Login

russian armor

Sightrange of bunkers

13 Jan 2016, 22:17 PM

Wehrmacht bunker sight is extremely high. The base buildings still have old short sight range while a built bunker with upgraded MG will be able to see further than it is able to shoot.

This is a base bunker:

Here's a built bunker:

13 Jan 2016, 22:25 PM
Donator 11

There was a similar thread created 6 hours ago, and you even take part in it, why spam the forums with new one?
13 Jan 2016, 22:29 PM

There was a similar thread created 6 hours ago, and you even take part in it, why spam the forums with new one?

Because this is the section for bugs and not for balance, unless it's not a bug but a feature... I highly doubt that though.
nee
13 Jan 2016, 22:48 PM

I think it is justified, seeing as it's immobile, so it's hardly a form of scouting role.

Mortars and AT guns can still outrange it, and of course the MG doesn't fire until a target is withing firing range.

Hell I didn't even notice, because 100% of the time I go MG upgrade, it's for the MG. I'll still bring a squad or a 222 out for actual scouting.

From looks of the screenshot the increased sight range seems to be doubled.
13 Jan 2016, 22:58 PM

+1 relic pls fix
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 13 Jan 2016, 23:44 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Wehrmacht bunker sight is extremely high. The base buildings still have old short sight range while a built bunker with upgraded MG will be able to see further than it is able to shoot.

This is a base bunker:

Here's a built bunker:

Base Bunkers are supposed to have a shorter sight range. Thanks
14 Jan 2016, 03:46 AM
Patrion 28

Base Bunkers are supposed to have a shorter sight range. Thanks

but non-base bunkers also used to have a shorter sight range and there wasn't anything i remember from patch notes. it's also stupid from a balance point of view given that standard MGs can shoot further than they can see.
14 Jan 2016, 07:09 AM

buildings built in cheat mode with instant production seem to have strange properties so it might be a bug of the mode. Try it also in game...
14 Jan 2016, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 07:09 AMMyself
buildings built in cheat mode with instant production seem to have strange properties so it might be a bug of the mode. Try it also in game...

I was aware of that when I tried it.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 14 Jan 2016, 18:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

but non-base bunkers also used to have a shorter sight range and there wasn't anything i remember from patch notes. it's also stupid from a balance point of view given that standard MGs can shoot further than they can see.

I'll try to explain a bit more:
1) Map Designers didn't want Base Bunkers to cover too farr outside the HQ territory
2) I couldn't find any changes to the MG on Bunkers
3) There is another UI Firing Arc Issue. UI is drawn from the center of the building and not the HMG itself.

Hope this helps
14 Jan 2016, 18:46 PM

I'll try to explain a bit more:
1) Map Designers didn't want Base Bunkers to cover too farr outside the HQ territory
3) There is another UI Firing Arc Issue. UI is drawn from the center of the building and not the HMG itself.

Hope this helps

But why did you change the sight range of bunkers with MGs to 60? I´m 100% sure they used to have the range of current base bunkers until not long ago and I´m actually quite confident that this was never mentioned in the patchnotes.
14 Jan 2016, 18:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Since i can't access find the changelogs since the official forums are down, i'm 95% sure there were some changes to bunkers LoS when the HP of them were changed.
It's probably what is has been mentioned before: LoS is only gained when upgraded with the MG.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★