Login

russian armor

(idea) Steam sale tourney

13 Jul 2013, 18:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD

an idea i had for a tourney for coh2. want to see a coh2 tourney no prize money no sponsors well (no one seems to want to sponsor coh2 :s ) i had an idea the community could fund the prizes pretty easily with the steam summer sale (or whatever sale is currently going on.) going on right now going on now games being on sale for often times dirt. if everyone bought a game for the tourney we would have a huge amount of games to give away as prizes for a tourney or maybe 2 or 3. this way its possible to fund tourneys more often without relying on huge sponsors. even if there is not a huge amount of money involved free games imo are always welcome things. also if this becomes popular maybe other company's might even think about pitching in. (after all they have money (game keys) spilling out of there ass ;).)

format: 1v1 single/double elimination

winners: how prizes would be distributed would be winner gets first pick and down from there 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... (depending on how many prizes there could be more picks for higher placing.)

prizes
the prizes would work like this since the steam summer sale is going on i figure if everyone pitches in games we could have a boat load of prizes really fast. with the games being so cheap with the summer sale. this would get rid of the need for sponsors or help alleviate it anyways.

the pool... accpeting donations (you can thank the steam store glitching)
la noire
La Noire the Complete edition
portal 1&2
witcher 1
witcher 2
Dawn of War 2 (donated by nullist.)
donated by NorfolkNClue
Natural Selection 2 (steam)
Fez (Steam)
donated by Qvazar
company of heroes complete collection (steam) (pending)
Donated by Wuff
Metro Last light x2
Just Cause 2 x10
XCOM enemy unknown x1
Hotline Miami x5
Crysis 3 (Origin)
Tomb Raider x2
Mass effect 3 x2 (Origin)
GTA 4 x2
donated By Rogers
Civilization IV

donations: if you want to donate steam games to the list feel free to make a post on the thread saying which games. and feel free to contact me on steam so i/we can start organizing the prize pool and details.

staff: if i end up having to organize this tourney i will also need admins/refs/and god knows what else. someone willing to cast it as well would nice after all that is the point of this. if you want to help with the back work for the tourny feel free to contact me on steam or PM.

obviously it can't just be one person for an idea like this to work. though if it proves popular i might just throw a few more games into the pile. think about it potentially even more tourneys to watch. (:D) what do you guys think??? another question i have to ask is if people are willing to play in the tourney?

my steam profile page

im willing to jump headfirst into the pile of shit i just need people to join me.

thanks ipkaifung for offering what assistance you can even if you can't help full time. if i end up heading this i will be asking you lots of questions. :D
13 Jul 2013, 18:23 PM
Benefactor 115

Good idea, the more events the better!
14 Jul 2013, 09:34 AM

Yep, nice idea. I'll put in.
15 Jul 2013, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 18:07 PMWiFiDi
(or whatever sale is currently going on.) going on right now going on now

I would like to know what is going on here...:S
15 Jul 2013, 22:28 PM

Will this be 2v2? If so, i'm in! (the lack of 2v2 tourneys so far makes me sad panda :( )
16 Jul 2013, 12:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Will this be 2v2? If so, i'm in! (the lack of 2v2 tourneys so far makes me sad panda :( )

could be nay number of players (4v4 anyone MVGame) but would have to have to have twice the prizes as a 1v1 and so forth due to more players.

i will be soon working out exactly how many prizes i will need minimum and ofc more details for all you detail whores. :P

the idea behind this tourney idea is to eliminate/reduce the need for sponsors for the coh2/gaming tourney scene. (which at this point just aren't there.) though id certainly love some sponsorship. :P

i would love for this idea to take off and possibly do this twice annually once after the winter sale and once after summer sale but I can't fund this on my own (as i am currently mooching off my parents so to speak.) I need help from the community which im relying on to make this idea work. the odds aren't' that good anyways but with esl it makes it harder.

steam summer sale mate. check the steam store. wait i just realized my dyslexia made that sentence make sense. :P

i also am im still looking for donations as many as possible would be nice. :P
16 Jul 2013, 14:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge

OOPS *snippet*
17 Jul 2013, 12:38 PM

look forward to some 2vs2 events no mood for 1v1 right now;p
17 Jul 2013, 13:46 PM

Would be nice to have a 2v2 tournament, I may even join! Format to be each team plays each faction in a series, bo3s kind of thing.

There are some bad 2v2 maps though, so that should definitely be looked at prior to starting.
21 Jul 2013, 15:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge

added 3 more games to the pot:

la noire
witcher 1
witcher 2

the problem with a volunteer prize system is, i'll actually NEED people to volunteer prizes. :P(people that enter the tourny can volunteer prizes 2 and go win them back.)

especially if you want it to be 2v2 ;)

also edited the format:

1v1 (or 2v2) single/double elimination

what type of tourney do you guys want to see???
22 Jul 2013, 16:49 PM

Permanently Banned
Donating 1x DoW2 to the Tournament.
22 Jul 2013, 18:30 PM

Haven't done anything until now, as was waiting for the donations to start, then I forgot about the thread. Have:

Natural Selection 2
Fez

ready to donate.

Have added you on steam. Wouldn't mind helping out trying to organise the tourney, as I've never done anything like that before.
22 Jul 2013, 19:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I vote for 2v2 but that halves the prices as well :P
Ive got a 10 percent of toki tori 2 coupon as consolation prize
22 Jul 2013, 19:17 PM

2v2 tourney would be cool.
I actually don't have the DotA2 gifts anymore, just remembered I gave them all to the DotA2 gift-bot :D
But I do have a copy of CoH1 with OF and ToV from the CoH2 collectors edition pack!
22 Jul 2013, 19:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

im game with that qvazar

thanks for all the donations really appreciate it. might not take place right away (a busy season right now) i will be planning away though in the back room so to speak any donated games go to this tourney and the future of this tourney meaning if there are games that aren't picked or used i plan to do this again and they will be put into that prize pool.

(using the name steam sounds like im sponsored by steam and im not so yea.)

so im thinking "Tournament of GameKeys" (tournament of roses) sounds corny probably but i don't want to use an actual company's name for legal reasons. think of a better name feel free to volunteer one.
22 Jul 2013, 21:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

several donations were made and a few more still to come so thank you.

company of heroes complete collection (donated by Qvazar) (pending)
Dawn of War 2 (donated by nullist.) )(pending)
Natural Selection 2 (donated by NorfolkNClue)
Fez (donated by NorfolkNClue)

i actually need proof the game is gonna be added before i add to list. so contact me on steam nad we can work out the details.

could always use more :P
23 Jul 2013, 19:31 PM

I Lol'd so hard xD
Only Relic postRelic 23 Jul 2013, 23:31 PM

This is an excellent idea.

It's nice to see people doing positive things to make the game better for everyone.

I'll donate a few things, and get Relic/SEGA to pitch in a few. We'll chat sometimes this week.
24 Jul 2013, 07:38 AM

I can add Metro Last light x 2, Just Cause 2 x 10, XCOM enemy unknown x1, Hotline Miami x5, Crysis 3 (Origin) Tomb Raider x 2, Mass effect 3 x2 (Origin), GTA 4 x 2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★