Login

russian armor

Lend an ear please.

17 Mar 2016, 09:23 AM

I'll keep this short and simple. The USF has a bug that has not been addressed and has seemingly slipped under the radar. The MP exploit. You can ungarrison tanks freeing up room for more tanks. I.e. Been playing a lot of 2v2 lately and had a game where 5-6 Sherman's rushed my position in front of a well stocked infantry army... This is game breaking. I manAged to win the engagement thanks to tellars that actually exploded (sometimes they don't but that's another bug). Will this be fixed? I know USF suffers late game but this CANT be working as intended right?
17 Mar 2016, 09:28 AM

It's working as intended as according to Brad.

That's about 5-6 Sherman (variation unknown) that is at least 800 fuel. I prefer not to inquire what you were doing with your own resources.
17 Mar 2016, 09:31 AM

Was a 2v2 stalemate. Both fighting for a vp for a while. I had a pop cap so I could not field as many panthers.
17 Mar 2016, 09:37 AM

Allies usually do not stalemate in 2on2, as it increases the Axis winning chances. Additionally, Axis have the better AT, despite the popcap difference. The game is not just about fielding as many Panthers as you can! (Despite this being a generally accepted approach for many)

I suppose you need to accept to yourself that you've been outplayed.
17 Mar 2016, 09:38 AM

It's intended as mentioned by Relic. It's absolutely stupid in my opinion, but the fact why only one faction is able to have functioning vehicle crews is also behind my understanding...
17 Mar 2016, 09:40 AM

Was with brits and Americans. AT doesn't matter when you get rushed by 5 tanks. P.s won the game. You are just dodging the actual issue. But I guess if it's working as intended then it stays in. Just a little exploit in my eyes.
17 Mar 2016, 09:42 AM

Asymmetric balance highfive? Lol the vehicle crew don't mind. Getting swarmed by 20 m10s crushing all infantry I do mind.
17 Mar 2016, 13:59 PM

The American faction vehicle crew, decrew pop exploit, is apparently a strategy according to Relic. In some ways they agreed this is not functioning correctly by removing crews on some vehicles (Pershing, Calliope). Vehicle crews are, in my opinion not for COH2. The ability to screw with targeting simply by clicking the exit button, and the silliness of USF requiring whole squads to capture abandoned vehicles is silly. It also causes mines to be less effective than they should be because of insta crit repair.

One last gripe, the T button is used as the exit button, but is also the retreat button. Lost games because of this.
17 Mar 2016, 14:25 PM

The game is not just about fielding as many Panthers as you can!

you just disillusioned 90% of all coh1 and coh2 players
17 Mar 2016, 14:39 PM

Edited away for slight miscommunication of my part.
17 Mar 2016, 14:43 PM

Asymmetric balance highfive? Lol the vehicle crew don't mind. Getting swarmed by 20 m10s crushing all infantry I do mind.

I know it's an annoying thing to say, but if you have 6 shermans swarming you, you have clearly done something wrong.
You haven't pushed for a while (otherwise they would throw in their tanks), you haven't recon'd (as you would have notice they are building up their tanks).

IF one USF has 5 shermans, you really need to have a look what happened BEFORE the 5 shermans came out.
17 Mar 2016, 14:48 PM

Nobody really actually uses vehicle crews for anything other than repairing. It was a dumb concept in the first place to be able to decrew your vehicle's lol.

They should've just given USF vehicles self repairing abilities.
17 Mar 2016, 14:49 PM

The American faction vehicle crew, decrew pop exploit, is apparently a strategy according to Relic. In some ways they agreed this is not functioning correctly by removing crews on some vehicles (Pershing, Calliope). Vehicle crews are, in my opinion not for COH2. The ability to screw with targeting simply by clicking the exit button, and the silliness of USF requiring

One last gripe, the T button is used as the exit button, but is also the retreat button. Lost games because of this.

I think that the tank swarm mechanic could have a place, but it should be a more of a soviet thing.

Yeah, that retreat/abandon dual function is *really* *really* stupid. God help you if you accidentally catch one of your vehicle crew when you were boxing up a rifle for a retreat. Or if you accidentally catch the Sherman when you were trying to retreat an accompanying rifle out of suppression.
17 Mar 2016, 14:50 PM

lets do sum math k?

6 shermans= 880 fuel

average 2v2 stalemate = 1 fuel point each + about 2 fuel caches. should be about 35 fuel a minute (And this is a generous estimation, especially for a late game allied team)

880/35= 25 minutes of fuel floating

lets go 50, shall we?

880/50= 17.6 minutes of fuel floating

in the amount of time they were floating, you could have fielded any one of these:

-4 panthers
-5 P4s
-about 8-10 STUGS
-about 6 PAK40s
-70 222 scout cars (HEH)

So I must say

gg no re
17 Mar 2016, 14:55 PM
Donator 11

It is not true that this approach has no disadvantages. The moment he decides to go even one over popcap he looses ability to reinforce squads. If you keep pushing his tanks all over the map so he doesnt have time to go out and reinforce his squads in base he will end up with many pop expensive 1-2 model squads in his base that he cannot reinforce as most squads have more squad pop than model pop times model count value. That means he completely looses ability to use infantry and so taking points and killing your AT guns. Even in 2v2 that will mean that one of axis players can completely orientate himself on AT while the other will keep fighting british infantry. So in my opinion it is a double egded sword.

Also mind that mines do wonders against tank swarm. The more tanks are attacking the bigger the chance that one of them hits a mine. Many usf tanks die to one teller too.

And last but not the least the fact that you managed to wins should tell you that its in fact ballanced, just beyond your understending in depth.
17 Mar 2016, 15:10 PM

Firstly the Pershing is not decrewable because otherwise you could call multiple in (as the game will never have a way of knowing wether its decrewed by USF choice and sitting somewhere safe or abandoned in the middle of a war-zone) so as to prevent abusing the single heavy limit.

Calliope is not decrewable because of manpower income abuse. A calliopes value is its barrage, it is effectively worthless when recharging since it has no gun so decrewing whilst cooldown continues is pure abuse. You can decrew random tanks if you want to get more manpower, but a decrewed tank cannot move or fight so is not contributing anyway whilst you are receiving a tiny bit more manpower.

Stalling out at 100 pop for any amount of time is massive hint that you are a noob playing in noob games tbh, allies never want to stall for 100 pop as quite frankly they get ruined in 100 pop v 100 pop axis. Sure you can overpop as americans but this is only good for one big push where you either plan to win or at least grind both sides armies down as as someone pointed out the moment you are over 100 pop you cannot reinforce your wounded infantry without uncrewing all your vehicles all over the map every time which would obviously end in disaster and is hugely micro heavy.

And who loses to a 5-6 sherman push? Shermans are absolutely garbage lategame lol, will get absolutely ruined by any and all axis heavy armour especially with any mines on the field. They even have to toggle between AI and AT shells so they CANNOT be simultaneously killing your handheld AT/AT guns and heavy tanks.
17 Mar 2016, 15:13 PM

Its actually a feature on the game, thats were getting tanktraps is usefull so you dont get transformet into a creppe
17 Mar 2016, 17:22 PM

And who loses to a 5-6 sherman push? Shermans are absolutely garbage lategame lol, will get absolutely ruined by any and all axis heavy armour especially with any mines on the field. They even have to toggle between AI and AT shells so they CANNOT be simultaneously killing your handheld AT/AT guns and heavy tanks.

just wanting to have exact information on this.

ive read somewhere ( cruzz? someone with knowledge it was) that the sherman AP shell is as effective as the normal shells of other tanks (p4) and He only boosts your AI power, so there is no drawback staying on AP shell.

can someone confirm/deny?
17 Mar 2016, 17:27 PM

Had no idea that was working as intended. Crazy. Alright well guess now I just need tellar mines to work properly and it won't be a problem.
17 Mar 2016, 21:25 PM

just wanting to have exact information on this.

ive read somewhere ( cruzz? someone with knowledge it was) that the sherman AP shell is as effective as the normal shells of other tanks (p4) and He only boosts your AI power, so there is no drawback staying on AP shell.

can someone confirm/deny?

AP rounds is just a general shell. It works against everything. HE just increases AoE but significantly reduces penetration. It's better to stay in AP in general.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 53
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment