Login

russian armor

Double Stuart into Pershing

30 May 2016, 08:12 AM

I was watching some casts a week ago, this one particularly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPTj0G_i8-U and felt in love with dual Stuart build.

I mostly use it with the Pershing Commander and skip T3 (or build it after the Pershing) but it also works with the Tactician commander if you include enough AT stuff in your build.

Dual stuart is tricky. you need to keep your first one alive and use it to harass your opponent as usual. Then you build the second one when you have 70 more fuel. Both have very good DPS vs any target < medium tanks.

Pro:
Low MP cost, doesn't hurt much your MP economy and then if you manage to keep them alive = cost only upkeep.
good DPS vs any soft target, if your opponent doesn't pay attention you can easily wipe squads in really short time.
good survivability if you don't try to dive
Vet1 Vision bonus one 1 Stuart make both of them beast using in pair
Good damage sponge when used in pair, you retreat the targeted/damaged one and can still deal damage
Dual stunshot on medium make them much more deadly that your opponent could think if you support then well with atnade/zooks/atgun
Special Pershing Commander:
When the Pershing hit the field, you are pretty sure to still have one alive and vetted: good vision and stunshot to deal with natural pershing counters: Tigers/Panthers
dual Stuart with rifles and combined arms ability activated is really great to use.

Cons:
Vet0 vision is shit, you need to vet your first stuart and not lose it.
140 fuel investment is huge for 2 units that can't kill medium by their own
Requires a lot of micro to have them survive, you need to know when to go forward, go backward, you can't use them with only attack move, they'll get stuck together in no time making them easy targets.
Stuarts are durable but not that much when mediums hit the field.
So they require even more micro when mediums hit the field.
You're sacrificing early Major/Sherman/Jackson

What are you thought about it? did you try it?
30 May 2016, 08:21 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

cool strat. tried it vs Brad in one of my older replays(triple Stuart) and also used it from time to time in 2v2 but not with Pershing yet, but with M10s and armor company, it's a great way to get 2 early Thompson crew squads... Call me crazy

Works best vs ostheer to really Avalanche your light vehicle rifle blob advantage. They have to get like a pgren shrek squad to properly counter before they get the CP or t3 tech, or they just get steamrolled if you do it right.

Vs OKW though they can just pump out too many shreks and in turn, it ends up making your Stuart's way harder to use than they should be, makes them borderline useless as its a lot of resources and delayed techtied into them to each be countered by one shrek squad being in the vicinity..

I think this will be the new meta when OKW loses the shreks and shermans loose their crush ..but it depends.. do the relic preview sturms get shreks or Is that mirages mod only..
30 May 2016, 08:33 AM

i can see this totally wrecking ostheer, because with the second stuart and good micro you can get around a single pak.
30 May 2016, 08:44 AM

cool strat. tried it vs Brad in one of my older replays(triple Stuart) and also used it from time to time in 2v2 but not with Pershing yet, but with M10s and armor company, it's a great way to get 2 early Thompson crew squads... Call me crazy

Works best vs ostheer to really Avalanche your light vehicle rifle blob advantage. They have to get like a pgren shrek squad to properly counter before they get the CP or t3 tech, or they just get steamrolled if you do it right.

Vs OKW though they can just pump out too many shreks and in turn, it ends up making your Stuart's way harder to use than they should be, makes them borderline useless as its a lot of resources and delayed techtied into them to each be countered by one shrek squad being in the vicinity..

I think so the strat is much more viable vs OKW in 1vs1 than 2vs2, You can also see if your opponent use a lot of grenade, if yes ==> dual Stuart.

I think this will be the new meta when OKW loses the shreks and shermans loose their crush ..but it depends.. do the relic preview sturms get shreks or Is that mirages mod only..

totally agreeing, I have the same thought, I'm really looking forward to see if OKW get Shreck+pzfaust or one or the other. I really hope for the second option or Light/medium play will be dead vs OKW.
30 May 2016, 08:59 AM

Well one older strat (devms OCF strat) was m20 into Stuart but now that leut is useless cause no at, so I do think its better to go into capt with 4 rifles (4th rifle to replace leut) and use the 70 f you save for a 2 Stuarts

Would also force OKW players to get a PUMA next patch
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS