Login

russian armor

I need someone to script this for all our sakes

11 Jan 2016, 23:22 PM

Would it be possible to script an AI for CoH 2 that plays in automatch vs other players? It doesn't have to be good and it could use the game's Hard AI as a basis, but my point is (for the "luls") I'd love to see how far a game spamming AI could make it on the ladder, say as only OKW.

This is only half serious but if it's possible... :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
11 Jan 2016, 23:29 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 23:22 PMSwift
Would it be possible to script an AI for CoH 2 that plays in automatch vs other players? It doesn't have to be good and it could use the game's Hard AI as a basis, but my point is (for the "luls") I'd love to see how far a game spamming AI could make it on the ladder, say as only OKW.

This is only half serious but if it's possible... :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

As far as I'm concerned unless you take working coh2 hack as a code base it would be faster to write down your own AI based on the input the player gets than digging in coh2 code trying to make it work.

But ofc there can be a trivial solution for this problem that I didn't come up with.
11 Jan 2016, 23:37 PM

As far as I'm concerned unless you take working coh2 hack as a code base it would be faster to write down your own AI based on the input the player gets than digging in coh2 code trying to make it work.

But ofc there can be a trivial solution for this problem that I didn't come up with.

Pfft, you think I'm brainy enough to know anything. Please, I'm just a pretty face. It would be hilarious if this is possible.
12 Jan 2016, 05:57 AM

We could just make a Soviet AI which spams maxims and make it play 4v4 :snfPeter:
12 Jan 2016, 06:44 AM
Donator 11

It would be interesting, if someone could make a "Deep Blue" for 1vs1 automatches or one "Deep Blue" for every faction in 1vs1, and improve them continually. Just to see how high they could reach on the ladders.

At least the playerbase would be bigger. 5 new competitive players.
12 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM

It would be interesting, if someone could make a "Deep Blue" for 1vs1 automatches or one "Deep Blue" for every faction in 1vs1, and improve them continually. Just to see how high they could reach on the ladders.

At least the playerbase would be bigger. 5 new competitive players.

Haha, five new players... that aren't even real.

I reckon it could get to the top 200 just by game spamming. What I mean by game spamming is constantly searching 24/7 and playing every game it gets. The best would be if it got casted by someone who didn't know it was a bot.
12 Jan 2016, 09:17 AM

If is possible, then of course this is possible! :D

Side note, played Brood War 1920x1080, it's incredibly silly, and much easier~
12 Jan 2016, 09:18 AM

Hard an expert AI are "good" because it cheats in resources, this is not possible in automatch so AI kubelspam will actually be easy to beat even by lowlevel players. I dont think AI will reach top 200.
12 Jan 2016, 09:22 AM

The idea is you script it to execute moves pulled off by pro players and whilst predictable to a degree, it could probably be programmed to dodge grenades every time, just obviously not mines because it can't see them.
12 Jan 2016, 10:28 AM

I have a simple solution for you play with friend that picks okw and have him drop in every game..
12 Jan 2016, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 10:28 AMVipper
I have a simple solution for you play with friend that picks okw and have him drop in every game..

But that's not the point of this, I need a self-sufficent AI that can play without being babysat: Itbfinds it's own games, it makes it's own builds, it doesn't need a teammate to carry etc.
12 Jan 2016, 10:37 AM
Patrion 14

Sounds what you want is pretty advanced :p Would be cool indeed to see how far it gets in the leaderboards. Sounds interesting actually, I wonder how you can script your own AI.
12 Jan 2016, 10:39 AM

My point is that if AI loses in 2vs2 it will also probably lose in 1vs1..
12 Jan 2016, 10:51 AM

Oh most likely, I am sure it will get mostly losses but if it spams enough games then it might slowly rise to the top. It may have uber micro but it will never be intuitive.
12 Jan 2016, 11:03 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 10:51 AMSwift
Oh most likely, I am sure it will get mostly losses but if it spams enough games then it might slowly rise to the top. It may have uber micro but it will never be intuitive.

The person who makes this AI (or AIs), should improve the AI continually, so that it becomes better and better. It would be very interesting to see how good this AI can become.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★