Login

russian armor

Dive Bomb + Jt/Ele

6 Jan 2016, 04:06 AM

I think this is one of the more powerful ability combinations in COH2. There are some that probably work well too, but this one comes to mind as being one of the most powerful. Jagdtiger or Elefant counters armor while any commander with recon run and the dive bomb will deter any howitzer emplacement. I am not sure of this combo in 2v2 but in 4v4, it feels a little broken.
6 Jan 2016, 04:46 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I think this is one of the more powerful ability combinations in COH2. There are some that probably work well too, but this one comes to mind as being one of the most powerful. Jagdtiger or Elefant counters armor while any commander with recon run and the dive bomb will deter any howitzer emplacement. I am not sure of this combo in 2v2 but in 4v4, it feels a little broken.

Make team weapons/stationary weapons(Pak 43, Howies, etc) not be one-shotted by artillery attacks. Let the crew die, but allow the player to recrew the weapon and repair it so you either need to drop double bombs on the gun or a concentrated assault is needed to kill the weapon.
6 Jan 2016, 04:53 AM

Make team weapons/stationary weapons(Pak 43, Howies, etc) not be one-shotted by artillery attacks. Let the crew die, but allow the player to recrew the weapon and repair it so you either need to drop double bombs on the gun or a concentrated assault is needed to kill the weapon.

this is a very good idea.

Also I would like to suggest that doctrines with heavy tank destroyers should not have counter to emplacements. for example elefant doctrine shouldent have stuka, so that artillery peices can be used against super heavy destroyers. SIMILARLY isu docs shouldent have il2 bombs to 1 shot pak43s.
6 Jan 2016, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 04:53 AMSmaug

this is a very good idea.

Also I would like to suggest that doctrines with heavy tank destroyers should not have counter to emplacements. for example elefant doctrine shouldent have stuka, so that artillery peices can be used against super heavy destroyers. SIMILARLY isu docs shouldent have il2 bombs to 1 shot pak43s.

Why not. Seriously, those commanders have been around since Beta, and now people think that they're unbalanced? Please tell me you don't play 4 vs 4 dominantly.
6 Jan 2016, 19:41 PM

Why not. Seriously, those commanders have been around since Beta, and now people think that they're unbalanced? Please tell me you don't play 4 vs 4 dominantly.

I have seen people complaining about this combination since these commanders have existed. It is not something new.
6 Jan 2016, 19:45 PM

1. Has been fine since 2013

2. leave it alone

3. don't fix what is not broken

4. don't play teamgames if you're concerned about balance

5. next thread
6 Jan 2016, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 19:41 PMAvNY

I have seen people complaining about this combination since these commanders have existed. It is not something new.
First time I've seen a thread of the sort. I do appreciate the clarification however.
6 Jan 2016, 20:12 PM

I am ok with leaving the abilites in the commander, as long as Stuka dive bomb cannot one shot arty pieces. The ability to wipe vet from an arty piece is already quite powerful. If you want to destroy the arty the German players should be required to do what Allied players do to kill elephants, smoke and flank.
6 Jan 2016, 20:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

First time I've seen a thread of the sort. I do appreciate the clarification however.

I won't look for the vid, post or whatever but in Relic words: "Heavy artillery was a a counter to the Elephant".
You just need to look at the Jaeger armor commander and see that there's a recon plane and Dive bomb to notice that the statement is stupid.
People have complaint about how well rounded is the commander that it has tools to counter it's counter (besides artillery, really good at clearing AT gun lines). Although since the Ele is no longer an 85/100 range TD, it's been seen less in comparison to JT for teamgames.

6 Jan 2016, 20:31 PM

I won't look for the vid, post or whatever but in Relic words: "Heavy artillery was a a counter to the Elephant".
You just need to look at the Jaeger armor commander and see that there's a recon plane and Dive bomb to notice that the statement is stupid.
People have complaint about how well rounded is the commander that it has tools to counter it's counter (besides artillery, really good at clearing AT gun lines). Although since the Ele is no longer an 85/100 range TD, it's been seen less in comparison to JT for teamgames.

Not to mention Ele and ISU lost concentrated line of sight ability as well.
6 Jan 2016, 20:35 PM

Making the arty peace living after the first dive bomb hit is the main thing.we arty having to be placed out of the base sector it shouldnt need a hard counter anymore.
7 Jan 2016, 09:53 AM

It's a non-issue since artillery doesn't counter the elefant anyway.

Probably should though.
7 Jan 2016, 13:40 PM

Dive bomb gives you 750 dmg with 15 aoe and only for 160 munition, oneshots howitzers. Not broken at all. Aoe and damage reductions are welcome.
7 Jan 2016, 13:44 PM

Spotting scopes and recon flight are a bigger part of the problem

relic wanted to remove self spotting for ele and isu, and look what happened, isu can't self spot but ele still can for 30 muni.

Ele + spotting scope for AT and then recon + stuka bomb for anti artillery.

I don't think there is any commander in the game that has better synergy
7 Jan 2016, 14:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Spotting scopes and recon flight are a bigger part of the problem

relic wanted to remove self spotting for ele and isu, and look what happened, isu can't self spot but ele still can for 30 muni.

Ele + spotting scope for AT and then recon + stuka bomb for anti artillery.

I don't think there is any commander in the game that has better synergy

+
7 Jan 2016, 16:47 PM

If elephant and Stuka bombing wins the game... I think Ost has already won the game if he is able to wield ele and use stuka bombard constantly. If there would not be ele it would be 2 panthers or 3 stugs and the munitions would be burned to nades/bombardments.

The thing that makes this doctrine dangerous is Scoutcars with scope... Dear god if they have veterancy i swear they can see nearly whole map rendering recon plane useless.
7 Jan 2016, 17:35 PM

7 Jan 2016, 19:25 PM

i am all in favor of players choosing commanders to negate their teammate's weaknesses. However, i believe that negating an entire commander is not fun at all. Considering that this forces you to either directly assault these heavy tanks or to flank them.
7 Jan 2016, 19:45 PM

Well, here's my 2 cents. This commander isn't widely used in 1 vs 1, as artillery pieces aren't dominant in competitive play, and the elefant has limitted utility and is expensive. So whatever arguments must be from a 2 vs 2 + perspective, then which you can complain about a lot, as everything above 2 vs 2 is unbalanced as shiiiiet.
7 Jan 2016, 19:58 PM

Well, here's my 2 cents. This commander isn't widely used in 1 vs 1, as artillery pieces aren't dominant in competitive play, and the elefant has limitted utility and is expensive. So whatever arguments must be from a 2 vs 2 + perspective, then which you can complain about a lot, as everything above 2 vs 2 is unbalanced as shiiiiet.

Let's assume you are correct. If the commander is not working well in 1v1's then it should likely be rebalanced anyway (assuming we balance for 1v1's), or it should be modified for larger team games because it tends to only see play there, and so changes have no effect on the precious 1v1 balance. Saying larger team games can't be balanced is nonsense since last patch we almost had a balanced 3v3 and 4v4 scene, literally less than one month ago.

In team games having an elephant and a stuka dive bomb is relatively easy, and causes games to end as you German steam roll the Allies off the map. The commander should be rebalanced, and I am all in favor of making it more attractive for smaller game modes, and improving its counterplay in larger game modes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★