Login

russian armor

Dive Bomb + Jt/Ele

7 Jan 2016, 20:07 PM

Let's assume you are correct. If the commander is not working well in 1v1's then it should likely be rebalanced anyway (assuming we balance for 1v1's), or it should be modified for larger team games because it tends to only see play there, and so changes have no effect on the precious 1v1 balance. Saying larger team games can't be balanced is nonsense since last patch we almost had a balanced 3v3 and 4v4 scene, literally less than one month ago.

In team games having an elephant and a stuka dive bomb is relatively easy, and causes games to end as you German steam roll the Allies off the map. The commander should be rebalanced, and I am all in favor of making it more attractive for smaller game modes, and improving its counterplay in larger game modes.

I have played the doctrine multiple times, and I usually don't have munitions stored up my rear that I can pull out and bomb the enemy into submission. The elefant comes LATE, and being expensive, slow, and lacking AI, it leaves the player requiring a strong infantry or much support from the teamate, which is where team play comes into effect. I'm with you balancing 2 vs 2 and above, but is this really the way? Is this Ostheer doctrine an issue? I think otherwise.
7 Jan 2016, 21:17 PM

I have played the doctrine multiple times, and I usually don't have munitions stored up my rear that I can pull out and bomb the enemy into submission. The elefant comes LATE, and being expensive, slow, and lacking AI, it leaves the player requiring a strong infantry or much support from the teamate, which is where team play comes into effect. I'm with you balancing 2 vs 2 and above, but is this really the way? Is this Ostheer doctrine an issue? I think otherwise.

i feel like it's more of a game issue. THere aren't that many non-doc units and many abilities and units are looked behind commanders.
8 Jan 2016, 00:47 AM

i feel like it's more of a game issue. THere aren't that many non-doc units and many abilities and units are looked behind commanders.

Well yeah, the game is built around supplementing your army through commanders. I don't understand your point however, what do you mean "game issue"? Aren't all issues we have as a base related to the game, therefore all issues are "game issues".
8 Jan 2016, 01:01 AM
Donator 11

1. Has been fine since 2013

2. leave it alone

3. don't fix what is not broken

4. don't play teamgames if you're concerned about balance

5. next thread

1. Has been complained about since 2013. Especially in ISU/B4 vs. Elefant days, CAS days, and presently. Relic ninja buffed the Stuka Dive Bomb AOE along with a few other abilities. Right now it instagibs any unit with 15m radius. It didn't do this before.

2. Leaving it alone is how you keep broken things broken.

3. It is broken

4. This is absurd. Are you actually insisting on removing 75% of the playlists/multiplayer?

5. Nonconstructive reply
8 Jan 2016, 02:13 AM

I play it sometimes in team games. It's always in my loadout but is better on Steppes or Red Ball than maps like the bottom of City 17. Putting a spotting scope on a 222 is better than putting it on the Ele. I don't remember ever getting to drop more than 2 stukas, even in a long 4v4. Now, take out the riegel and add a fuel to muni conversion and this would really rock (or be really, really broken).

I completely agree with the people who say the stuka shouldn't completely destroy ML-20's. It means that players will rarely build ML-20's. Relic really screwed up the ML-20. The one at launch was pretty good with six shells and a decent AOE. The new one with 10 is meh. Relic buffed it because they thought nobody was building it because it was bad, when it wasn't built because it is countered too easily.
8 Jan 2016, 03:16 AM

Right now it instagibs any unit with 15m radius.

By any unit you meant infantry, right?
8 Jan 2016, 04:10 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2016, 03:16 AMJespe

By any unit you meant infantry, right?

and light vehicles and some buildings.
8 Jan 2016, 04:43 AM
Donator 11

and light vehicles and some buildings.

And it can kill full HP medium tanks within 10m range.

Pinpoint accuracy, 160 MU only, no flares. Only indication is sound. Sometimes you can't hear it until it gets really loud around 3 seconds before it goes off, even worse if you're talking with teammates, even worse if your volumes are low, and even worse if you're listening to music.

Yeah... terrible. Remove this no questions asked.
8 Jan 2016, 05:17 AM

So not being able to hear it makes it OP? You can't move your units out of the way? If it misses you've wasted 160 munitions.
8 Jan 2016, 05:29 AM

Pinpoint accuracy, 160 MU only, no flares. Only indication is sound. Sometimes you can't hear it until it gets really loud around 3 seconds before it goes off, even worse if you're talking with teammates, even worse if your volumes are low, and even worse if you're listening to music.

If you can't hear something because you turned the game volume down and decided to listen to music, is that really a good reason to start changing things about the game?

Now if you are a person who is deaf, then you have a legitimate complaint. I don't mean that as an insult. Seriously, this must be (I would think) a seriously irritating ability for someone with hearing issues. I've wondered about that with Stuka dive bomb. Everything else about the game I guess having a hearing disability wouldn't screw you over too bad but I really gotta wonder what a deaf person can do about stuka dive bomb.
8 Jan 2016, 07:29 AM
Patrion 28

So not being able to hear it makes it OP? You can't move your units out of the way? If it misses you've wasted 160 munitions.

this is true of all skill shots, including paratroopers.

what makes it OP is the amount of damage it does.
8 Jan 2016, 13:07 PM

Well, guess what?! you cant see the smoke indicator either, when you are looking at the other side of the map. Its not the abilities fault, if you dont pay attention.

Btw its a very slow ability, so ANYTHING mobile can easily dodge it. Thats why its mostly used against stationary stuff like artilleries.

Elefant and Stuka not gonna win any game for you...
8 Jan 2016, 13:11 PM

What if dive bomb and IL2 bombs bring down Howies and pak43 to 20% HP BUT you would be able to repair only to 50-70%HP so the next attack would be certain death?

Im not saying nerf dive bomb. Im saying use target tables to lower its damage to howies/pak43.
8 Jan 2016, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2016, 13:07 PMRiCE

Elefant and Stuka not gonna win any game for you...

Except for the ones where opponent relies on ISU, IS-2 or B4.
8 Jan 2016, 18:21 PM

apparently USF does have heavy tanks then, because i have stolen multiple tanks with that Stuka bomb when i didnt have fuel for my own, its lovely to damage tank with pak and then it retreats to repair, crew comes out and suddenly BOOM! crew dead and grenadiers have new panzer...

And at the same time blob usually makes 90' turn on their way to dodge the stuka bomb...

8 Jan 2016, 20:34 PM

You guys all know that targeting tables were added right. And yes dive bomb having no smoke can be bs, when a sound bug his or other sounds drowned out by somthing else. Stumtiger. I think the main problem we have her is a lot of one v one people who have not played much agent the dive bomb, let alone the no stop use of it in 2v2 plus. At the end of the day people in this community need to understand that this game dose no relocate solely around the 1v1 game mode. There are commanders, units and abilities that were and are made with other game modes min mind. The elephant commander is one of them. Balance it for the mode that it is played in, with the players that really us it in mined.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★