Login

russian armor

Decrease of British positions' hitpoints ?

5 Jan 2016, 18:06 PM

Hi ! :)

When playing as Axis, I always struggle if the British player build any position.

- The mortar pit comes quite early in the game and is a major threat to anything that stops within its range. The double shot can wipes out most of infantry units and MGs.
- The Bofors just rapes anything on foot and all light vehicules. Its barrage prevent it from being countered by mortars, which is very annoying.
- The 17 pounders, well placed, locks down an huge aera for any tank.

The problem I face is that they are just way too tanky with their brace ability. It is very risky to destroy them by rushing with some shrecks for example, because their brace ability make them to tanky, and gives the British player a lot of time to react, which exposes your troops a lot.
Making artillery to destroy them doesn’t work most of the time, because it takes ages.
• As Werhmacht :
- Panzerwerfer are good at killing infantry, but poorly damages structures and tanks, so even if its barrage is really quick, is does nearly nothing to structures.
- Howitzers barrages are ineffective. Even if, on the paper, shells deal high damages to positions, the British player will activate the brace ability as the first shell lands near his positions and doing so negate most of the damages. Also, despite the howitzer barrage ability reloads quickly and is around one minute long, it has an important scatter, so most of the shells will miss. Overall, the amount of damages dealt will be really low.
• As OKW :
- The Stuka barrage : even if a rocket deals fairly decent damages to structures, only one or two can land of a position because the barrage is being fired in a straight line. And, if the British player is aware enough, he can activate the brace ability before the rockets' impact.
- The ISG simply doesn’t deal enough damages.

Well, even if I'm posting this is the balance thread, I'm not telling these positions are OP. They cost a lot and their effectiveness reflects that. I'm just saying that their hitpoints should be decreased.

Their germans counterparts, the Pak 88 and Flak 38, are very powerful too, but can be easily decrewed. An infantry rush with some nades or an artillery strike is plently enough to take out a Flak 88. The Flak 38 can be decrewed with two nades or destroyed with some zook or tank shots (maybe that's why no one builds it :foreveralone: ). Also, the fact than they can be decrewed mean they can be captured, which make them like a double edged sword.

Thanx for reading and replies.
5 Jan 2016, 18:22 PM

Wow grenouille wanting nerfs to the all so powerful rosbif emplacements who would have thought

This is a L2P issue not a balance issue :)
5 Jan 2016, 18:26 PM

No wonder OP wants to nerf them.

He uses completely wrong units to counter them.

Use MHT, rush with shrecks, sneak up pair of puppchens while volk or two draw bofors fire, same with osttruppen and shreck pgrens.

There is plenty of stuff emplacements can't survive and you're not using them.

And by the way, dual ISG is the proper emplacement counter, not single one. Single one is good harassment tool though as it will force REs to stay and repair it all the time.
5 Jan 2016, 18:27 PM

400 MP mortar pit means there's no MP for AT.

as Wehr, you can get flamers on engineers, AT gun, flamer halftrack or mortar halftrack and easily dislodge it if you so choose. When it is "braced", it is not attacking.

As OKW, ISG EASILY dislodges it. "attack ground" leave on auto until it's destroyed. you can rush it when it's under "embrace" and shoot all your shreks and flame grenades at it when it's on CD. easy...

Bofors is even easier. ISG outranges it. put mortars shooting from 2 different angles, flame track, flame engis, flame mortar halftrack. AT gun....

If you're camping and sitting around WAITING for both to be built, well I think that's your fault. What were you doing waiting while this was happening? In order for these to be built early, they have to tech quickly which means no IS blob, no vickers spam, no courier. you should have map dominance. If by chance 1 bofors has been built and they camp there... you can always go around and backcap, cap the rest of the map.

I woudl trade a Pak88 ANYDAY with 17 pounder. who builds a pak 88 without any support? rarely have I ever seen allies actually crew and make use of an enemy pak 88. they build in a position that's advantageous to them and it can shoot through nonshootables for 400? 500 mp? 8 pop? how about 17 pounder? 400 and 75 fuel. cannot shoot through unshootables. cost 20 pop. please cry more.

you're relying on late game counters for anti blob. stuka is antiblob/static positions. panzerwerfer is antiblob. leif 18 whatever is anti blob.

please watch more replays on how OKW counters UKF. UKF currently has the lowest win rate i believe out of all factions and you think they're difficult to deal with... you should be more worried against USF blob
5 Jan 2016, 18:55 PM

Most of the time i manage to prevent the British player from building positions. I was talking about the situation where british positions are set up.

I'm probably doing it wrong, but shreck rush doesn't work most of the time for me once the position is built. The brace stance makes the position very tanky : it gives a lot of time to the brit player to react. A braced position can deal with more than 10 schrecks shots.
5 Jan 2016, 19:42 PM

Its really easy to kill them in general. Flamer ht or flame nade is what I use, shreks works fine as well.
5 Jan 2016, 20:12 PM

Most of the time i manage to prevent the British player from building positions. I was talking about the situation where british positions are set up.

I'm probably doing it wrong, but shreck rush doesn't work most of the time for me once the position is built. The brace stance makes the position very tanky : it gives a lot of time to the brit player to react. A braced position can deal with more than 10 schrecks shots.

Do not waste your time shooting at braced emplacements. Use that time to secure the area around them. Then just before brace comes off get ready to hit the emplacement. As OKW use flame nades and shreks from Volks, or fames on SP's (if you have gone that doc), or get ISG's ready to bombard it.

As Wehr, you needn't use mortars to kill the Boffers, just saturate it in smoke and then hit it with a FHT. One or two bursts and all the brace in the world won't help. If you see Brit at start of game I would definitely save up some munitions and get a FHT. If he goes Bren carrier just get an AC instead and then upgrade MG42's on the grens, he won't have fuel to get the emplacement very quickly. Wehr mortars can easily eat up a Brit mortar pit. Two of them will force him to brace, and then you can move them to a new position, by the time they set up again the brace will be wearing off and you can hit him hard. MHT is also amazing.

Also once a Brit player locks down you are free to avoid the area and cap everything else on the map. Encourage him to keep investing in emplacements and you will find he can never attack again.

Emplacements aren't fun to play with or against, but they certainly aren't particularly strong right now.

6 Jan 2016, 05:03 AM
Patrion 28

flamer halftrack through cover.
7 Jan 2016, 18:12 PM

Well thanx for the tips, I'll try the combo smoke saturation + FHT or flamers, even I find investing too much ammo in a fragile unit is risky, especially to attack Bofors which can destroy it very quickly.
7 Jan 2016, 18:26 PM

Pak 88? Flak 88? I'm confused. Do you mean pak43? The flak 88 is only in vcoh.
7 Jan 2016, 20:04 PM

Well thanx for the tips, I'll try the combo smoke saturation + FHT or flamers, even I find investing too much ammo in a fragile unit is risky, especially to attack Bofors which can destroy it very quickly.

Smoke cool down is fast enough it should be used to prevent bofors from ever coming out of smoke. You can still circle strafe since only 1 cannon on FHT need fire.

Also try flame HT, you will find it very effective. You should try to get close enough so that you will not miss, a max range flame shell will like miss the target. Try hitting it with a regular mortar first to force brace then watch those 30 seconds tick off before you slam it with the real deal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★