Login

russian armor

Jealousy towards OKW

• This thread is locked
2 Dec 2015, 09:59 AM

So I am seeing multiple biased players and fanboys have a strong feeling of jealousy toawrds OKW, asking questions such as:

1. Why do thaey hazh 5 levels of wet but we don't? How is it justified?
2. Why do they have equal resources now?
3. Why is it going to be slighly harder to overrun them and end the game in the first 3 minutes?
4. Why is light vehicle play as OKW is becoming viable?

I am going to show some decency and answer their jealous questions:

1. Because their stock units are garbage and beaten by their much cheaper counterparts, the vet5 is a reward for tolerating this BS and microing your units. For example non-vet obers are getting beaten by much cheaper units unless it is vet 3. Also 5 levels of Vet is one of the major attraction features of OKW and it won't go anywhere. You might get rid of your bias and play as the faction, enjoy life it is too short to limit yourself.
2. They didn't have enough to utilize their abilities and units. The resource handicap was there because their units were supposed to beat and rekt most of their counterparts, which is clearly not the case.
3. That was not fun anyway, even for you biased player. Appreciate and welcome some challenge and use your brain cells.
4. Awesome, finally you can build a luchs and don't worry about that cromwell which arrived much earlier. Though T70/Stuart are going to give it a pretty hard time.
2 Dec 2015, 10:00 AM

2 Dec 2015, 10:07 AM

I feel only one jealous thing in my mind they were born
2 Dec 2015, 10:09 AM

This is just the logical consequence of buffing US Rifles to terminator stance and the introduction of Brits with better units, yet no resource penalty.

OKW was created around better units but less resources. Thus they were balanced (after the initial OP stance shortly after they were introduced). But then Relic kept buffing Allies and especially with the introduction of Brits the late game shifted towards them. OKW remained with the resource penalty and thus was shit.
2 Dec 2015, 10:20 AM

The resourse penalty was justified because the OKW had very powerful units, which had a huge impact on the game when fielded. After many nerfs, and far less potent units, the resource penalty wasn't justified anymore in my opinion. So the removal of resource penalty is justified in my opinion as well.

As to address the veterancy. The change makes sense, but this isn't justified. They buffed the OKW pretty significantly, yet they didn't nerf one of the bigger aspects that justified the resource penalty in the first place, battle hardened superior vet. Now in the new patch, at vet 5, OKW units still outperform their counterparts, which is the equivalent of 1.25 of normal vet 3. So when they vet up, they don't get 0,33 of vet 3 added every time, but rather 0,25. Which means up untill vet 4, which they will reach slower than allied infantry due to it being the 4th vet level, they are inferior vet wise to the allied infantry. At vet 4 they are equal to vet 3 and suddenly they are superior at vet 5. Again it makes no sense now that the resource penalty is gone.

Vet should have been reworked as to vet 5 level being equal to vet 3 and the vet 5 is reached at the same time as vet 3 would, if equal experience is gained. I mean, we know they are not going to change something that major for all units, so this is the way to go with it.
2 Dec 2015, 10:25 AM

OKW is always the top joyful faction for teamed game for, not only vast pool of end-game units, great scaling,but due to vast selection of units, their commanders selection are not as restricted as US/Soviet
2 Dec 2015, 10:31 AM

sure 235 and 23 for reinforce.
Like RE?
2 Dec 2015, 10:32 AM

The resourse penalty was justified because the OKW had very powerful units, which had a huge impact on the game when fielded. After many nerfs, and far less potent units, the resource penalty wasn't justified anymore in my opinion. So the removal of resource penalty is justified in my opinion as well.

As to address the veterancy. The change makes sense, but this isn't justified. They buffed the OKW pretty significantly, yet they didn't nerf one of the bigger aspects that justified the resource penalty in the first place, battle hardened superior vet. Now in the new patch, at vet 5, OKW units still outperform their counterparts, which is the equivalent of 1.25 of normal vet 3. So when they vet up, they don't get 0,33 of vet 3 added every time, but rather 0,25. Which means up untill vet 4, which they will reach slower than allied infantry due to it being the 4th vet level, they are inferior vet wise to the allied infantry. At vet 4 they are equal to vet 3 and suddenly they are superior at vet 5. Again it makes no sense now that the resource penalty is gone.

Vet should have been reworked as to vet 5 level being equal to vet 3 and the vet 5 is reached at the same time as vet 3 would, if equal experience is gained. I mean, we know they are not going to change something that major for all units, so this is the way to go with it.

Although I understand what you want to explain about the vet 3-5 discussion I do think that infantry vet 5 is kinda meh against the insane vet 3 of atleast teh USF and Brits, soviets are just meh overal lately). Mostly of the time Volks get out performed from vet 0 til vet 5 (if you take into account that their counters are vet 3). I've tested the patch mod for atleast 1,5 weeks now and do think that the AI posibility for volks is way better now, but not into OP with their vet 5, same goes for all other infantry. Obers, Falls, JLI and Panzerfusseliers have always performed good from vet 0 to vet 5 if you use them the right way.

If you go and look into the tanks than I'd think the vet 5 advantage in the long run has to been showed into the fuel cost. Where as the Pz4 of the OKW cost 10 fuel more than the Ostheer variant is 1: Armor skirts from start 2: 2 more vet levels. Jpz4 55 (if you count a SU-76 as AT) to 15 fuel more expensive then all dedicated AT units. Puma and AA HT cost are fine in my opinion and the Panther and Luch should cost more in my opinion. The better stats and the posibility to reach vet 5 should make the Panther cost 200 fuel and the luch should go to 70-75.

Mostly of the time you see the vet 5 justification into the MP/Fuel requirement of the unit, since most of the units cost more than their counterparts. Vet 5 should stay into the game since it's 1 of the least things that makes the faction unique.
2 Dec 2015, 10:35 AM

Although I understand what you want to explain about the vet 3-5 discussion I do think that infantry vet 5 is kinda meh against the insane vet 3 of atleast teh USF and Brits, soviets are just meh overal lately).

Read patch notes.
Commandos don't scale at all, Tommies got nerfed really hard and have one of weakest vet bonuses in game now.
2 Dec 2015, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 10:25 AMUGBEAR
OKW is always the top joyful faction for teamed game for, not only vast pool of end-game units, great scaling,but due to vast selection of units, their commanders selection are not as restricted as US/Soviet

Probably OKW has the most non restricting doctrines to go, if you take into account that you don't need a MG34 to deal against blobs. If OKW gets a stock MG34 it will open so many strats to go.

Please relic come fast with the custom commanders. MG34, Falls, the upcoming radar detection on HQ's, Pak 43 and a Jagdtiger (which is so accessable in the new patch). Would be lots of fun
2 Dec 2015, 10:36 AM

Read patch notes.
Commandos don't scale at all, Tommies got nerfed really hard and have one of weakest vet bonuses in game now.

Commando's got nerfed to hard last patch (already mentioned in some posts of myself) and in the balance mod some of those changes were reverted, but as you mention I do see that they're still in the december 3th notes. RELIC!!!
2 Dec 2015, 10:37 AM

Not for Balance wise, but I think it's kinda fair to let OKW being flavor of the month again, otherwise lelic will nerf Churchill instead
2 Dec 2015, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 10:37 AMUGBEAR
Not for Balance wise, but I think it's kinda fair to let OKW being flavor of the month again, otherwise lelic will nerf Churchill instead

All the churchills will get nerfed way too hard.

Come on who will go churchill for 180 fuel if you can get a comet for 185 fuel which can deal with way more tanks (although it should get a penetration buff) and who will get a Crocodile for 230 fuel if you can be way more flexible with 2 cromwells for even less the cost
2 Dec 2015, 10:43 AM

1. Because their stock units are garbage

I stopped right there.

Sturmpioneers.
Stuka zu fuss
Pz IV with armor of a Panther
Panther
Obers
KT
Puma
Luchs

So weak units... So useless
2 Dec 2015, 11:29 AM

Commando's got nerfed to hard last patch (already mentioned in some posts of myself) and in the balance mod some of those changes were reverted, but as you mention I do see that they're still in the december 3th notes. RELIC!!!

Relic is awesome :snfPeter:
We don't even know if notes are real unless stat diggers confirm them, GJ relic QA team! :sibPheasant:
2 Dec 2015, 11:31 AM

Relic is awesome :snfPeter:
We don't even know if notes are real unless stat diggers confirm them, GJ relic QA team! :sibPheasant:

True
2 Dec 2015, 11:49 AM

Although I understand what you want to explain about the vet 3-5 discussion I do think that infantry vet 5 is kinda meh against the insane vet 3 of atleast teh USF and Brits, soviets are just meh overal lately). Mostly of the time Volks get out performed from vet 0 til vet 5 (if you take into account that their counters are vet 3). I've tested the patch mod for atleast 1,5 weeks now and do think that the AI posibility for volks is way better now, but not into OP with their vet 5, same goes for all other infantry. Obers, Falls, JLI and Panzerfusseliers have always performed good from vet 0 to vet 5 if you use them the right way.

If you go and look into the tanks than I'd think the vet 5 advantage in the long run has to been showed into the fuel cost. Where as the Pz4 of the OKW cost 10 fuel more than the Ostheer variant is 1: Armor skirts from start 2: 2 more vet levels. Jpz4 55 (if you count a SU-76 as AT) to 15 fuel more expensive then all dedicated AT units. Puma and AA HT cost are fine in my opinion and the Panther and Luch should cost more in my opinion. The better stats and the posibility to reach vet 5 should make the Panther cost 200 fuel and the luch should go to 70-75.

Mostly of the time you see the vet 5 justification into the MP/Fuel requirement of the unit, since most of the units cost more than their counterparts. Vet 5 should stay into the game since it's 1 of the least things that makes the faction unique.

Agreed.
2 Dec 2015, 11:52 AM

Read patch notes.

Yet they get cover bonuses right of the bat. Still they changed some stats back to pre nerf, but then didn't include them in the official patch right? :foreveralone:
2 Dec 2015, 12:02 PM

Yet they get cover bonuses right of the bat. Still they changed some stats back to pre nerf, but then didn't include them in the official patch right? :foreveralone:

0.8->0.9 target size

vet 2 0.66->0.76 rec. acc bonus

Is final. I personally don't think you can fight grens & volks cost effective with that changes, especially since you can't bolster right of the bat... but we will have to see.
2 Dec 2015, 12:23 PM

0.8->0.9 target size

vet 2 0.66->0.76 rec. acc bonus

Is final. I personally don't think you can fight grens & volks cost effective with that changes, especially since you can't bolster right of the bat... but we will have to see.

What, but they made a final change that reverted some of those changes in the mod right? Bolster has been nerfed as well cost wise :foreveralone:

I assume OKW will be nerfed hard again next patch..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★