Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace not viable

2 Jun 2016, 11:30 AM

I tested myself a Tiger Ace and a normal Tiger vet 3.Not a single difference in combat.Both do 160 damage,have the exact range,the other at least have an mg42 and the other hurt your manpower income and fuel income.Why would you go for Tiger Ace?I suggest make Tiger ace 720 MP and 280 fuel,remove mp and fuel penalties and increase it's damage to 240.ATM there is no point to take the single doctrine with Tiger Ace beside normal tiger that at vet 3 it's in combat exactly as Tiger Ace
2 Jun 2016, 11:39 AM

They have different purposes though. The Tiger Ace is a tactical call-in more than anything.

Getting a Tiger to vet 3 is no easy feat. The Tiger Ace, in addition to being max vet, also allows you to get some tanks before you unlock it since it costs no fuel. But once you get it, you'd better win the game fast!

I'd say the Tiger Ace is useful when needing a call-in to tip the scales in your favour decisively and win the game quickly and the regular Tiger is just a replacement for tier 4 in matches that will drag on.

Essentially, the Tiger Ace has great shock value initially and then its usefulness goes down with time, while the regular Tiger has moderate shock value but gets more and more useful as it vets up.
2 Jun 2016, 11:41 AM
Patrion 310

Ace also has TWP and I think better sight range.
2 Jun 2016, 11:44 AM

Have you considered the Tiger Ace does not cost any fuel? An Osteer player behind in fuel can easily bring armour presence late game by calling it. The Tiger Ace also has better AI with its main gun and increased DPS on its hull and coaxial mgs. The Tiger Ace also brings a shock factor with the opponent feeling pressure to deal with the Tiger Ace.

The Suggestion you made makes little sense because there is an incredible difference from calling in a Tiger Ace and a Non Vetted Tiger because of fuel and veterancy differences. The Tiger Ace has much more utility than a Normal Tiger in that sense.
2 Jun 2016, 11:48 AM

This, plus one costs 0 fuel to call-in and arrives at vet3.

TA isn't supposed to be magical Wunderwaffe.

Its just a vet3 tiger with different ability.
2 Jun 2016, 11:52 AM

The TA has a much higher shock factor than even the KT, rapid ROF, long sight range and extra durability. Its performance is OK, the fuel penalty is also OK. However the MP income penalty is a bit too high.

@Kat, MoP: The TWP was removed from this unit ages ago.
2 Jun 2016, 11:56 AM

I made a thread about that some months ago.

I haven´t used the Ace since.

It is just designed with many flaws. The Allied player doesn´t get rewarded if he denies fuel as the TA only comes with a manpower cost. The Axis player is encouraged to yolo-rush the TA into action as it does not pay off when it´s alive for a longer time.

You are better off going for a regular Tiger most of the time.
2 Jun 2016, 12:00 PM

Your threads are not viable.

Did you expected this unit to win game for you?
2 Jun 2016, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2016, 12:00 PMNEVEC
Did you expected this unit to win game for you?

Didn't they all expected this when they were paying for the commander? :sibHyena:
2 Jun 2016, 12:22 PM

This, plus one costs 0 fuel to call-in and arrives at vet3.

TA isn't supposed to be magical Wunderwaffe.

Its just a vet3 tiger with different ability.

It still gets out of harm way too reliably. Seen that replay on org where the tiger ace should have died like 20 times but got away time and time again boucing every freakin shot from the front lol
2 Jun 2016, 12:29 PM

Tiger ace doesnt have Target weak point
2 Jun 2016, 12:34 PM

Tiger Ace purpose is to save you when you lost other armor in lategame and desperately need strong armor presense
2 Jun 2016, 12:43 PM

my suggested changes to it are

1 : feul cost addition. => 800 mp and 260 feul

2 : 50 sight nerfed to 35 like a normal tiger.

3 : health reduced from 1280 to 1040

4 : feul income cut by 50% instead of 90%

5 : no manpower income penalites
2 Jun 2016, 12:51 PM
Patrion 310

Tiger ace doesnt have Target weak point

Fair enough. I have not used the Ace in a long time but thought it was used on me from my video. Seems it was just crew shock.
2 Jun 2016, 12:55 PM
Donator 22

they removed TWP from the tiger ace [remember double shot bug]
Im sure he has better sight range.[you can stack tiger bulletins for even more sight range]
Its not that bad when you go massive T3, to get a vet3 tiger for "only" 800MP imo
2 Jun 2016, 13:40 PM

TA is perfectly fine brah, it should not be an auto win ability. It costs zero fuel what more do you want?
2 Jun 2016, 13:49 PM

Tiger ace combined with command PIV/Panther is literal cancer in teamgames, try it out
2 Jun 2016, 13:53 PM

I said it need a tweak not to buff it.Did some of you read that I think TA should cost 720MP and 280 fuel but reduce fuel and manpower penalty.It's vetted that's why it should cost more than a tiger but if you use it for 5 minutes,the enemies will have more armor than you(if you lose all vehicle and you use it to replace lost vehicles as others said)I would rather have a normal Tiger that don't cripple my manpower and fuel.What if I need a Panther to support if afther 5 minutes?with normal tiger i can but with TA,the longer the game it get(and it lives)the longer you are in dissavantage
2 Jun 2016, 14:03 PM

I like the way it currently is. Call in the TA can makes you win, but the drawback is very important and you must consider it before you click on the button. ( Unlike most of the Heavy tanks where you just click on the button at the frame it becomes available )

Very risky, very decision-maker, but very powerful. I like it.
2 Jun 2016, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2016, 12:43 PMSmaug
my suggested changes to it are

1 : feul cost addition. => 800 mp and 260 feul

2 : 50 sight nerfed to 35 like a normal tiger.

3 : health reduced from 1280 to 1040

4 : feul income cut by 50% instead of 90%

5 : no manpower income penalites

So a wrost tiger ? (Tiger noob)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak