Login

russian armor

Calliope commander every single game

PAGES (11)down
22 Jan 2016, 18:28 PM

AT Guns don't tickle Panthers at all. Go and calculate the penetration chances of 57mm AT Gun, or even Riflemen AT Snare for maximum argumentation, as it was shown in the shoutbox at the time of writing this post.

ATGs and RF nades don't Peirce the FRONT of the panther. It does Peirce the sides and rear tho. If he's going in for your calliope, he'll have to drive past you and expose his sides and rear which is the perfect chances to snare him. I agree with Australian magic. ATG+RF stops panther. The only tanks it doesn't stop are tiger and KT but they're so slow you won't have a problem keeping your calliope away from them.

22 Jan 2016, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 16:07 PMPorygon

So this

?

= aggressive.

Looks like I really need to L2English. :hansGG:

Nope but "???" = aggressive for me but english is not my first language so im sorry if im not correct with it. ( I even wrote excessive use of..)
22 Jan 2016, 18:58 PM

=> There's no side armor in this game. It's either front, or back. And players generally don't attack with the back of their Panthers towards the front-lines, nor do they leave the back of their tank towards the AT.
22 Jan 2016, 19:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And players generally don't attack with the back of their Panthers towards the front-lines, nor do they leave the back of their tank towards the AT.

Pathing changes want to have a word or 2 with you :P
22 Jan 2016, 19:52 PM

Hahaha, that's true. But I say generally people don't. Pahtfinding can be tricky indeed.
*shakes fist angrily towards the pathfinder people at Relic*
22 Jan 2016, 22:09 PM

=> There's no side armor in this game. It's either front, or back. And players generally don't attack with the back of their Panthers towards the front-lines, nor do they leave the back of their tank towards the AT.

The rear half of the tank counts as rear armor though, so you'll have a fair chance to hit it when shooting at the side of a tank.
24 Jan 2016, 10:28 AM

Another day, another calliopes :foreveralone:

5 games yesterday with/agasint USF. Once USF did not hav mobile support. 4 of them had.

4/5 with mobile support.

What a diversity Relic!! Thank You! :foreveralone:
:brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad:
24 Jan 2016, 10:34 AM
Patrion 14

Yep give the other usf commanders a buff, and not nerf them too the ground !
24 Jan 2016, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2016, 10:34 AMoakdk
Yep give the other usf commanders a buff, and not nerf them too the ground !

But what's wrong with other commanders?
I mean, apart from recon and mechanized, you have really intersting options.
Infantry - mines, LMGs, Priest.
Rifle - Flamers for RE which means fast vet for them and cealing builings, flares, phosphorus, E8.
Airborne - P47 needs a buff. It's way worse than SCAS.
Armor - Assault Engis, M10, Bulldozer. Really good option when you are under pressure.
Cavalry - Rangers, Pershing, insta smoke.

All of them are useful but mobile support is just superior to anyother.
24 Jan 2016, 11:34 AM

Permanently Banned
If you meet me and game i dont have this doc, so lets matchmaking help MVGame.
24 Jan 2016, 23:41 PM

Another day, another calliopes :foreveralone:

5 games yesterday with/agasint USF. Once USF did not hav mobile support. 4 of them had.

4/5 with mobile support.

What a diversity Relic!! Thank You! :foreveralone:
:brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad::brad:

Yesterday, all my friends who play USF decide not to use Calliope.

And you know what?

25 Jan 2016, 08:46 AM

But what's wrong with other commanders?
I mean, apart from recon and mechanized, you have really intersting options.
Infantry - mines, LMGs, Priest.
Rifle - Flamers for RE which means fast vet for them and cealing builings, flares, phosphorus, E8.
Airborne - P47 needs a buff. It's way worse than SCAS.
Armor - Assault Engis, M10, Bulldozer. Really good option when you are under pressure.
Cavalry - Rangers, Pershing, insta smoke.

All of them are useful but mobile support is just superior to anyother.

None of them is useful vs blobs. Calliope is.
25 Jan 2016, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 08:46 AMEsxile

None of them is useful vs blobs. Calliope is.

And it should be.

But not by combining so much cheesy stuff into one commander.
Double LMG, Quad (borderline with the low CP cost) and Callie.

Especially with the Callie not only harming, but completely annihilating blobs and, that's the bad part, single squads and weapon teams as well. Oh, and OKW trucks.

Reduce AOE, stop cooldown when disembarked and lower damage against structures.
Bring Callie and PW in line with Katy.

25 Jan 2016, 09:48 AM

When OST and OKW has had undoctorinal rocket artillery for months, it's OK and L2P when facing it - when USF get CP10 doctorinal rocket artillery (for 140 fuel), it's OP and everything has to be scaled down to Katy levels (but Stuka for reasons..).

Kind of double standards. It needs a distinct sound effect similar to Stuka.

One could easily replace the Calli with Pwerfer/Stuka/AirStrike and the target with any Allies retreat point. I play OKW, and I often get moments similar to these with random 2on2 blobbers. They end up ragequitting because their a-move blob fails..
25 Jan 2016, 09:53 AM

Panzerwerfer had it's useless times as well. Since it's buff last year there have been a lot a complaints about it. Still are.

So it's not just the Callie. PW should also be toned down.
Katy seems to be well balanced right now. Annoying like any other arty, good enough damage and AOE to punish blobs and enough spread and rockets to deny areas.

Stuka is quite powerfull, but just as easily dodged.
25 Jan 2016, 09:55 AM

Katy is generally perceived as "well balanced", because blobs can stand in the bombarded zone, and not even care.

Panzerwerfer had it's useless times as well. Since it's buff last year there have been a lot a complaints about it. Still are. Stuka is quite powerfull, but just as easily dodged.

And Allies adapted. I recall reading lots of complains late last year, and all was posted were comments along the lines of "don't blob, l2p, noob".

Personal note: I prefer facing Callips, than M10s rushing towards my infantry to get road kills, just to have blobs of these killing my trucks, tanks, and everything
25 Jan 2016, 09:58 AM

They do care. And imo rocket arty should not be the only tool to keep blobs at bay, but mixed with you own infanry, support weapons and vehicles to mop up the rest.

And so what. People posted l2p and noob stuff. Does not make it any less wrong.
Also, this is not just about the Calliope itself, but the whole doctrine.
25 Jan 2016, 10:01 AM

I play OKW, and I mostly ignore Katy. There's too much time between the salvos to have it any kind of thread. The first four rockets arrive, mostly miss, i gently, without any panic, continue my own business. At that point I also get told that opponent went T4, and spent lots of fuel to get that Katy out, and probably got nothing to defend it. I am not sure one can really defend Katy being a good late game T4 unit, it's all shoddy, like most SOV T4 things.
25 Jan 2016, 10:05 AM

So you do not have problems against Katyushas. So then you're either a blobber who thinks it is underpowered or you simply do not blob enough.

As OKW you're also not as dependent on team weapons, making your army a lot more mobile.

No rocket arty should be a wipe machine. None. And at the moment the Calliope it the worst offender, followed by the Panzerwerfer.
25 Jan 2016, 10:12 AM

Stuka is a wipe machine too, especially against team weapons, I often get one against heavy maxim/ZiS players, only to move in and salvage everything.

I do not blob; the game is meant to punish blobbers, and I'm glad Allies now got a toy to punish lazy blob players too. That mass retreat video posted above shows a blobber, that gets punished for:

*Blobbing
*Mass retreat (instead of just dodging the air strike)
*Telling opponent a mass retreat occurred, right in front of their eyes.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS