Login

russian armor

Best OKW doctrinal Infantry?

What is the best OKW doctrinal infantry for cost?
Option Distribution Votes
57%
21%
22%
Total votes: 101
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Apr 2016, 14:41 PM

Hi, help me out:

By pure anti infantry damage output on all ranges, what is the best squad? What is the best for cost (upfront + reinforce)? What is the best squad to cost effectively kill infantry?

If I want to kill infantry fast, what infantry squad is the best to call in?

I didn´t include Obersoldaten StG44 as I´m asking for early solutions around 2CPs and they are rather an upgrade than a new squad.
4 Apr 2016, 14:48 PM

Hi, help me out:

By pure anti infantry damage output on all ranges, what is the best squad? What is the best for cost (upfront + reinforce)? What is the best squad to cost effectively kill infantry?

If I want to kill infantry fast, what infantry squad is the best to call in?

I didn´t include Obersoldaten StG44 as I´m asking for early solutions around 2CPs and they are rather an upgrade than a new squad.

You need to change you title bc you will confuse people, the best overall infantry for OKW is different than pure damage output. Two different answers for that.

Falls are 100% best pure damage output but are glass cannons.

OVERALL Panzerfüsiliers are the best due to 6 man squads and with vet great damage late game, also has a snare and nade. and with G43 upgrade, the have far vision and can still pick up a weapon.
4 Apr 2016, 14:51 PM

No such thing as "best" here.

They have fundamentally different playstyles and uses.

All of them excel in different situations and depend exclusively on playstyle and use.
4 Apr 2016, 14:54 PM

They all have their pros and cons like any unit though IMO Fusies are probably the best all-rounder unit due to their durability, damage with G43 upgrade and vet, and all around utility (snare + flares). Of the 3 Fusies are the best "Volks" replacements if you were to spam any of the 3.

Falls probably have the best raw firepower and wipe potential (infiltration and their DPS profile is good at all ranges). Faust is also a better snare. Downsides are they are a bit more MP bleed heavy and 4 man squads. MG34 in commander is a plus too.

Jaegers benefit from being in the arguably most rounded commander of the 3 and are beasts with vet but they get shredded at close range and are more support infantry that rely on screening units while they snipe models.
4 Apr 2016, 15:00 PM

OVERALL Panzerfüsiliers are the best due to 6 man squads and with vet great damage late game, also has a snare and nade. and with G43 upgrade, the have far vision and can still pick up a weapon.

Great additional points. The vision range on upgraded Fusies is amazing and the extra recon it gives you can be a lifesaver to see possibly devastating flanks ahead of time. Playing against a SU player who spams Guards can get pretty lulz worthy if they go all weapons pinata on you and you start picking up DPs and PTRSs - they basically become walking 6 man squad arsenals.
4 Apr 2016, 15:06 PM

You need to change you title bc you will confuse people, the best overall infantry for OKW is different than pure damage output. Two different answers for that.

Falls are 100% best pure damage output but are glass cannons.

I didn´t make a poll about the best dps on a squad as that is not open for an opinion. You posted that the highest dps is on Fallschirmjägers. Thanks for that.

The poll is about the best infantry for cost. That´s something people can have an opinion about.
4 Apr 2016, 15:26 PM

Permanently Banned
In large team games with lots of artillery and such having powerful 6 man squads is very helpful and lets you easily recrew weapons. I think Fallshimjaegers tend to be better in smaller maps and 1v1s with lots of buildings they can spawn out of.
4 Apr 2016, 16:00 PM
Donator 22

I voted for Panzerfüsiliere. Much more sight(with the G43) for spotting, grenades & AT nades. They are my favorite call in inf :)
And of course sprint with vet5 :D
4 Apr 2016, 16:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I didn´t make a poll about the best dps on a squad as that is not open for an opinion. You posted that the highest dps is on Fallschirmjägers. Thanks for that.

The poll is about the best infantry for cost. That´s something people can have an opinion about.

Depends on game-modes as you have completely different needs on 1v1 as oppose to 4v4.

1v1: JLI > Falls >= PF
Teamgames: PF > JLI >= Falls

Falls main issue is hugging too close together.
4 Apr 2016, 16:22 PM

Falls are excellent units but come in a doctrine with no real lategame potential, which really kinda hampers their overall utility.
4 Apr 2016, 16:27 PM

By pure anti infantry damage output on all ranges, what is the best squad? If I want to kill infantry fast, what infantry squad is the best to call in?

Ummmm yes you did ask about damage output (DPS) on a squad.

You're asking multiple different questions.

Falls kill infantry the "best" and fastest but not cost effective.

Panzerfüsiliers do not kill as fast as falls BUT the are extremely cost effective at what they do PLUS the utility of them.
4 Apr 2016, 18:12 PM

For the cost I'd say PFs, combined with the Jagdtiger, all I need is a default MG34 and I'm good to go with this doc to be honest. All that ever held me from using it is that I'm left without an MG, and that's mostly why I almost always go with Fortifications, Luftwaffe only on city maps on which I know I will have the advantage of using the Falls, other than that, no.
4 Apr 2016, 21:52 PM

Panzerfüs are borderline too good for their cost.
4 Apr 2016, 22:04 PM

Jagers are stronger than Panzerfusiliers with veterancy and have more abilities. Both units are pretty decent mind you.

Not a huge fan of Fallschirmjagers as I find they bleed manpower a lot.
4 Apr 2016, 22:28 PM

falls do it for me
the utility and raw power just get my penis hard if you know what i mean

they have superb damage at all ranges
camo with vet
passive healing with vet
anti shock/ ranger smoke
deploy from buildings
faust

in a commander with an MG (garbage mg, but still there if needed)
AND
can call in for munitions!!!!
you can have 2 fall squads attacking from behind the enemy in no time at all on some maps
LOVE EM
4 Apr 2016, 22:44 PM
Donator 11

Pfusis have always been the best. They are like riflemen but better in every way. Problem is that there is not much more the commander has to offer. Unless you are in 4v4 and need jagdtiger ofc.
5 Apr 2016, 06:33 AM

Fusiliers.

But my heart belongs to Fallsch.
5 Apr 2016, 07:02 AM

Panzerfussiliers are probably the best infantry unit in the whole game.
5 Apr 2016, 07:26 AM

I am a big fan of Jaeger lights. They are so good in garrison. They also have sprint and infiltration nades with the doctrine.
5 Apr 2016, 07:27 AM

falls, they have the best sounding weapon and are simply badass, and that is what matters.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★