Login

russian armor

Soviet Industry Balance Preview.

27 Nov 2015, 18:33 PM

Soviet Industry
Removing this ability that allows players to manipulate their resource with no counter play involved.

Ability replaced Allied Supply Drop

KV2:
Bringing this unit in line with other heavy vehicles

Population reduced from 24 to 19
HP increased from 800 to 1040

KV-2 needs to be looked at and CP and Fuel cost adjusted to the removal of fuel conversion.

Instead of replacing "Soviet Industry", I would suggest some changes that might help the ability become viable, and make T-34/76 used more.

The changes could include the following:

Remove Manpower to fuel conversion.
Keep faster vehicle production.

Introduce one or more of the following:

Increase pop/upkeep of infantry by 10% reduce pop of T34/76 by 10%
This change aims at allowing Industry players to create and maintain a bigger T34/76 army.

Allow T-34/76 to cap without having their weapons disabled...
This change aim to compensate the luck of capping power from the previous change.

Increase the price of the "Mechanized Armor Kampaneya" (M.A.K) by 20-40 fuel and decrease the fuel "Tankoviy Battalion Command" (T.B.C) by 20-40 if M.A.K. is built first. Allow M.A.K. to built without a T.B.C. but allowing access only to T34/76. The T.B.C. would unlock the rest of the vehicles.

This change aims at allowing early T-34/76 access making the Soviet industry commander a T-34/76 specialized commander. T-34/76 fits the role a "industry" commander average and can be produced in numbers.

Alternative another version of a doctrinal T34/76 could be available.

Another approach would be have soviet industry ability to change some of the vehicle fuel cost (10%-20%) to manpower and some of the Vehicle upkeep from manpower to fuel.

This change aim at allowing easier building vehicles but harder maintaining them.

27 Nov 2015, 21:53 PM

Can you please simply learn that tankoviy building is tier3 (because its third engineer build building ) and mechanized is tier4

Please use it and everyone will be more happy.

Like in your prvious thread. There are some letters and dots, and cant realise whitch one drop is whitch one becuase i dont know thier name.

Simply one is soviet (lend lease munny to fuel)
and another one is german / ostheer one (supplay drop on fuel/ munny for manpower)

Dont make everything all that complicated , its not rocket science.

ON TOPIC: i dont like that idea. I would be much happir if they simply buff kv2 and replace crew self reapair with something usefull like soviet war machine (50 fuel , 30 second , all heavy tanks that are lost are replaced with t34/76 , all medium tanks are replaced with t70 and all light vehicles lost are replaced with m3 UP to 300 lost units fuel cost[so if you loose 1 kv2 and one t34/76 abiity will cease] , then stop ability).
27 Nov 2015, 22:21 PM

Let me try to make it more simple for you First I write all the words then just the initials:
"Mechanized Armor Kampaneya" (M.A.K)
"Tankoviy Battalion Command" (T.B.C)

War machine like abilities promotes reckless play and are generally bad, imo that is...
29 Nov 2015, 11:16 AM

Another option would be instead of the A.S.D. replacing soviet industry to get an ability similar "Engineer Salvage Kits" of the tank hunter commander.

Maybe have it work only in allied wrecks, give only fuel and keep the speed production boost.
29 Nov 2015, 11:32 AM

KV-2 needs a defined role because currently it doesn't have one. It's not a damage sponge like Tiger and Churchill, doesn't have a good all around gun (also like tiger), it's not an artillery piece nor is it a siege weapon.

Simple and boring solution, make it an artillery piece like Priest. But I would like to see it as a true siege weapon in a manner like this:

It should set up and enter siege mode in friendly territory to be able to shoot, it also locks the territory down. Then, it should fire a big explosive shell (something like AVRE/Stiger) or an AT shell. The type of the shell is decided by the player. A manual and long reload is also needed.

Fix KV-2 and we're done. Supply drop is OK if you ask me.
29 Nov 2015, 12:55 PM

All you need to do to balance it, is to give it proper reload value with vet (11sec with vet 3 is a nightmare) and range boost with vet 3 for barrage mode to 85 or 90.

29 Nov 2015, 13:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 11:32 AMRMMLz
KV-2 needs a defined role because currently it doesn't have one. It's not a damage sponge like Tiger and Churchill, doesn't have a good all around gun (also like tiger), it's not an artillery piece nor is it a siege weapon.

Simple and boring solution, make it an artillery piece like Priest. But I would like to see it as a true siege weapon in a manner like this:

It should set up and enter siege mode in friendly territory to be able to shoot, it also locks the territory down. Then, it should fire a big explosive shell (something like AVRE/Stiger) or an AT shell. The type of the shell is decided by the player. A manual and long reload is also needed.

KV-8 (152mm) cant shoot rounds used by AVRE (280mm) or Sturmtiger(380mm) becouse its shells are many times smaller and it would look stupid. What it can do is use exact same shell stats as ISU-152 with range disadvantaged to 40 in standard mode and 50 in lock mode and advantage of rotating turret. Just having ability to switch rounds to AP with ISU penetration is enough to make it viable.
29 Nov 2015, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 11:32 AMRMMLz

For me the kv2 has the role of an mobile arty platform and infantry wipe machine, a job at which is pretty good if you ask me. maybe you must see the kv2 as a moveable ML-20 howitser, bcs it has quite some range certainly in the inmobile mode with vet3 you have a lot of range. less range then a howitser of course, but you have the advantage that you can move the kv2 while your ML-20 can't. It can also be effective vs tanks if you can flank but thats it.
29 Nov 2015, 13:47 PM

Give the KV2 suppression when deployed. In that way it would a true AI monster.
29 Nov 2015, 14:40 PM

KV-8 (152mm) cant shoot rounds used by AVRE (280mm) or Sturmtiger(380mm) becouse its shells are many times smaller and it would look stupid. What it can do is use exact same shell stats as ISU-152 with range disadvantaged to 40 in standard mode and 50 in lock mode and advantage of rotating turret. Just having ability to switch rounds to AP with ISU penetration is enough to make it viable.

Balance comes first. And you basically want it to be ISU152 V.2 which is boring. Although it would still be better than what it is now.

For me the kv2 has the role of an mobile arty platform and infantry wipe machine, a job at which is pretty good if you ask me. maybe you must see the kv2 as a moveable ML-20 howitser, bcs it has quite some range certainly in the inmobile mode with vet3 you have a lot of range. less range then a howitser of course, but you have the advantage that you can move the kv2 while your ML-20 can't. It can also be effective vs tanks if you can flank but thats it.

That's the problem, it is not an artillery piece right now judging by the stats. As I've said, I would like it to have a defined role even if they decide to make it an artillery piece. But just for the sake of flavor and new mechanics, I would be happy to see it as a real siege weapon. One more thing, you can't really flank with KV-2. If you can your enemy is probably a n00b.
29 Nov 2015, 14:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Supression looks interesting and reload fix.
29 Nov 2015, 14:51 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 14:40 PMRMMLz

Balance comes first. And you basically want it to be ISU152 V.2 which is boring. Although it would still be better than what it is now.

Well, I want it to be ISU with turret and hull down. It is far more interesting than carbon copy of AVRE. At least my proposition has differences from ISU design. Copying AVRE would mean it is exactly same.
29 Nov 2015, 15:01 PM
Patrion 14

Please, no suppresion...
29 Nov 2015, 15:03 PM

Well, I want it to be ISU with turret and hull down. It is far more interesting than carbon copy of AVRE. At least my proposition has differences from ISU design. Copying AVRE would mean it is exactly same.

Apparently you didn't fully read my OP. Who said anything about a copy of AVRE?
29 Nov 2015, 15:09 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 15:03 PMRMMLz

Apparently you didn't fully read my OP. Who said anything about a copy of AVRE?

I did. It is a turreted vehicle that shoots big, quinn duffy style, explosive rounds. What you did add was territory lockdown, range and AP round but:

What AVRE shoot is basically also an AP round, also to use it against tanks it would need zero scatter and that would mean making it impossible to counter wiping machine against both inf ant tanks, especially if it had some range and shot over shotblockers.

Terriroty lockdown is kind of cosmetic feature, but also one that may not be liked by many players.
29 Nov 2015, 15:36 PM

For one the sight and damage (on changing modes) penalties can go .

Cp needs to be lower and probably price...I would even remove the 1 limit or make it 2-3.
29 Nov 2015, 15:55 PM

How far is KV-2 range in deployed mode? Can it outrange the Pak emplacement?
29 Nov 2015, 16:05 PM

Its the same and huge scatter means its quite one way combat to get PaK43 to vet3.
29 Nov 2015, 16:06 PM

It's 70 range and 80 with vet 2.

And by the way, crew repair must be replaced with something else becaue currently it's too heavy on ammo.

Ammo for fuel, ammo for repairs station and ammo for crew repairs. That's too much just for ammo
29 Nov 2015, 16:24 PM

Soviet Industry replaced with Lend Lease drop is huge nerf to the doctrine.
1. Planes can be shot down by AA
1.1 Kamikaze planes fall on your side of the map
2. Now it's munition starving doctrine
3. No quick building

In my opinion, "Soviet Industry" should be like "Redistribute Resources" (convert X Manpower into Y Fuel + decreased buildtime)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★