russian armor

ukf mortar-bofor festival

5 Jan 2016, 23:29 PM

what you can do vs 2 ukf wich camp?
any suggestion is welcome
6 Jan 2016, 19:30 PM

what you can do vs 2 ukf wich camp?
any suggestion is welcome

There are loads of thread spawned by complaining about the Bofors and mortar situation for Brits right now, just scroll down a bit. And playing the game is also exceptional at discovering counters. Idk, stuff like artillery, AT guns, tanks, flame throwers, explosives, other mortars, ya know.
6 Jan 2016, 20:21 PM

I cannot currently watch the game but here are my suggestions for now. Get mortar ht or if not that get mortars. Use smoke to prevent bofors from firing, then rush in with a flame HT, one or two bursts and you are good to go. As OKW use ISG's, you can afford to buy 3 or even 4 since he will have little to no arty. If you went mech feel free to buy up to 3 stuka's. Fire them only one at a time so that he has to brace first and then hit them as they come out of brace.

Failing that, hold one VP, and drag the game on. He has tied up huge amounts of pop cap in immobile emplacements. Build up a very powerful tank army and destroy lots of emplacements at once. At this point he will be desperately trying to replace his army almost wholesale. While he does this cap the map and plant mines. Move up your MG's and force him to fight back to the VP's.

When you see this prepare for the long game, but don't get discouraged. Do not attack emplacements piecemeal. It should be an all or none deal. Use multiple players at single points since emplacements cannot move so they can never redress the balance in combat.
7 Jan 2016, 03:17 AM

In this replay i do 3 isg but with brace, autorepair and 3 engi this fuckin bofor don't go down..i wanna ask if i did something wrong in this case
7 Jan 2016, 03:30 AM

Didn't know you could use more than one engineer to repair a structure. Might help keep my bofors alive.
7 Jan 2016, 03:38 AM

In this replay i do 3 isg but with brace, autorepair and 3 engi this fuckin bofor don't go down..i wanna ask if i did something wrong in this case
Usually you want to aim for the back to try and hit the engis repairing. They receive extra damage while doing so, so that will stop the repairs.
7 Jan 2016, 03:45 AM

I killed something like 40 engi with isg lol
7 Jan 2016, 03:50 AM

Anyway it's not a problem, it's only the second time it happens, but i want a counter for the next time in this map
7 Jan 2016, 03:51 AM

Well, it's not 2 UKF camping, but 2 UKF camping with USF support.

And it's City 17.

Campy UKF eventually gets bled dry by ISG fire, but in 3v3s and 4v4s it focuses far too many resources down a very predictable path. It forces you to invest heavily in ISGs, which are just wonderful things for USF to harass, kill, and steal.
7 Jan 2016, 04:02 AM

I think it's a map problem.. bot line is too far from the fuel, Just retire once at the beginning and the opponents can camp safely
7 Jan 2016, 14:18 PM

The camping UKF with USF support is a strong combo. But UKF by themselves I find is very hard to win with against good players. OKW normally infantry-crush UKF before they can dig in. They will wave you again and again and you will only make it if you upgrade just right and timely and succeed with positioning, and that collection is a guessing game, and if you manage to dig in early, you have very little else and little map presence. Then there is a short breather... and then the walking stukas start shooting. And if it hits hard, that's the start of the end of that defeat game.
7 Jan 2016, 17:15 PM

Since release, UKF seems to be godlike in team game but for 1v1 they are crap. In 1v1, when UKF builds emplacement it means they got fewer inf in the field and their tech got delayed so you capitalized on that. ISG/Mortar HT is still the best counter to emplacements (and IS in general).
7 Jan 2016, 17:21 PM

Since release, UKF seems to be godlike in team game but for 1v1 they are crap.

Must be why UKF have THE lowest w/l ratio in 4s and not being even close to axis w/l ratios :sibHyena:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but after recent patch to patch butchering of brits they are on equally terrible level as other allied factions, being pretty much axis play toy.
8 Jan 2016, 10:23 AM

Must be why UKF have THE lowest w/l ratio in 4s and not being even close to axis w/l ratios :sibHyena:

I can only agree. My win rate is currently 30% with UKF in 4v4 random now. I don't think I've ever had such low ratio with any faction. I started playing UKF after latest patch, I just didn't feel like it before although I heard some stuff was really strong. And I recently had an 8 game lose streak with them. My all time record is 10.
8 Jan 2016, 11:02 AM

I usually mortar smoke/artillery officer smoke and flame (ground attack with either double flame engies, or FlameHT) these emplacements. If the opponent decides to brace them, I move to the next one, or I flush out any support. With no support, and whilst the emplacement is smoked or braced, I may occasionally plant some AI mines, cap the point and move on to get a point behind the emplacements. UKF has no threatening or scary counters to that, especially if they have invested into bofor, you just need to watch out for any USF blob support.
8 Jan 2016, 11:03 AM
Donator 22

I havent watched the replay, but keep as OH always the speahead doctrin in you loadout. 2 MHT against those emplacements are the perfect counter imo, plus the bofors invest delays brit tanks.
8 Jan 2016, 12:32 PM

I had a game vs heavy Bofors/Mortar Brits yesterday and we won it after it looked pretty bad in the beginning.

We're no pros but it might help you:

Double Stuka and some LeIG do wonders.
8 Jan 2016, 12:38 PM

You can't ignore the fuel point near the star on top in city 17. I denied their tanks forcing them to use brace.
8 Jan 2016, 12:48 PM

LeFH is great agasint emplacments since allies don't have doctrines which allow to kill it co easily like OST.

Many games I struggled agasint heavy emplacement until LeFH.
8 Jan 2016, 12:54 PM

This change could help, if you opponents played with emplacements heavily...usually using engineer doctrine

http://www.coh2.org/topic/46989/heavy-assault-guns-vs-fortifications
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS