Login

russian armor

Panther Armour

9 Mar 2016, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 16:46 PMMyself

Both Cromwell and Comet mentioned have better speed than the Panther...

While that is true, neither of them is able to actually catch up to reversing panther.

Speed difference isn't significant enough if you don't use EWS.
9 Mar 2016, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 16:46 PMMyself

Both Cromwell and Comet mentioned have better speed than the Panther...Both Cromwell and Comet can keep up and flank a Panther....

lol assuming you catch them off guard again. i would like to see a panther and crom/comet face each other. obviously they have LoS so they can see and start the engagement. Start reversing panther front-facing and start chasing with crom/com. I can already tell the outcome of the engagement. Any questions?
9 Mar 2016, 17:01 PM

While that is true, neither of them is able to actually catch up to reversing panther.

Speed difference isn't significant enough if you don't use EWS.

whitesky00 wrote :
"haha, I don't think you can keep up with it or flank it unless enemy is AFK or just bad. "

"Keep up" not "catch up". Further more is unit A is faster than unit B unit A will eventually catch up what you right is inaccurate.

Finally since you brought EWS both Comet and Cromwell have an even bigger advantage because EWS does need vet 1 and gives better speed bonus than Blitzkrieg gives to Panther...

But you know all this so why post in the first place?
9 Mar 2016, 17:05 PM

lol assuming you catch them off guard again. i would like to see a panther and crom/comet face each other. obviously they have LoS so they can see and start the engagement. Start reversing panther front-facing and start chasing with crom/com. I can already tell the outcome of the engagement. Any questions?

You made a claim that vehicles like the Cromwell and Comet can not keep up with a Panther. That claim was inaccurate because both unit are faster than the Panther and both unit have access to EWS that make them even faster than Panther.

I do not understand what you claim is now....
9 Mar 2016, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 17:05 PMMyself

You made a claim that vehicles like the Cromwell and Comet can not keep up with a Panther. That claim was inaccurate because both unit are faster than the Panther and both unit have access to EWS that make them even faster than Panther.

I do not understand what you claim is now....

Fine on a NUMBER system, it will slowly catch up to the panther. Can you tell me if that unit will be alive or dead by the time that happens? EWS is only enabled with a further 200mp/50fuel upgrade which will be there for a comet but situational for when you get your cromwell. Again, prove YOUR point with a video that shows no blitz/no EWS, cromwell vs panther, comet vs panther being chased and winning the engagement. I will give my props to you. Otherwise, this debate is pointless.
9 Mar 2016, 17:36 PM

If i remember well it's the Jagdtiger sides which is buggy as hell, the 50/50 model between front and rear armor isn't the same as other tanks
9 Mar 2016, 17:42 PM

Fine on a NUMBER system, it will slowly catch up to the panther. Can you tell me if that unit will be alive or dead by the time that happens? EWS is only enabled with a further 200mp/50fuel upgrade which will be there for a comet but situational for when you get your cromwell. Again, prove YOUR point with a video that shows no blitz/no EWS, cromwell vs panther, comet vs panther being chased and winning the engagement. I will give my props to you. Otherwise, this debate is pointless.

Max Speed
Panther 6.6 for both Panthers
Comet 6.9
Cromwell 7.0
M36 6.5
Sherman 6.4

In other words a panther has 0.2 speed more than Sherman and 0.1 more speed than M36 and in you are eyes that is significant advantage. A Comet has 3 times the speed advantage Panther has over M36 and that small advantage, the Cromwell has 4 times that advantage and 2 times the Panther has over M4A3 and again you think it will only work in theory.

Why continue arguing something when you know that your claim "haha, I don't think you can keep up with it or flank it unless enemy is AFK or just bad. " is mistaken?

You want to compare Panther with Comet and Cromwell?

I personally prefer the Comet over the Panther and I also think that Cromwell is one of the most cost efficient units...

9 Mar 2016, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 17:42 PMMyself

Max Speed
Panther 6.6 for both Panthers
Comet 6.9
Cromwell 7.0
M36 6.5
Sherman 6.4

In other words a panther has 0.2 speed more than Sherman and 0.1 more speed than M36 and in you are eyes that is significant advantage. A Comet has 3 times the speed advantage Panther has over M36 and that small advantage, the Cromwell has 4 times that advantage and 2 times the Panther has over M4A3 and again you think it will only work in theory.

Why continue arguing something when you know that your claim "haha, I don't think you can keep up with it or flank it unless enemy is AFK or just bad. " is mistaken?

You want to compare Panther with Comet and Cromwell?

I personally prefer the Comet over the Panther and I also think that Cromwell is one of the most cost efficient units...

Play numbers all you want. Show me that a cromwell/comet chasing a panther can win. good day to you sir.
9 Mar 2016, 19:14 PM

Hey kiddo. He's being sarcastic.
What he really means is... have you tried flanking a panther? It's speed is good even with snare. Have you ever chased a panther in full reverse? haha, I don't think you can keep up with it or flank it unless enemy is AFK or just bad.

Also, why must you invest 3-4 tanks to counter 1? You know a good/decent player will have pak40 or shrek blob right behind it. Wipe, wipe, wipe. There goes your allied tanks.

Hey brah I was being serious sarcastic and panther is not a strong as you make it to be it has an enormous reload time limited range and yes it's fast but not as fast as Cromwell or Sherman and while it's true he could have scerk blob or pack you still have other unit too (count acceleration it's really important) and the turning (for crushing and drifting)
9 Mar 2016, 19:27 PM
Donator 11

Everybody who thinks that flanking is about attacking frontally and passing by enemy tank is just pathetic...

Why do we even discuss such a case? Defending tank will always have and edge if you attack it frontally, thats what it has its frontal armor for.
9 Mar 2016, 19:43 PM

Everybody who thinks that flanking is about attacking frontally and passing by enemy tank is just pathetic...

this

the max speed differences are meaningless

tulips not working on anything but flat terrain
smoke
blitz and sorts
AT backup

those things matter
9 Mar 2016, 19:50 PM

Ostheer Panther vs Comet, usually have Comet winning. But I never challenge my Panther 1v1 on Comet...
9 Mar 2016, 20:00 PM

Dude pather is ok just flank 110 side armor

LOL flank a panther with blitz, smoke and its high speed and maneuverability?

Besides MAYBE the Comet/Cromwell with war speed, there is not other allied tank that can flank a panther.
9 Mar 2016, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 19:50 PMThamor
Ostheer Panther vs Comet, usually have Comet winning. But I never challenge my Panther 1v1 on Comet...

unless any stats have changed.

someone tested this and the panther won 1v1 against a comet 8 times out of ten.
9 Mar 2016, 21:03 PM

Play numbers all you want. Show me that a cromwell/comet chasing a panther can win. good day to you sir.

You seem incapable of accepting that you have made a mistake by claiming that allied tank can not keep up with the Panther.

There are allied tanks/tank destroyers that are faster than the Panther...

Who wins 1vs1 is rather irrelevant. As I have explained I personally prefer the Comet over the Panther and find the Cromwell to be one of the most cost efficient medium tanks in game the game...Have a nice day also.

9 Mar 2016, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 20:15 PMGrim

Yes, they did. Unfortunately I can't find those videos to shutdown these ridiculous arguments about AI and AT capabilities of the comet vs panther.
9 Mar 2016, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 20:15 PMGrim

Well I have felt from my games I belong to that 2/10 times most of the time...my panther bounce he always pen my tank...so rather safe than sorry :)
9 Mar 2016, 22:10 PM

panther is dedicated tank hunter with mg become decent vs inf
comet is generalist will deal damage to armor and inf alike
stop doing comparison
hue hue my generalist lost to a tank hunter
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 17
Peru 8
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10