Login

russian armor

New and improved USF Recon Company idea(s)

21 Nov 2015, 02:26 AM
Patrion 27

I'll try to keep this brief.

1 CP Forward Observers: now that the bugs are fixed I like this ability. the only change is to display the icon while a rifle is garrisoned.

EDIT: Combine this ability with Riflemen Flares from Rifle Company since neither ability is worthy of an entire commander slot and they're both recon related.

2 CP IR Pathfinders: These guys leave something to be desired, but for 210 mp I think they are fine too.

3 CP Greyhound: This needs to have the main gun upgraded to the same M3 37mm (thanks BeefSurge) gun that the Stuart has just like IRL. The shot blast could use a slight buff too but the main gun is what will make this unit viable.

4 CP High-Altitude Recon: Another ability that is fine. They can't be shot down for those who don't realize this.

7 CP Combat Group: Here's the real candidate for a serious overhaul. I was playing with a UKF mate and it dawned on me: change this into a glider call in that brings you one Paratrooper and lets you spawn new Paratrooper units and as a forward reinforce point instead of the God-awful unmanned 57mm and two bazooka squads.

What do you think?
21 Nov 2015, 03:13 AM

I agree OP.

For the record the Stuart and Greyhound use 37mm guns.
21 Nov 2015, 03:30 AM

I don't think the Greyhound really needs buffs.

The big problem with this doctrine is the I&R pathfinder arty is way too expensive. The combat group is dumb too, I'd much rather see it be 500-600 manpower and drop one paratrooper and an AT gun. Maybe throw in a 0.50 cal in there too.

21 Nov 2015, 03:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The Greyhound is fine, it one-shots Axis infantry with it's canister shot, even if they are retreating.

The real lackluster ability is the 7CP Combat Group. I'd replace it with better late-game firepower. Say "240mm Precision Artillery Strike" for 12CP, like the ability from the Rangers in Ardennes Assault but change the shell to Railway arty.

Recon enemy positions and Bombard them with arty.
21 Nov 2015, 04:26 AM
Developer Relic Badge

My thoughts on the doctrine:

Forward Observers: Relatively fine, though be nice if there were fewer restrictions such as working in combat.

IR Pathfinder: Not much, but I think one sniper rifle would be nice.

Greyhound: Rather than mirroring the Stuart, make it shoot faster so it's like a T-70 lite. Also, be nice if it could get a .50cal. Pretty sure it has animations for it, even if it'd look weird in that tiny turret. Not sure on the cost of canister off the top of my head, but could be a tad cheaper.

Recon: Fine.

Combat Group: Glider idea could work

If that's not allowed

Make it around 700-600mp, remove the 57mm, and ensure that it is consistent. One unit gets double bazookas with an ability related to engaging armour, the other could be an Thompson squad which mirrors the regular Airborne.
21 Nov 2015, 04:35 AM
Patrion 27

My thoughts on the doctrine:

Forward Observers: Relatively fine, though be nice if there were fewer restrictions such as working in combat.

IR Pathfinder: Not much, but I think one sniper rifle would be nice.

Greyhound: Rather than mirroring the Stuart, make it shoot faster so it's like a T-70 lite. Also, be nice if it could get a .50cal. Pretty sure it has animations for it, even if it'd look weird in that tiny turret. Not sure on the cost of canister off the top of my head, but could be a tad cheaper.

Recon: Fine.

Combat Group: Glider idea could work

If that's not allowed

Make it around 700-600mp, remove the 57mm, and ensure that it is consistent. One unit gets double bazookas with an ability related to engaging armour, the other could be an Thompson squad which mirrors the regular Airborne.

I figured something like 500 mp, glider drops, normal (Airborne 3 cp) Paratrooper drops from it (why the hell do the recon Paras get m7 mines instead of regen wtf?!?!?!) with NO 57mm. GLider mirrors the Brits with reinforce and low health.

In theory a para-drop 57mm let's you skip Captain tier but in practice it's garbage, absolute hot-trash. Just make it the same Paras as Airborne to give us some overlap and consistency.
21 Nov 2015, 04:45 AM

that i&r arty definitely need reduction in cost as well as the combat group and that i&r arty looks sexy btw
21 Nov 2015, 04:48 AM
Patrion 27

that i&r arty definitely need reduction in cost as well as the combat group and that i&r arty looks sexy btw

IR cost is fine. Any cheaper and it would absolutely nullify any forward placed SWS trucks.

Combat Group is straight up bad. Replace with Glider that Spawns a Paratrooper (paratrooper officer?!) and reinforces your army/builds Paratrooper squads/drops BARs and Zooks (increase cost)
21 Nov 2015, 05:08 AM

If glider is off the table giving recon paratroopers camo would be nice
21 Nov 2015, 05:37 AM
Donator 33

Canister shot hasn't one shotted infantry in ages, get with the times. Price being based on a unit ability was a bad idea in the first place but without canister being worthy of its cost the unit needs a looking at.
21 Nov 2015, 05:43 AM

i would rather just change it so the paratroopers are the same as in the airborne doctrine, you get to choose your upgrades, and the AT gun comes manned already.

the greyhound actually has a pretty good gun compared to the stuart, the biggest drawback being that it deals 60 damage vs 80, but the scatter and AoE are better, with the reload being the same.
21 Nov 2015, 05:50 AM

I'll try to keep this brief.
3 CP Greyhound: This needs to have the main gun upgraded to the same M3 37mm (thanks BeefSurge) gun that the Stuart has just like IRL. The shot blast could use a slight buff too but the main gun is what will make this unit viable.

7 CP Combat Group: Here's the real candidate for a serious overhaul. I was playing with a UKF mate and it dawned on me: change this into a glider call in that brings you one Paratrooper and lets you spawn new Paratrooper units and as a forward reinforce point instead of the God-awful unmanned 57mm and two bazooka squads.

What do you think?

I like it.:thumb:
21 Nov 2015, 06:17 AM
Patrion 27

i would rather just change it so the paratroopers are the same as in the airborne doctrine, you get to choose your upgrades, and the AT gun comes manned already.

the greyhound actually has a pretty good gun compared to the stuart, the biggest drawback being that it deals 60 damage vs 80, but the scatter and AoE are better, with the reload being the same.

3 CP standard Paratroopers has been what I thought the doctrine needed for a long time, and I'd be totally happy with that. The change in the December balance mod for Stormtroopers in tiger Ace commander is the same idea: some redundancy is good.

But I realized USf used plenty of gliders and having one to reinforce your IR Pathfinders and keep bombing an OKW truck would be Nirvana :hansGASM:
21 Nov 2015, 07:06 AM

The change in the December balance mod for Stormtroopers in tiger Ace commander is the same idea: some redundancy is good.

You even tried play in pre-path mod? Stormtroopers is completely useless in tiger Ace commander because gren have Gewers and stunnade.
21 Nov 2015, 07:12 AM
Modmaker Badge

I propose that Airdropped Combat Groups should drop one Paratrooper already upgraded with Thompsons and unmanned 57mm AT Gun for 500 mp. This way, we still get AT and AI in the drop, but the AT is optional or can be taken over by your ally. Giving Paratroopers the Thompson upgrade is more thematic in my opinion, as they are "recon" paras.

Also, change the Paratrooper profile to regular Airborne ones, so their vet and abilities are exactly the same.

I'm not sure how long is the cooldown on this ability, but if what I said is too powerful, then a longer cooldown can be applied too to avoid spam.
21 Nov 2015, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 07:06 AMTAKTCOM

You even tried play in pre-path mod? Stormtroopers is completely useless in tiger Ace commander because gren have Gewers and stunnade.

This is like saying JLI ae bad becuase volks get buff :snfPeter:
21 Nov 2015, 13:13 PM

I think the Greyhound should come at 2 CP, at 3 CP there's already schrecks and AT guns on the field.

Decrease it's price from 40 (wtf?) to 30 or 25 fuel. It already gets rekt by 222s, maybe increase its armored skirts upgrade.

OR: Make it 50 fuel, come at 3 CP, and give it the T-70 gun and better armor.
21 Nov 2015, 13:15 PM

Make Greyhound able to upgrade MG to top and lay mines :snfAmi:
21 Nov 2015, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 07:06 AMTAKTCOM

Have you played the pre-patch mod against real people and every faction in every game mode? If not you are comp stomping and balance isn't based on expert AI.
21 Nov 2015, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 13:13 PMF1sh
I think the Greyhound should come at 2 CP, at 3 CP there's already schrecks and AT guns on the field.

Decrease it's price from 40 (wtf?) to 30 or 25 fuel. It already gets rekt by 222s, maybe increase its armored skirts upgrade.

OR: Make it 50 fuel, come at 3 CP, and give it the T-70 gun and better armor.

When it comes at 2 cp there wont be a Counter on the field for atleast a Minute. Just Park your greyhound in the enemy base and call #gg = Bad idea
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★