Login

russian armor

Relic please!! Sniper cloacking time

19 Sep 2015, 07:25 AM

With the recent patch there are also some ninja changes. Ost sniper to 6 second cloack like wtf? It will have the same problem as the Brits sniper now. It makes it completely useless. Please make the cloack of all snipers 3 seconds please!!

Why can't Relic do it good sometimes ...
19 Sep 2015, 08:08 AM

ost: 3 seconds
sov:4 seconds
brits:3 seconds

the soviet sniper is really the only one that can have a 6 seconds recloak time and still be usable.
19 Sep 2015, 08:27 AM

so more snipers nerf like 2 or 3 nerfs was not enough can't relic think for themselves besides the cry of fanboys...to make unit relevant not shit.
19 Sep 2015, 09:20 AM

The decrease in the ROF is no problem for me but that 6 second cloack... Now the brits and ost have a useless sniper
19 Sep 2015, 09:33 AM

Why its a problem?
Didn't every ost player said brit cloak is fine and its L2P with sniper wars?

Why would that suddenly change now that ost sniper recloaks in the same time?
19 Sep 2015, 09:40 AM
Patrion 28

I don't get the complaints about cloak time; all it does is mean you need to keep the sniper further back since he can't force retargetting with a cloak
19 Sep 2015, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 09:33 AMKatitof
Why its a problem?

What does it have to do with "every Ost player" dude. This is low, even for you.

6 Second it a problem for both of them. I'm with Firesparks on this one. And even the Sov could also use the 3 seconds, gonna make counter sniping a bit harder though.
19 Sep 2015, 09:52 AM

As if the triple nerf to RoF, veterancy, and hard counters weren't bad enough. Now an undocumented change to cloak time? In the past, I would say that Relic's intentions must be to eliminate snipers from the game, but nowadays I'll settle for the acceptance that they have no idea what they are doing.
19 Sep 2015, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 09:33 AMKatitof
Why its a problem?

I've been telling everytime that it should be 2 or 3 seconds so wouldn't take me into account
19 Sep 2015, 09:58 AM

Still better than okw and USA sniper .

Oh wait they have sniper than instapin , kills and do it from far distance (leigt and pack howie)
19 Sep 2015, 10:02 AM

Over nerfed ost. Ost will have a bad showing in this tourney considering their awful nerfs
19 Sep 2015, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 09:47 AMRMMLz

What does it have to do with "every Ost player" dude. This is low, even for you.

6 Second it a problem for both of them. I'm with Firesparks on this one. And even the Sov could also use the 3 seconds, gonna make counter sniping a bit harder though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying if its good or bad, I'm simply mocking the fanboys who screamed brit sniper was fine. If not for the change like this, intended or not, they wouldn't even know how bad it is for brit sniper.
19 Sep 2015, 10:33 AM
Patrion 14

Don't kill me, but I actually like that Sniper recloak time is 6 seconds and hope this isn't a bug they will want to revert.

Ask yourself : WHY would anyone want less than 6 seconds? What sort of play does fast recloak time encourage?

Snipers behave totally unrealistically and break immersion and authenticity of the game. They are also a nightmare to balance (take double snipers vs Brit 4 man squads, for example) and are a micro drain. There is really no reason snipers are even needed in the game. They completely invert the flank / cover infantry equation - now, I understand sometimes counterplay should be possible, but oddly enough OKW and US don't seem to have any problems with this.

Furthermore, if you use your sniper as support, out of range of enemy fire, shielded by infantry, it will still be useful for taking out enemies and MG emplacements from long range, (you know, as a sniper SHOULD be used), even if its recloak time was 6666 seconds.
19 Sep 2015, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 10:04 AMKatitof

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying if its good or bad, I'm simply mocking the fanboys who screamed brit sniper was fine. If not for the change like this, intended or not, they wouldn't even know how bad it is for brit sniper.
I can't recall anyone saying Brit sniper was fine. People including myself said OSTHEER sniper was fine, but you and others like you screamed that it needed a nerf and the fact that it had been perfectly fine before the Brits came out was irrelevant. Now it's useless. Thanks, Katitof.

And you are quite possibly the biggest fanboy of either the Axis or Allies to be found on these forums, so it's really rich to hear you call anyone else that.
aaa
19 Sep 2015, 20:07 PM

lol. Reading your whine make me sick. Current Sniper cloak time make sniper fine unit. It is still very strong in good hands. With 82 hp and incendiary round best sniper in game overall. Unlike other snipers it cannot be randomlly wiped with indirect fire.
ALl Snipers are blatanty OP on open maps.
It is the deadliest unit in game and you wanna buff it more.

One need to micro it behind infantry.
normal cloak doesnt alow noobs with no micro to have 50+ sniper kills per game.

Sniper that is in range of infantry must get killed instantly - its a punishment for having no micro.
19 Sep 2015, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 20:07 PMaaa
lol. Reading your whine make me sick. Current Sniper cloak time make sniper fine unit. It is still very strong in good hands. With 82 hp and incendiary round best sniper in game overall. Unlike other snipers it cannot be randomlly wiped with indirect fire.
ALl Snipers are blatanty OP on open maps.
It is the deadliest unit in game and you wanna buff it more.

One need to micro it behind infantry.
6 sec cloak doesnt alow noobs with no micro to have 50+ sniper kills per game.

Sniper that is in range of infantry must get killed instantly - its a punishment for having no micro.

Aaah the flaterous aaa has joined my post again... Please go eat someones carrot:romeoPls:
19 Sep 2015, 22:09 PM

I can't recall anyone saying Brit sniper was fine.

exhibit A:

I can live without being able to cloak fast personally. I've got that nifty hold fire button to use. Once the Ostheer Sniper fires a couple of shots (Taking longer to cloak after each shot), I order my Sniper to fire his first shot to take him out. Just wish Reinforcement costs didn't hurt so much...

But in the end, I don't recruit him to take out snipers. He performs very well for other targets like AT guns, flak guns, mortars and MGs. My favourite unit so far.

Question: Does he have the same range as other snipers? For some reason, it feels longer.

exhibit B:

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 12:50 PMCorsin

I can live without being able to cloak fast personally. I've got that nifty hold fire button to use. Once the Ostheer Sniper fires a couple of shots (Taking longer to cloak after each shot), I order my Sniper to fire his first shot to take him out. Just wish Reinforcement costs didn't hurt so much...

But in the end, I don't recruit him to take out snipers. He performs very well for other targets like AT guns, flak guns, mortars and MGs. My favourite unit so far.

Question: Does he have the same range as other snipers? For some reason, it feels longer.

Pretty much this... +1

the thread in general:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39341/the-problem-with-brits-sniper
19 Sep 2015, 22:19 PM

exhibit A:

exhibit B:

the thread in general:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39341/the-problem-with-brits-sniper
Those seem to be Brit players saying its fine, not Axis players. Regardless. Just as with the Soviet mortar and Ostheer mortar, the better solution would have been to make the Allied weapon perform better, not nerf the Axis one.
19 Sep 2015, 22:43 PM

so lets keep that simple:
before patch: sov sniper>> ost sniper
now: sov sniper>>>>>>>>>>> ost sniper
going for sniper against sov was not a wise decison for Prostheer, but there was a possibility to outplay your oponent. Now it is just hillarious. It is not a good idea to only balance brits and forget about sov and usf
edit: seen in the context of a sniper match between sov and ost
aaa
19 Sep 2015, 23:21 PM

"relic plz" rofl. Leave my sniper invinsible to infantry fire.
this abnoxious whine. I have no words for that...

Sniper Cloak time increase is the most awaited justified and game improving change in a long time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★