Login

russian armor

inefficiency of panthers

27 Nov 2015, 07:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 02:13 AMVuther

Wait really? Are you saying it's basically bullets in this game?...then doesn't that mean received accuracy bonuses work against it!? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

you never seen a comet's shot phasing harmlessly through a tank before?

technically the firefly have the same problem, but its accuracy is so high that it almost never roll a miss.
27 Nov 2015, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 08:12 AMKatitof

It wasn't axis who used gun stabilizers and were able to shoot on the move to a point.

Gun stabilizers was a recless try to compensate the inferiority of allied armor on the battlefield. Why recless? Because they stayed inferior, with or without gun stabilizers. They could not compete with ze krupp stahl krafted wonder machines no matter how hard the truth pisses you off. B-):nahnah:
27 Nov 2015, 10:24 AM

You say others 'Don't bring history on balance thread' and bring out history when you want, huh?:facepalm:
Go play other game if you want more historical accuracy.

Historical arguments shouldn't apply if they are breaking balance.

Bit better accuracy on the move for allied armor with inferior stats, especially defensive ones and often lower penetration as well doesn't break the balance in any way, what it does on the other hand is applying historical flavor within the balance.

For the same reason P4 have better armor then T34/76.

You're so lost in the dark that you've confused me with realism seeking, mad zealots.

Now, surprise for you: con and gren squads are somewhat historically accurate as well, just historically these were 12 and 8 man squads, so you have lowere scale, but historical proportion of units. Will you jump on relic how they made this historically accurate as well?
27 Nov 2015, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 10:24 AMKatitof

Historical arguments shouldn't apply if they are breaking balance.

Bit better accuracy on the move for allied armor with inferior stats, especially defensive ones and often lower penetration as well doesn't break the balance in any way, what it does on the other hand is applying historical flavor within the balance.

For the same reason P4 have better armor then T34/76.

You're so lost in the dark that you've confused me with realism seeking, mad zealots.

Now, surprise for you: con and gren squads are somewhat historically accurate as well, just historically these were 12 and 8 man squads, so you have lowere scale, but historical proportion of units. Will you jump on relic how they made this historically accurate as well?

Jesus Katitof, surprise for you, but German squads were not 8 man strong, speaking of historical flavour and all that jazz.
27 Nov 2015, 10:41 AM

Jesus Katitof, surprise for you, but German squads were not 8 man strong, speaking of historical flavour and all that jazz.

Mechanized formations, which clearly is supported by ost T2 were 8 men strong. It was decreased from standard 10 man formations for the really simply reason of transports not having more space in them.

Non motorized infantry hordes were 10 man squads, which makes it historically accurate for units like volks(no transport in the army) as well as grens and pgrens in the context of ost T2(251 and we could argue 250).

I come to class prepared.
27 Nov 2015, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 10:41 AMKatitof

Mechanized formations, which clearly is supported by ost T2 were 8 men strong. It was decreased from standard 10 man formations for the really simply reason of transports not having more space in them.

Non motorized infantry hordes were 10 man squads, which makes it historically accurate for units like volks(no transport in the army) as well as grens and pgrens in the context of ost T2(251 and we could argue 250).

I come to class prepared.

No, you did not. I hear the sound of frantic googling in the background...
Grenadier squads, as in the footslogger/horse-supported flesh and bone of the Wehrmacht combat arms post 1943 (you know, 90% of the German army) were 9 strong. German mainline infantry squad size decreased throughout the war from an inital 12 to 9, but never further.
28 Nov 2015, 02:27 AM

You may be both correct if the squad size is including the officer/squad leader or not.
28 Nov 2015, 03:19 AM

The panther can already match the more expensive pershing in a 1 on 1 slug fight.

Its rof might be low, but its high armor and high penetration allow it to match and even defeat more expensive tanks like the is2, Comet and pershing.

The panther will completely dominate tank battle if it got a rof increase. Its slow rof is clearly intentional to keep allied medium tanks relevant.
28 Nov 2015, 04:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 22:53 PMassbag
Now that relic apparently reads thease forums I'd like to resurrect this old topic; inefficiency of panthers. Not only are they very expensive to tech and the units themselves are expensive. With the recent pop cap reduction for heavies they also became pop inefficent units too. Why would you take 16 pop panther over 19 pop tiger? Or compare it to 16 pop pershing which has similiar at capabilities and is also godly against infantry :snfPeter:

Ostheer T3 on the other hand has more efficent units despite being cheaper. Only 80 fuel stug which only takes 8 pop (probably too efficent since Pak takes 9). I'd take two stugs over one panther anyday.

Panthers imo should get pop reduction to 14 like jacksons and fireflys and get a slight price decrease or give them a dual purpose gun.

Because panthers are op !!!
panther is simply better then pershing and commet when it comes to 1v1
Perfect tank fast tanky no penetration allowed ...
Poor pershing its a heavy tank much more expensive and still losing 1 v1
Same with commet
Tiger is slower front armore is lower its more expensive

The only reson why allice didnt got normal strong tanks just cos aixe players would rage and abbandon the game .

How dare alllice get batter tanks :O
28 Nov 2015, 06:50 AM

The amount of troll in this thread is too high. Panther does not need any nerfs.
28 Nov 2015, 09:42 AM

you never seen a comet's shot phasing harmlessly through a tank before?

technically the firefly have the same problem, but its accuracy is so high that it almost never roll a miss.

Worst think with no projectile is that tank with that cannot hit anything behind smoke.

SO your panther with a sliver of health use smoke. You attack ground with comet , but it can never hit that panther because of no projectile.

Panther use blitz and get behind pak wall. Comet pursue him get hit by teller mine and die to pakfire.

I think its fair isnt it ?

NOTE: I did everything i can to counter smoke i attacked ground but ...
28 Nov 2015, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 04:28 AMbicho1

Because panthers are op !!!
panther is simply better then pershing and commet when it comes to 1v1
Perfect tank fast tanky no penetration allowed ...
Poor pershing its a heavy tank much more expensive and still losing 1 v1
Same with commet
Tiger is slower front armore is lower its more expensive

The only reson why allice didnt got normal strong tanks just cos aixe players would rage and abbandon the game .

How dare alllice get batter tanks :O

Dedicated heavy tank hunter kills generalist heavy tanks the horror.
28 Nov 2015, 18:47 PM

Buff its accuracy on the move a bit, and decrease Ostheer T4 teching costs already.

There, Panther is balanced.
28 Nov 2015, 23:11 PM

nerf the front armour and increase rof would be my suggestion.

28 Nov 2015, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 07:54 AMJohnnyB

Gun stabilizers was a recless try to compensate the inferiority of allied armor on the battlefield. Why recless? Because they stayed inferior, with or without gun stabilizers. They could not compete with ze krupp stahl krafted wonder machines no matter how hard the truth pisses you off. B-):nahnah:

And for this reason nazi won the war.

Panther overperforming hard. Best armour, best penetration, faster rof then Jackson and best speed.
29 Nov 2015, 00:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 23:11 PMGrim
nerf the front armour and increase rof would be my suggestion.

Panther shot faster then Jackson.
29 Nov 2015, 00:07 AM

A panther isn't cost effective, but it shouldn't be. It's not about being cost effective: it's about being so beefy that your opponent can't do shit about it.

Also I would advise against decreasing the cost of Ost t4. The reason it has a similar cost to ost t3 is simple. It is entirely viable to skip Ost t3 for T4. If you decrease the cost, you actually make this easier. This is why they have nearly identical costs for tech, with the main difference being unit costs.

You could justify decreasing the cost of t4 units themselves, but adjusting the tech building or battlephase would be a bad idea. It's really important to keep in mind that Battlephase being divorced from structure costs is what allows Ostheer to have some semblance of tech diversity.

29 Nov 2015, 01:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2015, 23:59 PMAradan

And for this reason nazi won the war.

Panther overperforming hard. Best armour, best penetration, faster rof then Jackson and best speed.

Faster rof then Jackson? You have failed to prove you know their stats well.
29 Nov 2015, 02:15 AM

A panther isn't cost effective, but it shouldn't be. It's not about being cost effective: it's about being so beefy that your opponent can't do shit about it.

Also I would advise against decreasing the cost of Ost t4. The reason it has a similar cost to ost t3 is simple. It is entirely viable to skip Ost t3 for T4. If you decrease the cost, you actually make this easier. This is why they have nearly identical costs for tech, with the main difference being unit costs.

You could justify decreasing the cost of t4 units themselves, but adjusting the tech building or battlephase would be a bad idea. It's really important to keep in mind that Battlephase being divorced from structure costs is what allows Ostheer to have some semblance of tech diversity.

The cost of T4 should be reduced. I have a suggestion post:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/43668/ostheer-bp3-t4-tech-tree-cost-proposal-solution
29 Nov 2015, 08:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 01:59 AMatouba

Faster rof then Jackson? You have failed to prove you know their stats well.

Panther rof 6,5 sec
Jackson rof 7,25 sec

Maybie I have old stats? Can you post something actual?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★