Login

russian armor

The M8A1

6 Jan 2016, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 19:57 PMGrim
could swap it with the Priest.

Then buff the M8, maybe give it different shells types etc and make it a call-in.

That would be a cool way to give the USF late game a shoot in the arm. And would make them the only facton with a core arty heavy arty.
6 Jan 2016, 23:10 PM

It needs a range buff. How it's standard shot manages to have a smaller range than the pak howie, lieg and mortars is beyond me.

If the range was increased, so it could play it's role as a BACKFIELD support unit, it wouldn't need an HP buff. With it's current range, it's right out there near the front line and needs a HP buff.
6 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM

When a indirect unit is getting outshined by a directt fire unit at it's role. That's a pretty big indicator something is screwy.

Not really since people just used the Scott for direct-fire anyway, so it's really just the Sherman outshining the Scott at direct fire, which makes sense because a Tank should outperform Artillery at direct fire.
6 Jan 2016, 23:26 PM

The scotts AOE or overall damage feels very poor. As Cabreza points out it cant hit even the largest of blobs and even when it does its damage is minimal at best.

Well i just met the effing thing playing ost... 2 shots forced squad of grens to retreat everytime (2 models down and low on health) That dude shot bombardments on the move, i know it can do that but never ever had anyone do it against me...

Would like to try the thing against OKW "oh shrek blob incoming i'll just shoot bombardment on retreat to that point then..."
6 Jan 2016, 23:29 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 23:26 PMJespe

Well i just met the effing thing playing ost... 2 shots forced squad of grens to retreat everytime (2 models down and low on health) That dude shot bombardments on the move, i know it can do that but never ever had anyone do it against me try to counter that...

Would like to try the thing against OKW "oh shrek blob incoming i'll just shoot bombardment on retreat to that point then..."

You would think it would be good against OKW but the low health pool means you'll just get shrekd into oblivion lol.

The gun itself seems ok in a 1v1 situation but in large games 2v2 and up its not really worth investing.
7 Jan 2016, 01:26 AM

That would be a cool way to give the USF late game a shoot in the arm. And would make them the only facton with a core arty heavy arty.

The brits say... well, nothing. They just weep in the corner thinking about the 25pdr.

The build time on the Scott definitely needs to come down to something sane.

As an aside, am I the only one that occasionally has the Scott try to headbutt whatever it's meant to be shooting at?

7 Jan 2016, 01:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not really since people just used the Scott for direct-fire anyway, so it's really just the Sherman outshining the Scott at direct fire, which makes sense because a Tank should outperform Artillery at direct fire.

That doesn't make a lot of sense, though.
7 Jan 2016, 04:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 01:43 AMVuther
That doesn't make a lot of sense, though.

Yes it does, the Scott is artillery, but people used it for direct-fire anyway. Now people are comparing the Sherman to the Scott in the direct fire role. The Sherman (a Tank) absolutely should outperform the Scott (Artillery) in direct fire.
7 Jan 2016, 09:01 AM

m8a1 is close to absolutely useless atm
7 Jan 2016, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 01:26 AMtenid

The brits say... well, nothing. They just weep in the corner thinking about the 25pdr.

Every one say its useless. Still it forces enemy to retreat when they see the Red smoke. For 40 mun? grenadiers burn 30 or was it 35? muni only to get enemy out of cover AND maybe damage it in the process.

It does not hit the spot? well neither does russian mortars.
8 Jan 2016, 04:23 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 16:55 PMJespe

Every one say its useless. Still it forces enemy to retreat when they see the Red smoke. For 40 mun? grenadiers burn 30 or was it 35? muni only to get enemy out of cover AND maybe damage it in the process.

It does not hit the spot? well neither does russian mortars.

it doesn't necessarily force a hard retreat, depends a lot on the number of units in the area.
8 Jan 2016, 09:45 AM

I have used it against OKW blobs and whilst it can kite them effectively the accuracy is terrible. In a 2v2 spent most my time microing it against the OKW horde of AT wielding Volks and yes I might wipe 2 models in a shot but a blob of 4-5 squads doesn't care. The range either needs to be increased, the HP higher or an increased rate of fire.

As it stands Volks just keep chasing it meaning it is ineffective at its intended roll. Doesn't stop a blob, just gives them something to run after.
8 Jan 2016, 10:12 AM

Building time:

Sherman 55 second
E8 50 second
Jackson 60 second
M8A1 80 second

Lelic FFS.

Even if they fix build time I will not build this Low HP short range shi t.
8 Jan 2016, 11:14 AM

A-Move Lmg elite core inf/calliope > all other stuff usf can offer
8 Jan 2016, 18:26 PM

As it stands Volks just keep chasing it meaning it is ineffective at its intended roll. Doesn't stop a blob, just gives them something to run after.

So its the same against okw as flakpanzer is against at-partisans... I have to start playing okw, if it is that strong ...its pain in the ass when playing with ost... IDK about using it my self... I have usually lost a game with USF before i have one I should just blob...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★