Login

russian armor

Relic please!! Sniper cloacking time

20 Sep 2015, 00:46 AM

Those seem to be Brit players saying its fine, not Axis players. Regardless. Just as with the Soviet mortar and Ostheer mortar, the better solution would have been to make the Allied weapon perform better, not nerf the Axis one.

Check my playercard and tell me if im a brit player lol
20 Sep 2015, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 00:46 AMCorsin

Check my playercard and tell me if im a brit player lol
I meant people talking about what it's like from the perspective of the Brits. Regardless, that wasn't my main point in the post. My point was that even if the Brit recloak was bad (which I agree that it was) the solution was not to bring the Ost recloak down to his level.
20 Sep 2015, 01:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 09:52 AMHorasu
I would say that Relic's intentions must be to eliminate snipers from the game

hope so, the lesser sniper the better
20 Sep 2015, 01:40 AM

I actually like the ost sniper having 6 sec cloak, although will admit it seems slightly unbalanced due to the brit sniper also being somewhat effective vs vehicles.

But for me using or playing against snipers is generally not that fun, against them sometimes it can just be frustrating to counter. I mean being able to do serious damage, then just kite cloak and carry on with such ease is just not a fun mechanic.

Actually having to keep snipers back and actually having to take into account not being able to cloak for 6 seconds, for me at least is much more enjoyable gameplay.
20 Sep 2015, 03:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 22:43 PMSlate
so lets keep that simple:
before patch: sov sniper>> ost sniper
now: sov sniper>>>>>>>>>>> ost sniper
going for sniper against sov was not a wise decison for Prostheer, but there was a possibility to outplay your oponent. Now it is just hillarious. It is not a good idea to only balance brits and forget about sov and usf
edit: seen in the context of a sniper match between sov and ost

Sniper is fine against USF.
And sniper play from SU is dead on 1v1 and lost popularity on 2v2. After they removed sprint, i've seen way less of them.
aaa
20 Sep 2015, 10:07 AM

With the recent patch there are also some ninja changes. Ost sniper to 6 second cloack like wtf?

Dont you,bother reading patch notes before your abnoxious claims? Sniper changes including cloak were fully documented. I guess documented changes are still ninja for you.
20 Sep 2015, 10:13 AM

I like this change.
Sniper should be extremly hard to play.
High risk - high reward.
Before patch it was medicore risk - damn high reward.
20 Sep 2015, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 10:07 AMaaa

Dont you,bother reading patch notes before your abnoxious claims? Sniper changes including cloak were fully documented. I guess documented changes are still ninja for you.

I read the patch notes clearly. They were talking about rate of fire and not about the cloack time Bitch please
20 Sep 2015, 10:34 AM
Donator 33

The cloak time nerf is pretty unwarranted. Relic should've reduced the cloak time for the brit sniper instead.

Now, there's absolutely no way of counter sniping a Soviet sniper - even in green cover.

Well, at least battles between Brit and OST sniper are kinda even now.

I think the two- men(or women) Soviet sniper team has to go now.

Reduce it to a one-man (or woman) sniper squad with 82HP and *boom* snipers = balanced.

Additionally, relic should change the cloak mechanic of UKF and OST snipers to be only cloaked WHEN IN COVER. Just like the SOV sniper.
aaa
20 Sep 2015, 10:58 AM

Additionally, relic should change the cloak mechanic of UKF and OST snipers to be only cloaked WHEN IN COVER. Just like the SOV sniper.

if this happens it gonna be more of whine fest. Useless sniper etc. Surely no sniper should not have a cloak at point blank range in front of infantry as oh's one before. Maybe point blank range cloak was a bug that they noticed only recently
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight