Login

russian armor

Proximity between streamers and Relic development team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
9 Apr 2016, 22:15 PM

Is it really normal all that close relation the devs keep with the best players and broadcasters?
Or am I the only one striked by how close they are between each other?

I update the game just recently, I get in, and what do I see?
Helping Hans on the front page, this is joke lol?

Do you realize how influent they are on choices they keep doing to balance the game so far?
Imperial Dane himself is a moderator on their forums.
Helping Hans get to be on first page of the game.

If I'm not mistaken, they let one of them also write up a guide for beginners, that they link to in the game ?

9 Apr 2016, 22:19 PM

You do realize that most competitive games reach to top players for feedback, ideas and opinions as well, right?

And featuring players isn't exactly a new thing either in competitive gaming.
9 Apr 2016, 22:20 PM

Is it really normal all that close relation the devs keep with the best players and broadcasters?

Do you realize how influent they are on choices they keep doing to balance the game so far?

If I'm not mistaken, they let one of them also write up a guide for beginners, that they link to in the game ?

If you don't agree with the balance just make your own balance in a mod, if it's not about that then I don't know, we're mere mortals to them, un-important, those YouTubers and broadcasters are the ones fetching people to the game for them, free advertising you may call it. While the loyal fans that have stuck with the game even unwillingly during the harshest of times of theirs games are down in the mud, for instance I've been crashing ever since the vet patch and every time I try to contact them about it there's no reply or it's very late or it's very generic, like have you tried updating your drivers or checking the game's cache. I've sent over 30 bug splat reports and I can't even access their bugged website forums lol.

So no, in a few words, this is not a joke sadly, it's the real world with which we must learn to deal with, that we are un-important, just another money bag down for the count, that's it, that's all of it.
9 Apr 2016, 22:21 PM

You do realize that most competitive games reach to top players for feedback, ideas and opinions as well, right?

And featuring players isn't exactly a new thing either in competitive gaming.

It's exactly the problem I have.
9 Apr 2016, 22:22 PM

If you don't agree with the balance just make your own balance in a mod, if it's not about that then I don't know, we're mere mortals to them, un-important, those YouTubers and broadcasters are the ones fetching people to the game for them, free advertising you may call it. While the loyal fans that have stuck with the game even unwillingly during the harshest of times of theirs games are down in the mud, for instance I've been crashing ever since the vet patch and every time I try to contact them about it there's no reply or it's very late or it's very generic, like have you tried updating your drivers or checking the game's cache. I've sent over 30 bug splat reports and I can't even access their bugged website forums lol.

So no, in a few words, this is not a joke sadly, it's the real world with which we must learn to deal with, that we are un-important, just another money bag down for the count, that's it, that's all of it.

I didn't pay a game to mod it or play the mods instead of the actual game, made and balanced by the known players.

We're forced to play on a game designed and balanced by Luvnest and Hans?
Are you fucking kidding me?

Why not ask the mid ones? the ones that play casually and competitively at a minimum degree?
Since these are the majority.
9 Apr 2016, 22:35 PM

Why not ask the mid ones? the ones that play casually and competitively at a minimum degree?

Because the mid ones and the ones that play casually are not aware of 100% of unit capabilities and possible strats and counters.

If you are sick and want to get healed, you go to the best hospital you know, not to your local shaman.

If you want to have good education, you go to best schools you can get to, not to local one in some 300 people village on the outskirts of satans ass.

If you want valuable feedback on balance, you go to the best people who can provide it with enough knowledge behind them.

This is why people go to experts instead of just going out on the street and asking random joes for opinions.
9 Apr 2016, 22:44 PM

Because they don't know what they're talking about. Go check the steam or Relic's official forums, they're full of balance suggestions from these kinds of players. A quick scan reveals that, according to them, Sturmtiger should have B4 range, another Allied faction is needed (along with a gem about SU-85 and Cons being OP), USF Airborne Rocket strafe OP and so on.
9 Apr 2016, 22:45 PM

lol outskirts of satans ass
9 Apr 2016, 22:45 PM

yeah its always top players they get suggestions from since they know the game the most.
9 Apr 2016, 22:49 PM

Because they don't know what they're talking about. Go check the steam or Relic's official forums, they're full of balance suggestions from these kinds of players. A quick scan reveals that, according to them, Sturmtiger should have B4 range, another Allied faction is needed (along with a gem about SU-85 and Cons being OP), USF Airborne Rocket strafe OP and so on.

:snfPeter: I particularly enjoy comments like "222 got a small health buff" apparently 50% is small now according to one of the well known community members :romeoHype:
9 Apr 2016, 22:56 PM

coincidentally all that defend those practices have a twitch channel.

Only A.Soldier gave me a true answer
9 Apr 2016, 23:05 PM

Well, I don't have a Twitch channel, and I think this is completely normal and unremarkable.

Obviously its in the interests of such companies to put their 'stars' out on public view; partly because it makes things more real and relatable, and partly because it implicitly offers "this could be you".

And taking balance advice from top players is completely reasonable, and certainly no weirder than getting various sports celebs to participate in designing shoes or what have you, which is as old as the hills.

I don't see the issue.
9 Apr 2016, 23:10 PM

It's a good thing as long as certain players don't get their ear more than the rest. (Which does tend to happen, honestly.)

There have been a lot of changes to CoH2 that I really dislike thanks to this sort of feedback, but if most people like it better than I guess I'll be the grumpy odd man out.

9 Apr 2016, 23:25 PM

It's a good thing as long as certain players don't get their ear more than the rest. (Which does tend to happen, honestly.)

There have been a lot of changes to CoH2 that I really dislike thanks to this sort of feedback, but if most people like it better than I guess I'll be the grumpy odd man out.

You shouldn't stand out for the bullshit that this game is now.
Be the grumpy odd man and fuck the haters, that close relationship isn't normal.

And like A.Solder said, the casual players, us, are suffering from it.
9 Apr 2016, 23:25 PM
Senior Caster Badge

You're right, relic should not interact with the top streamers and players in tbeir game...
9 Apr 2016, 23:27 PM
Patrion 14

Riddle me this, why on earth would a dev get close with free content content creaters, brand advocates or, you know, people that play the game a lot and know the ins and outs of how it works? Why on earth would they do that? They crazy right? Fucking Relic, reaching out to community representatives and shit!
For those whose iq is smaller than my shoe size, this was sarcasm
9 Apr 2016, 23:28 PM

Nothing wrong with taking balance feedback from top players rather than some random 1000 something on ladder. But the fanboying promotional stuff gets annoying. I don't want Hans or anyone else plastered all over the menu.
9 Apr 2016, 23:29 PM

For those whose iq is smaller than my shoe size, this was sarcasm

Just for this part I won't even waste time answering you.
This arrogance is actually one thing that denotes a lot of players and streamers in this game.

I once remember that one time where I was playing against HoI-Paul, while he was streaming, he would tell me "to get rekt and leave" just before I lost.

And this is the players Relic is getting feedback from?

Fuck off.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight