Login

russian armor

Snipers rate of fire with cover/no cover

21 Jan 2016, 10:17 AM

Hello Everybody!
Is there any diffrence between sniper rate of fire in cover and without cover? futhermore is there difrence beetween their cloak time/RoF in light/heavy cover? (or red cover) Anybody have some snipers stats with those values? Also i will be greatful for any tips how to use snipers properly
21 Jan 2016, 10:20 AM

No. Only vet and range affect RoF.
21 Jan 2016, 10:23 AM

these sort of thread are meant for ask the strategist section if I am no mistaken.

ROF as katitof responded.

Cloak is affected by cover. If I remember correctly the better the cover the faster the recloak and the also cloak when the move to better cover...
21 Jan 2016, 10:42 AM

The better the cover? There's only Green, Yellow and Red cover modifier in-game. There's no distinct differences if green cover comes from a car, or a wall, as long as they're both green.
21 Jan 2016, 10:49 AM

The better the cover? There's only Green, Yellow and Red cover modifier in-game. There's no distinct differences if green cover comes from a car, or a wall, as long as they're both green.

Actually there allot more types of terrain modifiers and cover modifiers than the once you mention.
There is also a "distinct difference" between yellow cover coming from a bush and crater.
On those you mentioned though:
green is "better" than then yellow cover which "better" than no cover which "better" then red cover...
21 Jan 2016, 10:53 AM

There's directional cover, and effect on how cover may impact LOS. Snipers don't care if cover is coming from a bush, crater, car or whatever. Cover may also not have effect on every squad-member, as individual models may not be in cover, but the icon shows the overall general status of a squad.

And yes, I did not want to explain basic cover systems, hence me using the term modifier. Duh.

Terrain modifier != Cover. They're different aspects of the game.
21 Jan 2016, 10:57 AM

And yes, I did not want to explain basic cover systems, hence me using the term modifier. Duh.
Terrain modifier != Cover. They're different aspects of the game.

I actually don't know what you want and what your point is, I have explained how I used the term "better" and how it affects snipers recloak...
I have also pointed out that there more terrain and cover modifiers than simply green, yellow, red...
Terrain modifier can affect weapon performance the same way cover does so they are much alike...
in addition there more type of cover than green yellow red...

I see little point in continuing this.

Have a nice day
21 Jan 2016, 10:58 AM

Aha, please elaborate on how "more terrain and cover modifier" have more effects on sniper combat behaviour (specifically shooting, cloak, as requested by OP) than just green, yellow, red and none?

Edit: Right, you decided to just negate any conversation than helping us with the discussion. Cheerio!
21 Jan 2016, 11:04 AM

Aha, please elaborate on how "more terrain and cover modifier" have more effects on sniper combat behaviour (specifically shooting, cloak, as requested by OP) than just green, yellow, red and none?

Since you asked in civilized manner and said "please"

there also these types of cover that do affect sniper combat behavior:
Garrison cover/ garrison halfturck/ smoke/trench/bunker/ emplacement to name few.

I don't really see anything helpful in the direction this debated is going but i might be wrong...
Now can we pls stop this?
21 Jan 2016, 11:08 AM

Gosh, do I have to bow and crawl here to get some knowledge and insights of the game from more experienced players? Just to fulfill your requests, here's me on my knees, with teary eyes, covered in mud, begging you, asking for exact details on how you believe the different covers, with focus on the variety that you believe (but green, yellow, red modifiers) exactly affect snipers' cloaking and ROF shooting.

21 Jan 2016, 11:13 AM

Gosh, do I have to bow and crawl here to get some knowledge and insights of the game from more experienced players? Just to fulfill your requests, here's me on my knees, with teary eyes, covered in mud, begging you, asking for exact details on how you believe the different covers exactly affect snipers' cloaking and ROF shooting.

These covers that you cited all fall under the same category of green, yellow, red and none.

As I suspected you are trying to start a knowledge contest, which I have no interest to participate...

The cover type I mentioned have absolutely nothing to do with green, yellow, non and red cover and are in completely different category because the use different mechanism and get completely different modifiers both in sniper and non sniper play.

Pls try to stay on topic.
21 Jan 2016, 11:14 AM

This is on topic! I do not WANT a knowledge contest, I want YOUR knowledge. Don't be vague or anything, just help us man. I get that you're the better player and do not want to help OP or me.

Gosh....
21 Jan 2016, 11:15 AM

This is on topic! I do not WANT a knowledge contest, I want YOUR knowledge.
Gosh....

My knowledge of the game is not part of the topic of this thread.
If you want "my knowledge" pls start another thread with a title "Myself's knowledge on game mechanics", will be more than glad to help you with anything I know...
Enough bb
21 Jan 2016, 11:17 AM

OK, go go go :)

Until you start that thread, feel free to add knowledge to this thread instead of just cherry picking around..
21 Jan 2016, 11:36 AM

As far as i know garrison cover is diffrent in sniper play then green cover cause sniper have only 50% chance to snipe model in garrison. So to be fair-yes there are more cover types than just green/yellow/red
21 Jan 2016, 11:38 AM

Why don't we stop this passive aggressive nonsense and focus on the topic.
21 Jan 2016, 14:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As far as i know garrison cover is diffrent in sniper play then green cover cause sniper have only 50% chance to snipe model in garrison. So to be fair-yes there are more cover types than just green/yellow/red

100% for UKF
80% for SU
66% for OH

Someone should made a test with vet vet4 Obers inside a house vs UKF sniper.
21 Jan 2016, 17:21 PM

Really? Didn't know that, i wasn't experimenting with other snipers :) How about chance of hiting retreating squads? Is it equal for all snipers? maybe you can give some numbers?
22 Jan 2016, 00:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Really? Didn't know that, i wasn't experimenting with other snipers :) How about chance of hiting retreating squads? Is it equal for all snipers? maybe you can give some numbers?

It should be equal. The difference against garrison comes from having different modifiers against it.
22 Jan 2016, 00:47 AM

♫ You used to call me on my cellular telephone ♫
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight