Login

russian armor

My idea to improve ukf emplacements!

27 Oct 2015, 14:10 PM

Hey gang I thought I'd share my ideas to change brit emplacements

My two major ideas are to add a minimum range to emplacements and change brace to %50 fire rate reduction.

This would make it so:
  • static emplacements would need to be watched to prevent overwhelming
  • bracing would be more useful in engagements than just turning into a rock for 30 secs
  • minimum range would mean static placements still need support units nearby
  • minimum range would allow players to counter simply by getting close
  • the models inside the emplacements would do something while getting attacked in brace not just idly sit there awaiting their destruction

For reference the blue circle around the bofors below seems like it'd be fair, perhaps slightly larger for the AT emplacement

I would love to hear what the community thinks!

27 Oct 2015, 14:15 PM
Donator 11

As I said before somewhere
The best solution to the situation would be keeping brace as is but changing how manned emplacements work. If you put IS in there you should get current buffs but if you put sappers they should slowly but surely repair the emplacement without the risk of dying to ISG fire. That way you would not be able to counter with constant barrage by attack ground but you will have to force a serious concentrated attack on brit position.
27 Oct 2015, 14:19 PM

The models sit there like shell shocked cowards during brace currently! But seriously your idea is pretty dam good
27 Oct 2015, 15:14 PM

my thoughts to make british emplacements better are :

give them the ability to pop out just like usf tank crew, give the crew itself the ability to redo the emplacement they were inside before .. give them veterancy stats (the crew like usf ones) vet 1,2,3 at vet 3 they should be able to make the emplacement 15% / 30% less expensive .

let brace as it is.

doing this you could save the veterancy of each emplacement that you have.

forgive me for the bad english :foreveralone:
27 Oct 2015, 15:21 PM

well if ukf emplacement needs rework than all factions emplacement need rework ufk still have the best emplacements
27 Oct 2015, 15:37 PM

well if ukf emplacement needs rework than all factions emplacement need rework ufk still have the best emplacements

Let's be honest though rather than fanboi'ing for a second, UKF emplacements are part of their concept and army. Yes the Pak emplacement gets fucked up easily but its an optional doctrinal item, not part of the core tech.

27 Oct 2015, 15:38 PM

the best solution to the situation would be keeping brace as is but changing how manned emplacements work. If you put IS in there you should get current buffs but if you put sappers they should slowly but surely repair the emplacement

I like this a lot

but I also think this would be fun as well
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 15:14 PMIGOR

give them the ability to pop out just like usf tank crew, give the crew itself the ability to redo (or rebuild) the emplacement they were inside before .. give them veterancy stat

Pak and OKW flak emplacements could use a look at
27 Oct 2015, 18:47 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 15:14 PMIGOR
my thoughts to make british emplacements better are :

give them the ability to pop out just like usf tank crew, give the crew itself the ability to redo the emplacement they were inside before .. give them veterancy stats (the crew like usf ones) vet 1,2,3 at vet 3 they should be able to make the emplacement 15% / 30% less expensive .

let brace as it is.

doing this you could save the veterancy of each emplacement that you have.

forgive me for the bad english :foreveralone:

What do you mean by redo? Building it for free somewhere else with the damage it had before? Or paying again for it but keeping the vet? Or maybe sth else? This needs some precising :)
27 Oct 2015, 18:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Or we could just leave them as is, because fuck sim city bullshit, where emplacements do all the work for you.
27 Oct 2015, 19:39 PM

Or we could just leave them as is, because fuck sim city bullshit, where emplacements do all the work for you.

this

the thing is the emplacements are fine but the counter to them the leig is not.
the leig should have the same range as the mortar pit even with vet (i don't like the idea of a range buff on vet one) so it should have the same range from the get go.
27 Oct 2015, 20:09 PM

I like the minimum range idea, I think it should apply to more things. Would be nice for minimum range to at least be the length of your barrel so units like the King Tiger don't magically shoot under themselves.

As for Brace, I think the crews should be able to take damage, and Brace should just make the crew invulnerable. Decrease emplacement health (faster repair, less vet mining from attacking them forever) and increase damage resistance (same effect as high health). Maybe have way more health but automatically abandon at 25%, so it's still recoverable if you're willing to put more resources into it, rather than instantly losing the investment.

I'd like the Brits to have a Mortar and the Mortars Emplacement guns replaced with 18 Pounders, but that's just fantasy.
28 Oct 2015, 00:25 AM

What do you mean by redo? Building it for free somewhere else with the damage it had before? Or paying again for it but keeping the vet? Or maybe sth else? This needs some precising :)

paying again for it but keeping the vet , just like usf tank crew :)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★