Login

russian armor

British Anvil Churchill, and my thoughts.

PAGES (7)down
3 Oct 2015, 09:39 AM

Getting a second KT is impossible in 1v1 and 2v2, heck getting one is extremely hard as OKW in 1v1. The balance resolves around 1v1 mainly. Your argument holds no value.

Getting a second churchill in a 1v1, now that is something that is possible, very possible.

Not at all.

I rememeber some time ago quite high level replay with 3 KTs (2v2 game).
3 Oct 2015, 14:47 PM

+1 :luvCarrot:
Ost gets three units with the tech, Brits a single one that locks out the other one.
They get two, actually, Heavy Engineers with double Brens are pound for pound one of the best infantry squads in the entire game.
That's not to mention the 3 other faction wide abilities that they get.
3 Oct 2015, 17:11 PM

If you fixed the fact it has double the acceleration of every other heavy tank in the game, the ability to throw satchel charges at people with shock troop grenade timers, and the fact it has twice as much health as a KV1 you wouldn't need to limit it.

The ultimate insult to injury is it vet's up very fast and it's gun has better accuracy than a PIV's, so it's essentially got zero flaws.
3 Oct 2015, 17:36 PM

Getting a second KT is impossible in 1v1 and 2v2, heck getting one is extremely hard as OKW in 1v1. The balance resolves around 1v1 mainly. Your argument holds no value.

Getting a second churchill in a 1v1, now that is something that is possible, very possible.

So nerf the allied tank because op, don't nerf axis because krupp steel? Yeah KT is literally impossible to get.

Limit all heavy tanks but not KT because panzer.

Let's ignore that churchill does jack shit to a panther while KT can destroy any allied tank, and getting more of them doesn't change that fact.
3 Oct 2015, 17:51 PM

Permanently Banned

So nerf the allied tank because op, don't nerf axis because krupp steel? Yeah KT is literally impossible to get.

Limit all heavy tanks but not KT because panzer.

Let's ignore that churchill does jack shit to a panther while KT can destroy any allied tank, and getting more of them doesn't change that fact.

Where did I state that anything should be nerfed? The Churchill is more a heavy tank than a medium tank. Should be limited to one tank, just like the kv8 'heavy flamethrower tank' should be limited to one.
3 Oct 2015, 18:04 PM

Where did I state that anything should be nerfed? The Churchill is more a heavy tank than a medium tank. Should be limited to one tank, just like the kv8 'heavy flamethrower tank' should be limited to one.

So limiting a tank to 1 is not a nerf?

The panther is more a heavy thank than a medium tank too, I don't see how is that relevant
3 Oct 2015, 18:21 PM

Panther is the same as comet. Don't whine
3 Oct 2015, 18:21 PM

If you fixed the fact it has double the acceleration of every other heavy tank in the game, the ability to throw satchel charges at people with shock troop grenade timers, and the fact it has twice as much health as a KV1 you wouldn't need to limit it.

The ultimate insult to injury is it vet's up very fast and it's gun has better accuracy than a PIV's, so it's essentially got zero flaws.

Will you stop this gardening acceleration nonsense? Does that help Churchill to be a fast tank?

Nope!

It's still a slow moving vehicle, hence it does not matter! Every fast tank goes faster than Churchill after 0.4 second. Thanks God for that "acceleration".
3 Oct 2015, 18:27 PM

Permanently Banned

So limiting a tank to 1 is not a nerf?

The panther is more a heavy thank than a medium tank too, I don't see how is that relevant

Panther was designated a medium tank by the army that used it. Kv8 was a modified kv1 (both not limited to one, but both a heavy tank), which was designated a heavy tank by the army that uses it. The churchill was designated a medium tank I presume, yet it has more health than a King Tiger, KV1, Tiger and Panther, so game and balance wise it makes no sense.

Now tell me, why shouldn't it be limited? It can drive up to anything, kill it, including throwing grenades at at guns, and smoke away with health left.

Also, if the Panther should be limited, than the comet should as well :)
3 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM

Panther was designated a medium tank by the army that used it. Kv8 was a modified kv1 (both not limited to one, but both a heavy tank), which was designated a heavy tank by the army that uses it. The churchill was designated a medium tank I presume, yet it has more health than a King Tiger, KV1, Tiger and Panther, so game and balance wise it makes no sense.

Now tell me, why shouldn't it be limited? It can drive up to anything, kill it, including throwing grenades at at guns, and smoke away with health left.

Pershing is a medium tank too, I don't care what ze ghermans said it was, this is a game.

Now tell me, why shouldn't it be limited? It can drive up to anything, kill it, including 1 shot wipes on AT guns, and blitz away with health left.

Why are you insisting so hard that KT is so bad that you should be allowed to have more than 1 but churchill is so broken that 1 should be the limit?
3 Oct 2015, 18:43 PM

Pershing is a medium tank too, I don't care what ze ghermans said it was, this is a game.

Now tell me, why shouldn't it be limited? It can drive up to anything, kill it, including 1 shot wipes on AT guns, and blitz away with health left.

Why are you insisting so hard that KT is so bad that you should be allowed to have more than 1 but churchill is so broken that 1 should be the limit?

What is the cost of the KT with the OKW resource penalty?

What is the cost of the churchill?

When you do the math you will see that the KT costs almost double the fuel and for the sake of argument YES you should on be able to have one KT if it means limiting the churchill BS.

Unlike the churchill, it is almost impossible for an OKW player to field 2 KT's even in 4 v 4's, or at least it happens so rarely I have probably one done it once myself and seen it a couple of times.

vs

I regularly see mass churchhills in 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 and it is almost impossible to fucking counter. So no this isn't a "lets nurffff the allied tanks into oblivion" its about putting an insanely good tank in the same place as its axis equivalents.

Oh and a panther has 800HP and 320 armor and costs more fuel than a 1600Hp 250 armor churchill which has a gun that slaughters infantry and grenades anti tank guns for cheaper. You are literally getting twice the tank for less fuel and slightly more manpower in addition to the cheapest most effective infantry in the game. Plus, thanks to the churchhill being almost impossible to kill, vetting it is as easy as letting it taking hits, driving it away, and repairing it worry free. Once it hits vet 2 or 3 god help you.

As for the comet panther debate, the panther will win vs the comet in a one on one contest, but the comet is also the fastest tank in the game and has a lethal anti everything gun with an awesome smoke ability thats non doctrinal. So they are pretty much even in my opinion.
3 Oct 2015, 18:53 PM

Classification between medium light and heavy tank depended on the intended use of the tank, not its weight.

Considering stats alone, panther is more of a heavy tank then any KV tank in coh2 is.

Churchill always was heavy tank in all classifications, so don't joke around trying to say it was medium, because thats laughable.

Why wouldn't it be limited?
For example because it doesn't have a gun that murders anything and everything around as opposed to every other true heavy tank.

And please STOP learning from alex, he spits bullshit about tank nades, but I have yet to see a single player terrible enough to not see the nade coming and get out in time.
3 Oct 2015, 18:58 PM

Permanently Banned

What? I am totally with the idea of limiting the KT to one per player. Still I think the KV8 and Churchill should be limited to one per player as well.
3 Oct 2015, 19:00 PM

Permanently Banned

Classification between medium light and heavy tank depended on the intended use of the tank, not its weight.

Considering stats alone, panther is more of a heavy tank then any KV tank in coh2 is.

Churchill always was heavy tank in all classifications, so don't joke around trying to say it was medium, because thats laughable.

Why wouldn't it be limited?
For example because it doesn't have a gun that murders anything and everything around as opposed to every other true heavy tank.

And please STOP learning from alex, he spits bullshit about tank nades, but I have yet to see a single player terrible enough to not see the nade coming and get out in time.

Whoah whoah dude, take it easy. I genuinely thought it was a medium, no need to attack me personally just because I say something about Allies.

Alex? I know he is your archenemy, but there is no need to link me to him nor to what he said. Now calm down and stay reasonable. About 99% of the people here don't like you, you just got yourself another person that doesn't like you, there was no reason to attack me like that.

For your information, I am totally for the idea of limiting the KingTiger to one per player, but the KV8 and Churchill should be limited to one as well, especially the churchill, that thing is a joke with its healthpool.

So please, no more personal attacks that aren't justified, or I will report you :)
3 Oct 2015, 19:02 PM

What? I am totally with the idea of limiting the KT to one per player. Still I think the KV8 and Churchill should be limited to one per player as well.

Your first response to me suggested otherwise, in that case I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

I have not played against the kv8 recently so I can't say how good it is, but that is an option.
3 Oct 2015, 19:06 PM

Permanently Banned

Your first response to me suggested otherwise, in that case I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

I have not played against the kv8 recently so I can't say how good it is, but that is an option.

No problem, I should have been more clear, there was a chance for misinterpretation, my bad.

KV8 is still very very good, it should be limited to one in all honesty.
3 Oct 2015, 23:26 PM

Nothing should be fucking limited except perhaps elite super units like the Tiger Ace.

It's such a shitty way to balance things.
3 Oct 2015, 23:43 PM

Nothing should be fucking limited except perhaps elite super units like the Tiger Ace.

It's such a shitty way to balance things.

Well the only issue with the churchill is massed churchhills at the moment which can destroy things designed to hardcounter them.

So honestly limiting them to one would be one way of doing it without nerfing the unit, plus you always have the croco or AVRE call in so you could still get 2.

I am all for limiting the KT to 1 to get its stupid pop cap down from 25 as you never even see multiple KT's.
3 Oct 2015, 23:44 PM
Donator 11

Are you kidding me?

The 200/50 tech cost is equivalent to what ostheer pay to get to T4, how in the hell is that supposed to be some kind of martydom for the British?

On top of that they also get FREE ultra engineers that magically gain LMG's and 2 armor, making them more durable than shocks. With double brens these guys are fucking terminators and if they hit vet 3, which is relatively easy to do, they have a reinforce cost of 13MP. They have the long range dps of an ober squad and cost half as much.

So not only does getting the anvil specialization get you the ultimate tank, it gets you the cheapest, and one of the most effective infantry squads in the game. For kicks they even get a -50% reload time in cover. Put them in a building and watch as an entire army can't dig them out.

There is no fucking reason the churchhill should have 1600H and not be put in the same class as a heavy tank. For christ's sake a Tiger only has just over a 1000 and the KT has 1280. Give it a slight price decrease and up its armor while dropping its HP to something that isn't in the realm of insanity. being able to take 10 shots from a panther or AT gun is way over the top and basically makes the tank immortal in the hands of a competent player.

No unit should be able to hardcounter units that are designed to hardcounter it, that's just shitty balance.

4 Oct 2015, 01:13 AM

The fact is the Churchill has so much healthpool and it's so cheap for 150 fuel.It's a big issue when players spam them.KV1 is faster, cheaper,and it has thick armor and a bad main gun too.But why KV1 spam won't be an issue?Because the KV1 don't have 1600HP,it's only 800,can be easily pushed back by AT walls.And it can't run into AT guns then throw a grenade.

Totally UNFAIR for other factions.If you admit 1600HP Churchill is OK, then I want a 1600HP KV1.And I want a 1600HP brumbar,maybe a 1400HP KV8(equal to 1400HP Flamer Churchill).

Relic should bring the brits in line with all other factions.They give brits the cheaper heavies tech cost than the ost then give them a150 fuel super healthpool heavy tank.

Stupid balance.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight