Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
20 Nov 2015, 13:49 PM

Any chance above 0 is still a chance. I would like to see the "flying over hostile base" mechanic also applied to the axis drop, to give a little more counterplay. The whole not dropping in base aspect can be considered the tradeoff for having the freedom to trade your manpower (more easily attainable resource) for either fuel or muni.

At least IMO.

I agree with this, and in team games it is even more of an issue because of the increase in the number of base emplacements and Schwers. For instance if the chance to hit the plane is 0.5% per shot, and the OKW base structures each fire 10 rounds (two bursts), and there are 10 of them, you have a 40% chance to shoot down the plane. Even if there are only 5 base 20mm you have a 20% chance. That is pretty good for just picking a faction. Either both planes need to be vulnerable, or neither, because in 3v3 and 4v4 after the 8 minute mark getting Allied supply drop to your base is straight up impossible.

The argument before, that OKW did not have fuel to buy its own AA unit every game, is gone. If you want AA get AA just like everybody else.
20 Nov 2015, 13:55 PM

Permanently Banned
What you guys think about add in Windustry the same system what OKW have to convert MP in fuel ? Coz drop fuel its so bad idea and no faster tanks builds.
20 Nov 2015, 13:56 PM
Patrion 28

The argument before, that OKW did not have fuel to buy its own AA unit every game, is gone. If you want AA get AA just like everybody else.

it was never there to begin with since they start with AA and the get more as part of their tiering. it being immobile is pretty insignificant given how far planes roam and the area the AA covers.
20 Nov 2015, 14:38 PM

They should remove vehicle abandonment this patch :)
20 Nov 2015, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 14:38 PMmedhood
They should remove vehicle abandonment this patch :)

I would rather make it more controllable.

For example, tank cant be abandoned if destroyed frontally, so it should always require to be attacked from the side armor + engine have to be destoyed and chance of being abandoned should be around 10%.

Heavy tanks and tanks like Panther\Comet\Churchill shouldn't be able to have abandon crit, as well as call-in tanks.
20 Nov 2015, 14:57 PM

why do people still complain about volks shrek. yeah sure its a mainline infantry with a portable AT weapon, but they are probably the worst in terms of scaling with allied infantry.
upgraded vet allied infantry will pretty much always beat volks unless youre making a retarded decision to attack a fortified position head on. if you want to deal with enemy infantry effectively youll want to utilize elite infantry/vehicles

people also complain about the homogenization of the factions, and you do realize giving volks panzerfaust and moving the shrek to sturmpioneers is basically what ostheer is right? and then lets move the mg34 to HQ as well! hmm seems familiar.

im 100% ok with volks keeping shreks, i think it adds uniqueness to the faction. in addition allies have a variety of ways to deal with them anyways so yall can just fek off
20 Nov 2015, 15:05 PM

I would rather make it more controllable.

For example, tank cant be abandoned if destroyed frontally, so it should always require to be attacked from the side armor + engine have to be destoyed and chance of being abandoned should be around 10%.

Heavy tanks and tanks like Panther\Comet\Churchill shouldn't be able to have abandon crit, as well as call-in tanks.

First off theres no side armor in CoH2 anyways they should just remove it like they did with blizzards, its affect on the outcome of a game is to big

-People making comebacks because a vehicle got abandoned
-A losing player has no chance of coming back cause his vehicle got abandoned and the enemy has an extra vehicle he has to deal with
-A player not getting punished because his vehicle got abandoned and he just recrews it back

Now I know many people say dont overextend your vehicle to people who complain about abandonment and the punishment should be you having a vehicle destroyed not the enemy getting a vehicle
All you push forward to take out a vehicle and you get it but it gets abandoned so you need to risk your forces even more to take out the now abandoned vehicle that should be dead

I personally dont like this feature at all they should just remove it and put it as an option into custom games
20 Nov 2015, 15:08 PM

why do people still complain about volks shrek. yeah sure its a mainline infantry with a portable AT weapon, but they are probably the worst in terms of scaling with allied infantry.
upgraded vet allied infantry will pretty much always beat volks unless youre making a retarded decision to attack a fortified position head on. if you want to deal with enemy infantry effectively youll want to utilize elite infantry/vehicles

people also complain about the homogenization of the factions, and you do realize giving volks panzerfaust and moving the shrek to sturmpioneers is basically what ostheer is right? and then lets move the mg34 to HQ as well! hmm seems familiar.

im 100% ok with volks keeping shreks, i think it adds uniqueness to the faction. in addition allies have a variety of ways to deal with them anyways so yall can just fek off

Yet elite infy gets further nerfs..??
20 Nov 2015, 15:12 PM

Kubel has no supression, leig had no suppression...
The only way to suppress anything as OKW anymore is to build the flack track, get a vet 4 obersoldaten or choose a doctrine with mg34...

Am i the only one this bothers a little? x.x
20 Nov 2015, 15:22 PM

Yet elite infy gets further nerfs..??

you make it sound like the vet4/5 nerfs make them unplayable.
20 Nov 2015, 15:24 PM

Did some testing with the preview mod.

I managed to get a luchs in 4 minutes and 30 seconds, I could have gotten it faster if I didn't upgrade thorough salvage.

My methodology:

2 kubelwagon start.

Cap with kubels and sturmpio until face resistance (5 strat poitns + fuel point usually)

Call in truck after second kubel

Immediately upgrade mechanized command with truck when it gets on map

Build volksgrenadier.

Build a mine or two in base, place kubels ontop of mine.

Grenade with volks.

Salvage both kubels.

Build luchs.

I also had a panzer iv by around 11 minutes, and if I actually wanted to I could cut that down to less than 10 minutes using the luchs to cap more territory.

EDIT:

Did a more efficient run. Managed to have the Luchs on the field a 4 minutes and 24 seconds.

Here's the replay for those of you with the patch preview downloaded.

To put this in perspective guys, this is about as fast as you can get a flame engineer in a scout car as Soviets.

Imagine what it will do in a 4vs4 match... 4 Luchs raping... hoping at-nades and zooks will be able to contain this.
20 Nov 2015, 15:25 PM

The vet on the tank is fine, the fact that it benefits allied vehicles a huge amount more than makes up for that

Same cost really?, I will let you look up the cost difference (hint: playing soviets once in a while is good)

If you are comparing it to the Brit command vehicle then mega lols. Brit ability cripples whatever piece of armour it is used on while command panther is already better than a regular panther not forgetting its still very mobile, vs the brit one which can only be used defensively because if used on a tank it cannot keep pace in an attack.

Command P4 loses its usefulness vs armour where as the command Panther still retains its combat effectiveness

I didn't know you can spot the other side of the map from the CP in an instant.....

Well done it costs munitions /golf clap. Its easy to spam it lategame in team games and it cannot be countered.

who complains about cheap nades, useful on obers as well giving them 3 grenades to use which work perfect with being a mid-close range unit.

oh yeah the soviet one as soon as you see a tank u can just click it rather than having to risk your tank and get close+free recon from plane and longer duration and not to mention the okw resource penalty(officialy i.e lol)

The comparison i was doing about aura...but still mega lol is on you getting the flexibility for just 75 to choose any vehicle just chose a vehicle on which the speed and reload bonus doesnt matters like avre or bren..lol and not to mention THE FREE RECON PLANES

again i was talking about the aur bonus but command panther doesnt have vet bonus as good as regular panther and yet cost MORE POP CAP..still just compare the price difference in command panther price difference with regular panther...and the preice difference between regular p4 and command panzer

i think u should play okw more often then u may realize how shit the ability for its price is when a recon plane is much better

Again completely missing the point who is complaining about nades i said its available on other doctrines which valdiates my point of being the doctrine being not good

ANd last of all just check how much people use command panther doctrine compared to other doctrines
and to katiof So for better sight it should cost more and more pop cap lol stay classy catty ..meow
Both you and katiof need to play more axis..:lol:..:bananadance:
20 Nov 2015, 15:27 PM

Imagine what it will do in a 4vs4 match... 4 Luchs raping... hoping at-nades and zooks will be able to contain this.

if someone is doing this in 4v4 you should overrun your enemy easily, literally no field presence
20 Nov 2015, 15:28 PM

oh yeah the soviet one as soon as you see a tank u can just click it rather than having to risk your tank and get close+free recon from plane and longer duration and not to mention the okw resource penalty(officialy i.e lol)

The comparison i was doing about aura...but still mega lol is on you getting the flexibility for just 75 to choose any vehicle just chose a vehicle on which the speed and reload bonus doesnt matters like avre or bren..lol and not to mention THE FREE RECON PLANES

again i was talking about the aur bonus but command panther doesnt have vet bonus as good as regular panther and yet cost MORE POP CAP..still just compare the price difference in command panther price difference with regular panther...and the preice difference between regular p4 and command panzer

i think u should play okw more often then u may realize how shit the ability for its price is when a recon plane is much better

Again completely missing the point who is complaining about nades i said its available on other doctrines which valdiates my point of being the doctrine being not good

ANd last of all just check how much people use command panther doctrine compared to other doctrines
and to katiof So for better sight it should cost more and more pop cap lol stay classy catty ..meow

flares is way superior to recon plane. flares are instant, cannot be shot down, and a lot harder to notice than planes appearing on the minimap. stop making yourself look like a fool
20 Nov 2015, 15:30 PM

I agree with the homogenization comment, the requests to add mg34 and shreks to Sturms just means Wehr with a slightly different buildings.

However, about the volks with AT. They do lose to allied infantry (assuming the Allied infantry went with AI upgrades), but their shrek gets them vet quickly, and they get vet 5 every game. They are always threatening to become a blob (cheap AT infantry with reliable AI performance, even a commander that rewards it), and in team games they are outright nasty. They can be rebuilt for cheap if lost, will always rapidly recover vet, can be largely a-moved, and their AT makes them very difficult to control as later German tanks, which require Allied TD's with limited AT, appear. Volks shreks are also extremely potent per shot, meaning when they land on light vehicles they often result in the death of the vehicle. In team games volks become even more effective because of their ability to synergize with suppression tools to such an extent that they cannot be reliably dealt with.

My argument really is, while they may not look threatening in smaller game modes, as the game mode grows their potency also grows and this is not good because it means OKW becomes the be all end all of large game modes, where I would argue they still hold several advantages over all other factions.
20 Nov 2015, 15:31 PM

you make it sound like the vet4/5 nerfs make them unplayable.

against rifles and is yes :foreveralone:
20 Nov 2015, 15:36 PM
Patrion 310

I play axis all the time (and nearly always going Spec Ops in 3's / 4's and often in 2's) so I know how the commander works and how strong the Command Panther is. Feel free to prove you play them more than me :) I dare you.... (also Ost is my #2 played faction and OKW is #3)

(I've also seen Katitof in game many times as either Axis or Allies - never seen you in game though..........)
20 Nov 2015, 15:47 PM

flares is way superior to recon plane. flares are instant, cannot be shot down, and a lot harder to notice than planes appearing on the minimap. stop making yourself look like a fool

Omg LEMon plz plz stp making yourself look like a fool...i am starting to question your credibility as a strategist

flares cost 60 muni
recon flight cost 35 muni

recon have better area coverage then flares but flares have larger staying ( but seriously covering recon more area is much better than just staying at one area come on lemon you are a strategist u should know lol)
ok so how many recon planes have saw got shot down..they survive 90% of the time lol
Both can be easily spotted
Only one point i can give you it being instant even that doesn't makes much difference.

just clear the facts before calling anyone fool and labeling yourself a strategist :bananadance:

EDIT: Also i think but m now sure if flares reveal cloaked units or not..?? if not stay salty lemon ( see what i did there)
20 Nov 2015, 15:48 PM

Do you even read what you write dude, you just spam BS all around without even knowing what you say

OKW mark target do 50% damage more for 45 mun, SU one does 35% for 75 mun your point again ? :snfPeter:

Putting command vehicule on AVRE affects speeds and reload which is lol and Bren is so fragile and get so clunky when upgraded it's not even funny, glad the recon is free, making a tank into command is how to waste the tank into trashness

Command Panther is so much better than a regular panther, it can self spot its counter (su85, jackson) and with tht spot it can destroy them with ease, getting a panther this badass with no tech needeed is nearly blasphemy (balanced by it's price thks god)

This commander is good, if you disagree go play it you'll understand more

Oh and plays allies more before trying to salt :snfPeter:
20 Nov 2015, 15:48 PM

I play axis all the time (and nearly always going Spec Ops in 3's / 4's and often in 2's) so I know how the commander works and how strong the Command Panther is. Feel free to prove you play them more than me :) I dare you.... (also Ost is my #2 played faction and OKW is #3)

(I've also seen Katitof in game many times as either Axis or Allies - never seen you in game though..........)

Well i dont play with same name :bananadance:

Oh So Katiof played Axis once :foreveralone::foreveralone:
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment