Login

russian armor

How do you counter Ostheer sniper as USF?

30 May 2016, 16:14 PM

A lot of good advice from lt Spears

I'm not really into this buying of commanders, but thanks for the tips! I shall try this stuart halftrack combo.

The new patch contains a usf mortar right? If that makes it to the game, the problems will be solves since I can then reliably counter mg42 lockdowns with t1 !
30 May 2016, 17:10 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I have found this out the hard way, 222 simply stood there and laughed at my bazooka :(

What about last minute zook dismounts or luring the 222 over M20 mines?

Sidenote: I think it's funny how people were saying that the bazooka was OP against panthers when it's hard even to take down a 222,

30 May 2016, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 17:10 PMwouren

Sidenote: I think it's funny how people were saying that the bazooka was OP against panthers when it's hard even to take down a 222,

You have to control both side of the map, the sniper usually stay around mid. So cap sides and keep your rifles out of vision behind shot blockers.
Or he is going to move to cap one side and you ambush him, or he is going to your cutoff and you flank him from everywhere.

Masterkey word is do not hard retreat all your squads at the same time or it is pretty much GG for him.
30 May 2016, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 17:10 PMwouren

That could work yeah. Well bazooka spam counters panther pretty well!
30 May 2016, 19:30 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 17:46 PMEsxile

You have to control both side of the map, the sniper usually stay around mid. So cap sides and keep your rifles out of vision behind shot blockers.
Or he is going to move to cap one side and you ambush him, or he is going to your cutoff and you flank him from everywhere.

Masterkey word is do not hard retreat all your squads at the same time or it is pretty much GG for him.

Not to be rude or anything, but how does this have anything to do with my post? It's a good standalone post, but I'm confused on why you chose to have it be a reply to my post. Maybe an accident?
30 May 2016, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 19:30 PMwouren

Not to be rude or anything, but how does this have anything to do with my post? It's a good standalone post, but I'm confused on why you chose to have it be a reply to my post. Maybe an accident?

I think it was an accident
30 May 2016, 22:28 PM
Strategist Badge

As Katiof said, against good OH sniper USF gets totally shutdown so unless you outplay him, there's no chance.

He wanted help playing as the AMERICANS not the United Kingdom.
30 May 2016, 23:28 PM

The biggest issue is the grenadier screen. Bear in mind how compact a Wehrmact commander has to play in order to protect his sniper.

Hypothetically, you should outnumber his troops by a squad at the very least. Consider another RE Squad to either cap and harrass, or give the Sniper something else to shoot that isn't going to bleed you as badly allowing your riflemen to move into a better position. If your micro is up to the task, and your opponent is attack moving, sacrificing an RE squad may just give you the window your rifles need to do the business.

Good luck, the counter to a sniper is always in mind and material more expensive than the unit itself.
31 May 2016, 00:32 AM

I hate snipers
31 May 2016, 14:54 PM

The biggest issue is the grenadier screen. Bear in mind how compact a Wehrmact commander has to play in order to protect his sniper.

Hypothetically, you should outnumber his troops by a squad at the very least. Consider another RE Squad to either cap and harrass, or give the Sniper something else to shoot that isn't going to bleed you as badly allowing your riflemen to move into a better position. If your micro is up to the task, and your opponent is attack moving, sacrificing an RE squad may just give you the window your rifles need to do the business.

Good luck, the counter to a sniper is always in mind and material more expensive than the unit itself.

Thank you!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS