Login

russian armor

How to counter sturmtiger

27 Nov 2015, 15:25 PM

If this thread have been posted 8 month earlier it would have been a troll post. I fail to see the sympathy this unit attract now it is a callin as it was one of the weakest unit of the old OKW linup. I know i know, cost and build times... but still, this is the very same unit as before, able to kill 8 squads in one shot of fail miserably and die in the process, wasting an enormous amount of ressources.

Basically, "how to counter the ST" is to make him shot at nothing important and watch it retreat and hide for 156498 minutes of reloading.

I think i saw more trollvids about ST than anything else.

Kozo.
27 Nov 2015, 15:43 PM

Captured IR halftrack :megusta:
27 Nov 2015, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 11:26 AMStafkeh
:wave:

I don't understand the point of the Sturmtiger. Its just designed to squad wipe / one shot units... What is the fun of that.

Played on La Gleize as brits vs OKW. He got a sturmtiger on the field. Killed two squads and a Cromwell. After that I could chase it down 5 minutes later with the AEC scout car.

After this game went on pretty even again. But after his P4 (I got a Comet to counter it) he made another Sturmtiger... It fired one shot on the comet and the P4 only need one more shot.

How do you counter a Sturmtiger? It counters infantry and tanks. I know its a skillshot, but you can miss by a mile and still kill a full squad (happened a few times).

Should you call in a plane to keep it off the field so it can't reload? I have no idea how to counter that squad wipe machine.

rekt
27 Nov 2015, 16:45 PM

Can it still shot throught buldings ?
27 Nov 2015, 16:50 PM
Donator 33

27 Nov 2015, 17:01 PM

Yes Hector.

Oh crap , then this la glietze it deathtrap agains this unit.

But la glieze is death trap for british so i dont know why OP does not veto it.

Im not fan of this type of unit . Or even fan of avre. Every time i seee it rather retreat with my infantrey and what is worst that unit (avre) is autoseeking its cannot before firing so you dont know if it strated countdown or not.

Sturmtiger is not great unit too because it can shot behind LOS and throught shotblockers so it can kill units before they can react. At least that doctrine is niche and does not give okw anything great in 1vs1 so you can outcome him before he get S-tiger
27 Nov 2015, 19:47 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 16:27 PMBurmie

rekt

;) well played btw

I had no idea how to counter that thing. Next time you won't be able to pull of that crazy shit! :D
4 Dec 2015, 13:48 PM
Patrion 14

Avre and Sturmtiger are the most cancerous units this game has to offer.
It makes me lose all fun the moment one of those things hit the field, it literally makes just give up and not care about the game anymore.

All people who say these 2 units are fine are strange and have never experienced fighting against those things.

Imagine microing like crazy for 30 minutes straight, literally not losing a single Squad and then those things arrive, it disgusts me. No skill involved using them and impossible to dodge it.

Maby it's because i play USF the most, the ST literally oneshots shermans and jacksons. It makes me rage when comparing this to people saying the ost sniper needed a health increase because mortars/Rockets one shot them randomly. Imagine a sherman and a Jackson being oneshotted by this thing while you clicked reverse ages ago because pathing. How is this any different? I might as well say buff the sherman and jacksons health so it won't be one shotted, because i fucking invested huge amounts of fuel and manpower in these things.
4 Dec 2015, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 13:48 PMLooney
Avre and Sturmtiger are the most cancerous units this game has to offer.
It makes me lose all fun the moment one of those things hit the field, it literally makes just give up and not care about the game anymore.

All people who say these 2 units are fine are strange and have never experienced fighting against those things.

Imagine microing like crazy for 30 minutes straight, literally not losing a single Squad and then those things arrive, it disgusts me. No skill involved using them and impossible to dodge it.

Maby it's because i play USF the most, the ST literally oneshots shermans and jacksons. It makes me rage when comparing this to people saying the ost sniper needed a health increase because mortars/Rockets one shot them randomly. Imagine a sherman and a Jackson being oneshotted by this thing while you clicked reverse ages ago because pathing. How is this any different? I might as well say buff the sherman and jacksons health so it won't be one shotted, because i fucking invested huge amounts of fuel and manpower in these things.

Remove from game -->> RELIC!!!
4 Dec 2015, 15:51 PM

AVRE is nowhere close to Sturmtiger. Sure, it has turrert, reload on a move etc but all of those points are useless when Sturmtiger can shoot from Fog of War.

As for the counter, you can't :megusta:

Credits to Dusty

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight