Login

russian armor

Running over troops

5 Jan 2016, 17:47 PM

These days I'm feeling this mechanic more than usual. It's pretty common to see someone just rushing tanks over your troops, even when they have anti tank equipment.

I'm not gonna ask to remove the mechanic (or remove it, I'm not gonna miss it), but there are cases where it's plain stupid. I'm ok with getting my squads squashed agains buildings and stuff, but it's just plain retarded to have my squad in open ground, whatch a panther go on top of it, give a U-turn and BAM squad wipe.

And no I can't have ATs every-single-where. But if you really like the mechanic, at least let every medium/heavy tank have it.

What is your input in the matter?
5 Jan 2016, 17:51 PM

Crushing is a critical component of the game. I like it very much, it requires micro and skill to use well.

If you are fighting Panthers, you certainly do need AT everywhere. At that point in the game you should have plentiful AT. To my knowledge every medium and heavy tank has infantry crush. The only difference is they can crush different objects on the map.
5 Jan 2016, 19:36 PM

It's not just panthers, cromwells are really the worst, they just go in, crush and get out, and shoot some guys in the process.

The only thing critical about it is how game changing it can sometimes be, even when you don't blob, that vet 5 squad was making a difference :) but fine keep the crushing, it's just stupid to get crushed by a U-turn in the middle of nowhere, this from a gameplay point of view.
6 Jan 2016, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2016, 19:36 PMGazbag
It's not just panthers, cromwells are really the worst, they just go in, crush and get out, and shoot some guys in the process.

The only thing critical about it is how game changing it can sometimes be, even when you don't blob, that vet 5 squad was making a difference :) but fine keep the crushing, it's just stupid to get crushed by a U-turn in the middle of nowhere, this from a gameplay point of view.

That would be stupid even more stupid that a tank can crush wall but not infantry :)

Imagine, you could block tanks by surrounding them with infantry ( the pathfinding is already stupid )
6 Jan 2016, 09:42 AM

Crush is core game mechanic not expoild so it wont be fixed
6 Jan 2016, 10:19 AM

Wrote this in another thread quite recently:

Was thinking about this the other day. I feel that it's a semi-unrealistic tactic and is only really possible to do by taking advantage of infantry pathfinding and map geography under very specific circumstances. It's kinda like half-built sandbags denying cover - very close to exploiting a glitch. So I'd prefer to see it removed tbh.

Also, if infantry crush is realistic, why can't I just drive over deployed mortar teams and such? And why are only certain vehicles able to do it? Pretty sure getting driven over by a ten-ton halftrack would hurt.
6 Jan 2016, 10:28 AM

Another thread? Just L2P.

Mines, snares, micro, at guns etc etc etc.
6 Jan 2016, 10:53 AM

I agree with Australian Magic; L2P plz or your gonna get run over.

Good micro, at snares and at weapons will stop armor pushes. Clearly if an enemy tank has pushed you u have no defenses active.
6 Jan 2016, 11:00 AM

retreat
6 Jan 2016, 11:21 AM

Another thread? Just L2P.
Mines, snares, micro, at guns etc etc etc.

Why don't you say that to helpinghans who in the finals lost multiplies entities to Cromwell crash, almost had a squad wipe and was constantly push of the field because of Cromwell crash.

6 Jan 2016, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 11:21 AMMyself

Why don't you say that to helpinghans who in the finals lost multiplies entities to Cromwell crash, almost had a squad wipe and was constantly push of the field because of Cromwell crash.

He also lost squads while he was focused on another skirmish.

He is a human player, not some kind of micro and awareness god.

He have a habit of driving over his own mines when explosions are going around.

Protip:

Top players make mistakes too.
6 Jan 2016, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 11:21 AMMyself

Why don't you say to Jesulin that only retards can be pushed back to base and dive bombed?

Even tho T34 is shit tank it can be pain in the ass and inflict haevy damage. Same with crushing it can be countered but it does not mean it is countered always.
6 Jan 2016, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Also, if infantry crush is realistic, why can't I just drive over deployed mortar teams and such? And why are only certain vehicles able to do it? Pretty sure getting driven over by a ten-ton halftrack would hurt.

You can do it with T34s tanks. #RamOP

Been serious, it's simple. Balance. There's a reason why light vehicles/tanks* don't have crush. You don't remember T70 with crush right ?

Edit: *besides Su76
6 Jan 2016, 11:55 AM

Someone got his blob ran over.
6 Jan 2016, 12:15 PM

Why don't you say to Jesulin that only retards can be pushed back to base and dive bombed?

I am not the one using L2P as an argument you are, and its pretty poor one.
Crushing is a real and not a L2P. The fact is that little consideration has been made on balancing crush humans and thus:
Different tanks are easier or harder to crush humans
and the difference is not based on the units role or cost or some other balance factor but simply in mobility...

He is a human player, not some kind of micro and awareness god.

Exactly and thus L2P is not a valid argument.
6 Jan 2016, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 12:15 PMMyself

Exactly and thus L2P is not a valid argument.

It is if you're getting your troops run over every time you see med tank.
It is not if it happens occasionally.
6 Jan 2016, 12:24 PM

It is if you're getting your troops run over every time you see med tank.
It is not if it happens occasionally.

Some people may have there troops run over regularly other like helpinghans don't, the crash human issue remains regardless and it is not L2P issue...
6 Jan 2016, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 12:24 PMMyself

Some people may have there troops run over regularly other like helpinghans don't, the crash human issue remains regardless and it is not L2P issue...

Except its not an issue.
Its a feature.
Its not going anywhere.
You're getting run over all the time and can't stand for it anymore?
Get good.

Tanks run over scrubs all the time while its more rare event at higher level play, but its there and its not going anywhere.

End of topic really, there is nothing more to it.
6 Jan 2016, 12:53 PM

The logic behind playing with a tank, see some infantary in the distance and decide to run over it, is like having a loaded gun and rush the enemy to stab them with my bayonet.
6 Jan 2016, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 12:53 PMGazbag
The logic behind playing with a tank, see some infantary in the distance and decide to run over it, is like having a loaded gun and rush the enemy to stab them with my bayonet.

Oh, you mean like standard conscript or penals use, because their weapons are rifles only from a name?
Don't get lost in the "realism" trap there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 771
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak