Login

russian armor

British command vehicle maphack

18 Mar 2016, 18:38 PM

Why this bullpudding is still in the game? I cannot even describe how unbalanced it is.
18 Mar 2016, 18:49 PM

Have you ever tried 222s with Spotting Scopes before?
18 Mar 2016, 18:56 PM

Have you ever tried 222s with Spotting Scopes before?

222 with a scope is good, but you it's not even close to the OPness of command vehicle. You have to get 222 to vet 2 and he has line of sight. And commanders with scopes are kinda crappy anyways.
18 Mar 2016, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 18:56 PMSlyzor

222 with a scope is good, but you it's not even close to the OPness of command vehicle. You have to get 222 to vet 2 and he has line of sight. And commanders with scopes are kinda crappy anyways.

My allies Artillery says hello, so does my Elephant and when I can see from hill to hill in Steppes (across the middle) I can see almost any flank or push coming - another if I put one on the Island.
18 Mar 2016, 19:05 PM

F R E E S Q U A D S *ahem* Sorry. F R E E R E C O N
18 Mar 2016, 19:08 PM

My allies Artillery says hello, so does my Elephant and when I can see from hill to hill in Steppes (across the middle) I can see almost any flank or push coming - another if I put one on the Island.

I play only 1v1 so I'm not sure what are you talking about. In 1v1 Elephant and lefh are kinda whatever.
18 Mar 2016, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 18:38 PMSlyzor
Why this bullpudding is still in the game? I cannot even describe how unbalanced it is.

Why is Uhu still in game?

Same reason.

Also, get 2x 222 or OKW AA HT, planes won't last 10 seconds.
18 Mar 2016, 19:14 PM
Senior Referee Badge

One vet 2 Scout Car (which you have in 5 min if you micro it good) and there you go the plane is down, it works :)
18 Mar 2016, 19:40 PM

I don't see what the big deal is:

1. The user has to pay munitions to upgrade the vehicle to a command vehicle = not free

2. Command vehicles stats are crippled and slow making it easy to kill = yet another cost.

3. Often use on cheap vehicles like UC or aec, which are very easy to destroy.

4. The recon shows you the exact location of the command vehicle, once again aiding your ability to destroy it.

5. AA units will shoot it down pretty fast even if you can't kill the command vehicle, limiting the effect of the ability.

Seems like there is plenty of cost and counterplay even if the ability itself is free.
18 Mar 2016, 19:49 PM

I don't see what the big deal is:

1. The user has to pay munitions to upgrade the vehicle to a command vehicle = not free

2. Command vehicles stats are crippled and slow making it easy to kill = yet another cost.

3. Often use on cheap vehicles like UC or aec, which are very easy to destroy.

4. The recon shows you the exact location of the command vehicle, once again aiding your ability to destroy it.

5. AA units will shoot it down pretty fast even if you can't kill the command vehicle, limiting the effect of the ability.

Seems like there is plenty of cost and counterplay even if the ability itself is free.

Players usually protect command vehicle and you don't even it need to stay on the battlefield. Just call a plane and back off. I don't want to build ostwind just because my opponent payed some munis and 222s are kinda expendable and once you lose them you don't rebuild them.
18 Mar 2016, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 19:49 PMSlyzor
I don't want to build ostwind just because my opponent payed some munis and 222s are kinda expendable and once you lose them you don't rebuild them.

so you don't want to counter it.

Not a question. That is literally what you are saying.
18 Mar 2016, 20:19 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 19:49 PMSlyzor

Players usually protect command vehicle and you don't even it need to stay on the battlefield. Just call a plane and back off. I don't want to build ostwind just because my opponent payed some munis and 222s are kinda expendable and once you lose them you don't rebuild them.

You shouldn't lose your 222 ;)
18 Mar 2016, 20:21 PM

I agree 110%. I just can't understand how they put this into the game and thought it's good. Let's think about it for a few seconds.

RTS as a genre (especially CoH2) is about positioning your units, predicting your opponent's next move and thinking about how to react to it, how to set up your defenses and how to time and plan your pushes. By giving a free, practically constant recon run that reveals your opponent's every move you know where all of his units are all the time. I know, there are other recon runs in the game but they at least aren't free and they have a very limited duration.

This ability gives the player a really unfair advantage and kind of dummifies the game, makes it too easy when you can just spam the recon run over and over and over. RTS game developers should know this is one of the most stupid things you could do. Imagine if there was a similar ability in SC2 for example, practically constant vision to your opponent's base and units for free.
18 Mar 2016, 20:28 PM

You shouldn't lose your 222 ;)

It is just how it goes. 222 is good but still it is a scout car that you can lose really quickly. And having 222 just on the plane destroying duty is kinda lame.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 20:15 PMGrim

so you don't want to counter it.

Not a question. That is literally what you are saying.

I don't want to build a queen just to counter a pawn.
18 Mar 2016, 20:45 PM

222 with scopes even at vet 0 gives huge LOS range. On open mps 222 is better, on close quarters with lots of shot blockers command vehicle is better.

Also, 222 counters command vehicle recon.
18 Mar 2016, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 20:28 PMSlyzor

It is just how it goes. 222 is good but still it is a scout car that you can lose really quickly. And having 222 just on the plane destroying duty is kinda lame.

So... by extension of your logic a UC (typical Command Vehicle) is "only a scout car that you can lose really quickly" So what's the issue? UC has even worse survivability - its pretty damn easy to just dive a 222 after it. If you lose the 222 then its pretty much an even trade (60 muni for 15 fuel). If the other player is protecting his slow-ass UC so well that you can't kill it then you are just getting out played.
18 Mar 2016, 21:24 PM

It would be fine if it were a free recon Strafe not a loiter. Makes sniper war 100% in favour of brits

Btw: vrroooooom vrroooooom
18 Mar 2016, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 20:28 PMSlyzor

I don't want to build a queen just to counter a pawn.

this is like.. the worst analogy ever.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS