Login

russian armor

B-4

4 Jan 2016, 19:59 PM

The B4 commander is pretty much dead since the heavy nerf on B4. Nobody will use this commander until B4 is somewhat useful again.

A shame because on paper sounds quite cool to play with. but then you try to play with it ...
4 Jan 2016, 20:29 PM

maybe make it a direct-fire weapon only that can pierce objects? Would be an interesting unit.
6 Jan 2016, 22:19 PM
6 Jan 2016, 23:26 PM

I don't know how anyone can consider giant RNG Bombs to be balanced, this unit has zero consistency and, ironically, seems to avoid hitting the center of the circle on purpose. I test fired it once and out of 10 shots, the center was unscathed while the area around it was completely wrecked.

This thing needs some consistency, the RNG-ness of this unit can win or lose you a game, and both players have very little control over that. This is a unit that can decide a game, based entirely on RNG.
7 Jan 2016, 19:36 PM

I don't know how anyone can consider giant RNG Bombs to be balanced, this unit has zero consistency and, ironically, seems to avoid hitting the center of the circle on purpose. I test fired it once and out of 10 shots, the center was unscathed while the area around it was completely wrecked.

This thing needs some consistency, the RNG-ness of this unit can win or lose you a game, and both players have very little control over that. This is a unit that can decide a game, based entirely on RNG.

I suggested a way to add the accuracy it needs WITH counterplay

The same way free UKF howitzer are balanced
8 Jan 2016, 02:40 AM

I suggested a way to add the accuracy it needs WITH counterplay

The same way free UKF howitzer are balanced

That could work. Another idea taken from history is that an off-map light artillery barrage could be fired at the target first, then the B-4 firing an accurate shot (the light barrage would be tied to the B-4's barrage). The basis for that is the Soviets used other Howitzers to range the targets, then altered the calculations for the B-4, which was then fired and was as a result extremely accurate.

While historically using lighter Howitzers to barrage served to disguise the upcoming attack by zeroing in for the B-4, in-game it would serve as an alert that a B-4 is about to fire on that area instead.
8 Jan 2016, 04:13 AM
Donator 33

The basis for that is the Soviets used other Howitzers to range the targets, then altered the calculations for the B-4, which was then fired and was as a result extremely accurate.

While historically using lighter Howitzers to barrage served to disguise the upcoming attack by zeroing in for the B-4, in-game it would serve as an alert that a B-4 is about to fire on that area instead.

Oh so thats how they nailed the Finnish bunkers down during winter war, basically they somehow managed to land direct hits to the bunkers, collapsing them and killing everyone inside (Kinda off-topic but using other howitzers to gain an accurate shot on enemy positions was totally new information for me, so thanks!)
8 Jan 2016, 05:17 AM

Easiest way is to reduce cap and mp price for PAK.43 level (which is much more useful then B-4). 500 mp, 10 cap. Add suppression if single shot.
i had this idea about the B-4.
infanry sqauds once the B-4 is build can drop a flare(like UKF sections)

That's good too.
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 09:55 AMnewvan
I will choose Katyusha any time over ML-20, and ML-20 over B-4...

As with most players. Including me:banana: Static artillery is too expensive and vulnerable to their more than modest performance.

the problem right now is...

Relax, it's one of those guys who say "Katy is fine" even if the developers accidentally reduce Katy AoE at twice;)
8 Jan 2016, 15:09 PM

That could work. Another idea taken from history is that an off-map light artillery barrage could be fired at the target first, then the B-4 firing an accurate shot (the light barrage would be tied to the B-4's barrage). The basis for that is the Soviets used other Howitzers to range the targets, then altered the calculations for the B-4, which was then fired and was as a result extremely accurate.

That can also work as well

It will also make the B-4 unique,and the best part is there is counterplay which means the player receiving the shot can prevent it or/and dodge it.
9 Jan 2016, 10:39 AM

id like to see the precision strike come back at vet 3 MVGame

but most arty, especially allied arty, is getting countered almost all the time by a stuka bomb. at least in bigger modes where you can actually build arty. so its pretty useless most of the time
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★