Login

russian armor

Croc price increase too much?

29 Nov 2015, 01:12 AM

Nowhere did I bash him or say he was inexperienced. In fact I even acknowledged he was experienced in 2v2, all I said that was he didn't have a lot of games in 1v1 automatch, at least enough to say with full confidence (in my opinion) that automatch 1v1 is not valuable in terms of balance speculating. He says he plays more in 1v1 custom, so who am I to argue? I just disagreed with him on the value of 1v1 automatch in observing balance.

Please, let's get back on topic. All I wanted to do was state my opinion on the current state of the Croc and add my two cents on Lemon's statement of 60% of automatch games being worthless - I did not intend for the thread to get derailed this much.
29 Nov 2015, 03:33 AM

Good way to derail you own thread and what are you British fanboy?

I wouldn't have 90% games as axis, 10 % as allies if I was British fanboy, but everyone in this forum knows u are axis fanboy
29 Nov 2015, 05:21 AM

I don't know about this change, 640/230 is the price of a tiger, which, surprisingly for some people, can clear AT guns with ease too. Also, I can't imagine a player "pulling a win out of the ass" with a croc, because if the brit is behind, there likely won't be any other tanks for him, and he will have to rely on 6pounders for AT, while the other guy has 2 mediums/a heavy on the field. In that situation, croc is completely worthless, your map control is denied, and you'll lose in a straight engagement.
29 Nov 2015, 05:22 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

add my two cents on Lemon's statement of 60% of automatch games being worthless - I did not intend for the thread to get derailed this much.

It's worthless in the sense that more than 50% of the time you are gonna be matched up against people with +500 rank above you cause the playerbase is small. There's only 100 or so people in the world who can give you a challenge.
Different story is if you have a lower rank on which the automatch can prove useful as there is a wider roster of players who can give you a "balanced" match.

Ontopic: 200f should be enough
29 Nov 2015, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 12:44 PMKatitof
Seriously, posts like this make me facepalm.
You facepalm too easily. I only do it when I see players with 7000+ posts acting like they know shit, despite playing the actual game once every full moon. Stop jumping at other players the moment you disagree with them, especially when you barely play the game yourself. This is common sense.

The synergy between 6 Pounders + Flamer Croc was too strong, that´s the point. Whether Relic overnerfed the Croc is another one. Yet it needed to be nerfed.
29 Nov 2015, 11:37 AM

i believe that after the Croc nerf many people will understand that there are not many options to win as the british other then the enemy being a dumbass and make alot of mistakes.
29 Nov 2015, 12:05 PM

LOL all you need to do is use combined arms and play better than your opponent,as it should be.
Right now the tactic is to rely on a few units such as croc ,cromwell spam,sniper and 5-men IS,wow such skill.

Wait for the patch,play at least 10-20(1vs1) games and then come back to discuss further.
29 Nov 2015, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 21:55 PMAladdin

I would have believed you only if you were not an axis fanboy Strategist

Croc + normal churchill + 2 at guns is stronger than tiger and 2 at guns.

Really. I know it by playing games. Last game i was loosing but in the end comes magicall churchill + croco , reast infantry , while andvil 3 lmg 210 mp infantry defeats anything that does not die to croco and while crocs were taking damage from tiger AT guns defeated him.

Hovewer i think cost increase is OK and vet too but the range now is unneeded
29 Nov 2015, 12:32 PM

Croc + normal churchill + 2 at guns is stronger than tiger and 2 at guns.

Its also 400+ fuel(+ ~200fu tech costs) vs 230(since we're talking balance preview).

So yea, we have some resource disparity here and that is without menpower disparity for the units.
29 Nov 2015, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 12:32 PMKatitof

Its also 400+ fuel(+ ~200fu tech costs) vs 230(since we're talking balance preview).

So yea, we have some resource disparity here and that is without menpower disparity for the units.

So what you you say to this. After i killed first tiger , he called in second one and killed only normal churchill until he died.

Yes it was l2p issue to not build any vehicles before tiger , but i think this thread is whole about vacuum performance
29 Nov 2015, 12:54 PM

Yes it was l2p issue to not build any vehicles before tiger , but i think this thread is whole about vacuum performance

I agree, however I also believe many people in support to the cost increase haven't played with range reduced croc on preview.

It have FHT flamer range and slow speed, I don't believe it keeps cost efficiency level for the old price(ok, it is worth that 180fu) and it got just 50 more fuel cost for no apparent reason other then for the sake of further nerfs lelic style.
29 Nov 2015, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 12:54 PMKatitof

I agree, however I also believe many people in support to the cost increase haven't played with range reduced croc on preview.

It have FHT flamer range and slow speed, I don't believe it keeps cost efficiency level for the old price(ok, it is worth that 180fu) and it got just 50 more fuel cost for no apparent reason other then for the sake of further nerfs lelic style.

I think give it fuel increase and revert range
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS