket artillery is doctrinal, no offensive stock infantry, generally worst anti-blob means among all factions, no heavy tanks that can fight back, AI of their tanks is actually the worst compared to all other factions...

Please remind me, why does the OKW deserve a non-doctrinal heavy tank?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★