Login

russian armor

MG-42 4 man squad

12 Jul 2013, 10:39 AM

this to me is what ruined vcoh. bad players will always lose units, but making the game so that one mistake costs you major setbacks (lost mg42, russian recrews with 6 man squad, need to pay 240 mp to get another mg42 or lose map control, fall behind in tech...) because my 3 man squad had a molotov thrown on them which killed them outright instead of forcing retreat (retreat meaning that territory is now my opponents and i have to retake it. smaller loss and allows for more tactical gameplay).

when i start losing whole units in 1-2 shots, i feel like i'm playing a coh/sc2 hybrid which is a horrible thought

edit: if i remember correctly support teams had alot more armor (pak did for sure) and there were less flame weapons. meaning the extra hp was not near as necessary

Isnt that how it should be? If you have positioned your MG so that the enemy can outflank and molotov you, you have obviously taken a risk, in order to cover a certain area, without securing your flanks. I think this should be punished.

In vCOH your MG would survive if you retreated imedeatly, but you couldnt hold your ground and wait for support, the way you can now. I think that was the perfect balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★