Login

russian armor

Reverse hotkey (U key)

27 Mar 2016, 12:13 PM

i use WASD to scroll and all the keys around.

with GridKeys, you have to switch sides of the keyboard, don't you? that's very awkwar imo

I use other the other methods to move my screen around. Mostly mini map clicking and middle mouse + drag, and sometimes simply panning the screen over by moving the mouse to the side.
27 Mar 2016, 12:21 PM

As for the moving around the map, I use group control.

All my units are attached to some numbers and double click on a right number is in my opinion the fastest method to move around the map.
27 Mar 2016, 12:30 PM

i use WASD to scroll and all the keys around.

with GridKeys, you have to switch sides of the keyboard, don't you? that's very awkwar imo

WASD doesn't work for me for scrolling. With units selected, S stands for 'Stop', A for 'Attack' etc. With no units selected nothing happens.

Do you have to activate this behaviour somewhere from the Options, or have you set up any nifty macro or something? That would really help. Thanks!
27 Mar 2016, 12:57 PM

WASD doesn't work for me for scrolling. With units selected, S stands for 'Stop', A for 'Attack' etc. With no units selected nothing happens.

Do you have to activate this behaviour somewhere from the Options, or have you set up any nifty macro or something? That would really help. Thanks!

i use autohotkey and assigned manually
27 Mar 2016, 15:05 PM

Relic's unable to customize hotkey design is fine for me since DoW1, but what I detest is the U key for reverse. I never misclick any button so many times like this one.

The fact is U hotkey is on main keyboard, which mean the left hand is reachable. However, the keyboard pattern is unrecognizable unless you look at your keyboard and press it.

The tactical map hotkey is easier to press, at least because since coh1, it sits alone in most ample position.
27 Mar 2016, 23:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I switched to grid keys after about 750 hours. Very worthwhile, especially with things like USF smoke grenades (which are on m or n)
28 Mar 2016, 06:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2016, 08:09 AMvarunax

Relic hard coded the key bindings into the game which is why nobody can set custom bindings and they likely won't/can't change this in the future or it may screw the game up unintentionally. I don't really understand why they didn't allow custom key bindings in the first place because hard coded key bindings is amateur level programming.

I understand that, but I'm not even asking for fully customizable keybinds (not that it wouldn't be nice); I'd just like to see one of the most used and universally useful commands not be on the side of the keyboard your hand isn't. It's just ridiculous.
28 Mar 2016, 06:33 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Excuse me, but this has annoying me since the game went live. The hotkey for Reverse command is currently put on extremely terrible position, U key. Many times I lost my atguns and vehicles in action because my left hand couldn't reach U key.

While I'm not hoping for hotkey rebinding, could Relic please change the hotkey for Reverse command to R or T key please?

And no, please don't advice me using grid key. I can't get used to that.

Also, does anyone else have the same problem as me?

Did you try to use Autohotkey or have a keyboard which allows you to switch key setup of your keyboard through driver?

I fixed my issues with hotkeys like that
28 Mar 2016, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2016, 06:33 AMd0ggY

Did you try to use Autohotkey or have a keyboard which allows you to switch key setup of your keyboard through driver?

I fixed my issues with hotkeys like that

I already have solution for myself. But I still complain, because I pay for the game, not pay to annoy myself with downloading another third party program, even if it's free.

If Relic is fine with their customers using third party program, then they should add it along with their game. Otherwise, it's still their fault for putting such a bad key.
28 Mar 2016, 10:37 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I already have solution for myself. But I still complain, because I pay for the game, not pay to annoy myself with downloading another third party program, even if it's free.

If Relic is fine with their customers using third party program, then they should add it along with their game. Otherwise, it's still their fault for putting such a bad key.

I've said that to noun already, to cynthia and now to Kyle, but it seems they don't have teh ability to do this, unfortunately
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 67
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment