Login

russian armor

Ghost structures and how to ghostbust it

5 Jan 2016, 12:59 PM

This is micro, period.
Starcraft have thousands of example of this since Starcraft I and they cheer when it happens.

Micro it will be if he moved his squads get supressed only one and others will kill it. This is exploid. Saying this is micro is like saying moving vickers in and out of house 10 times to get bigger range is micro
5 Jan 2016, 13:01 PM

It is just your double standard. I view it as a smart, fully utilizing of an ability potential, which over-shallowed COH2 truly needed.

Yeah.

I know.

Sprice thought exactly the same thing when he used captain on me stacking and brit command vehicle AT gun recrew and sherman super RoF exploit.

It was smart utilizing of ability potential to stack buffs.
It enhanced gameplay and added whole new experience for opponents, who just weren't good enough and didn't adapted to smart use of 20 speed infantry that couldn't die to small arms or 0.1 sec reload shermans.

Edit: ah yea, I forgot about the vickers smart use to fully utilize its vet1 some time ago, which Hector just mentioned!
5 Jan 2016, 13:05 PM

Yeah.

I know.

Sprice thought exactly the same thing when he used captain on me stacking and brit command vehicle AT gun recrew and sherman super RoF exploit.

It was smart utilizing of ability potential to stack buffs.
It enhanced gameplay and added whole new experience for opponents, who just weren't good enough and didn't adapted to smart use of 20 speed infantry that couldn't die to small arms or 0.1 sec reload shermans.

Edit: ah yea, I forgot about the vickers smart use to fully utilize its vet1 some time ago!

And vickers , oh godly vickers. And allmighty stunning stuart. And never forget obers cloning.

It all need a lot of micro like traping that kubel in mine video.

:brad: Every exploid tells a story :brad:
5 Jan 2016, 13:08 PM

Micro it will be if he moved his squads get supressed only one and others will kill it. This is exploid. Saying this is micro is like saying moving vickers in and out of house 10 times to get bigger range is micro

I really wonder why a narrow minded, stubborn guy (or pig?) can be a "strategist".

That vickers stacking shit was Relic coding flaw, genius.

Building a structure is genuine ability of a builder unit, cancelling/refunding an unfinished structure is a genuine option, and builder leaving their unfinished structure is a genuine option, in ALL RTS.

Comparing this to a coding flaw, is just retarded.
5 Jan 2016, 13:36 PM

I really wonder why a narrow minded, stubborn guy (or pig?) can be a "strategist".

Building a structure is genuine ability of a builder unit, cancelling/refunding an unfinished structure is a genuine option, and builder leaving their unfinished structure is a genuine option, in ALL RTS.

The problem is that those structure are FREE and spammable by Core infantries

in SC2, refund is only 75% of the ressource, You can't use the ressource while its not refund, and you risk to loose a drone / probe / SCV

You want to use a Hatch (300) to slow him taking B2, so you first invest those 300 minerals ( you could use on making drones, or zergling, or tech), then cancel it, so you lost 75 minerals, and you dont have to loose your drone or it you will lost 50 minerals more ( and a larva ).

So, you are comparing this and Wire, Sandbag ghosting ? you are funny... really
5 Jan 2016, 14:26 PM

The problem is that those structure are FREE and spammable by Core infantries

in SC2, refund is only 75% of the ressource, You can't use the ressource while its not refund, and you risk to loose a drone / probe / SCV

You want to use a Hatch (300) to slow him taking B2, so you first invest those 300 minerals ( you could use on making drones, or zergling, or tech), then cancel it, so you lost 75 minerals, and you dont have to loose your drone or it you will lost 50 minerals more ( and a larva ).

So, you are comparing this and Wire, Sandbag ghosting ? you are funny... really

100 minerals in SC2 is close to "free".
5 Jan 2016, 14:30 PM
Donator 22

This is micro, period.
Starcraft have thousands of example of this since Starcraft I and they cheer when it happens.

this is retarded and has nothing to do with micro.
ghost wiring, sandbags etc. needs to go. This is Company of Heroes and not Starcraft.
5 Jan 2016, 14:48 PM

100 minerals in SC2 is close to "free".

You forget counting the mineral not mined by this drone, + 100 minerals early game ( in the time where its intelligent to ghost building, tell me why you should go ghostbuild when the ennemy have a good army able to destroy your ghost watch and your drone in 5 sec ) is a lot, compare to wire ghosting and sandband ghosting
5 Jan 2016, 16:17 PM

You forget counting the mineral not mined by this drone, + 100 minerals early game ( in the time where its intelligent to ghost building, tell me why you should go ghostbuild when the ennemy have a good army able to destroy your ghost watch and your drone in 5 sec ) is a lot, compare to wire ghosting and sandband ghosting

All you type is making you looks like ignorant and knows nothing in SC2. :foreveralone:

1. Everyone scouts with a worker in early game.
2. By the time of those ghosting stuff with scouting workers, there is only 1-2 attacking units.
3. Tell me how do you destroy a extractor (cancelling at last bit of health and rebuild) with ONE ZEALOT, in fucking 5 sec. :thumbsup:
5 Jan 2016, 16:27 PM

So you want to tell me that it is game design option ? That relic waht to do it like this , it was their first plan ?

If no then it is lack of manpower in relic to fix it and leaves you option to abuse it.

And those ghost are free. If you have 30 second time with your conscripts you can completely make some of narrow passes impassable until enemy get something bigger than light tank because you can build 100 of them in line so enemy cannot pass nor crush it nor destroy it in 30 second of similar unit time.

Thinking about this as game mechanics is retarded.

Maybe I´m strategist because I don´t abuse bad game mechanics and don´t create bad gameplay user experience like you do. Because ghosting is abusive , exploitive and effective. Yes you hear it effective. But then tell me why good players like Luvnest , Jove ,Ciez, Jesulin , Barton , DevM , Aimstrong do not use it ? Because it is against their morale. They do not use it because they think it is exploit not game machanic that is in game because game creators want it. It is the same like turbo sherman. It is exploid and it give you too much for too less but creates uwanted user experience (who want turbo 1200 round per minute for extra protection sherman ?).

And what is worst ? It mess with pathing. Retreating units cannot shot it . You get free squadwipes becuase unit need to run more and get more fire taken . And you think it is fine that enemy lose 240 mp worth unit while you lose nothing because you invested little to zero time of engineer ghostwiring half of map ?

I end here , I won´t change your mind and no ever will. But please don´t flame here because you get salty cause someone ghostwired you off game.
5 Jan 2016, 16:55 PM

All you type is making you looks like ignorant and knows nothing in SC2. :foreveralone:

1. Everyone scouts with a worker in early game.
2. By the time of those ghosting stuff with scouting workers, there is only 1-2 attacking units.
3. Tell me how do you destroy a extractor (cancelling at last bit of health and rebuild) with ONE ZEALOT, in fucking 5 sec. :thumbsup:

- I never said the opposite
- ok, and ?
- I was saying that in the early game, where your ennemy army is little, 100 minerals is not free, you gas trick a protoss ? which protoss take double gas so early anyway ? just place a zealot to force him to B or to lose more resource into gas build/refund, try to kill his drone, expand, do something.

To resume:

Sc2 Ghosting: Cost ressource and some micro
Coh2 Ghosting: Free, 1 click

Is that hard to understand Porygon ?
5 Jan 2016, 16:55 PM

So you want to tell me that it is game design option ? That relic waht to do it like this , it was their first plan ?

If no then it is lack of manpower in relic to fix it and leaves you option to abuse it.

And those ghost are free. If you have 30 second time with your conscripts you can completely make some of narrow passes impassable until enemy get something bigger than light tank because you can build 100 of them in line so enemy cannot pass nor crush it nor destroy it in 30 second of similar unit time.

Thinking about this as game mechanics is retarded.

Not every strategy or tactic is totally developed or intended by developers, Starcraft is a perfect example of it. There is always something good players can get around it. And that's why Starcraft being success.

Maybe I´m strategist because I don´t abuse bad game mechanics and don´t create bad gameplay user experience like you do. Because ghosting is abusive , exploitive and effective. Yes you hear it effective. But then tell me why good players like Luvnest , Jove,Ciez, Jesulin , Barton , DevM , Aimstrong do not use it ? Because it is against their morale.

Are you fucking kidding me or you never watched the tournament, even OCF?
Sorry for breaking your dream, Aimstrong did that almost 100% in his Brits game (and causing tons of narrow-minded stupid like one of you bashing him), Jove did thousands time of Soviet sandbag ghosting and I saw even Hans did that in his usual stream, recently.

They did it because it is a working tactic. That's it.
5 Jan 2016, 16:58 PM

Not every strategy or tactic is totally developed or intented by developers, Starcraft is a perfect example of it. There is always something good players can get around it. And that's why Starcraft being success.

Are you fucking kidding me or you never watched the tournament, even OCF?
Sorry for breaking your dream, Aimstrong did that almost 100% in this Brits game, Jove did thousands time of Soviet sandbag ghosting and even Hans did that in his usual stream.

They did it because it is a working tactic. That's it.

They did it cause its allowed in tournament, in SC2 for exemple, in serious tournament, they banned any player that used the exploit that tell you where your ennemy starts in the map, then blizzard fixed it.
5 Jan 2016, 17:00 PM

They did it cause its allowed in tournament, in SC2 for exemple, in serious tournament, they banned any player that used the exploit that tell you where your ennemy starts in the map, then blizzard fixed it.

Learn the difference between "Documented allowed" and "Not Disallowed".

To resume:

Sc2 Ghosting: Cost ressource and some micro
Coh2 Ghosting: Free, 1 click

Is that hard to understand Porygon ?

LOL sure a one click able to ghost wiring off an essential point.
Is that hard to understand ghosting wiring required at least 10x clicking than normal wiring?
5 Jan 2016, 17:01 PM

Learn the difference between "Documented allowed" and "Not Disallowed".

Teach me
6 Jan 2016, 01:56 AM
Patrion 15

If this is not abusive gameplay then I dont know what is

That is great play but I think the problem is not the ghosting Itself, Its what taking so long time to kill them. From my point of view this -undestroyable ghost- problem could easly solved by more low hp and recive accuracy for unfinished sandbags(and such). As others mentioned earlier.

Edit: Also maybe to prevent exploits this happen to light-heavy tanks, unfinished tank traps(and such) should broke instantly but that is lot to ask from Relic :romeoBANG:

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Edit: Oh Porygon :luvDerp:
6 Jan 2016, 02:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 01:56 AMruzen

unfinished tank traps(and such) should broke instantly but that is lot to ask from Relic :romeoBANG:

It is already what ghost trap are, and you ignorant guys keep complaining.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★