Login

russian armor

Why such a high rifle section reinforcement cost

16 Sep 2015, 14:44 PM
Donator 11

Now that the patch is upon us, with the coming changes to the brits I feel like relic is missing a huge issue we had in the closed alpha. The brit rifle section is 35mp a pop per model leading to not only HUGE mp sinks but also infantry that does match up to their costs or reinforcing time.

Am I just a crazy allied fanboy or is 35mpa little over the top?
16 Sep 2015, 14:52 PM

It is over the top and yet Relic still didn't even touch them. This is the most blatant overcost for the entire British army IMO.
16 Sep 2015, 14:55 PM

Perhaps they have this high reinforce cost since they're bloody OP when they're in cover. Can't do shit against it. But 30 mp per model would be way better.
16 Sep 2015, 14:55 PM

I suggested in the alpha:

IS from 280 to 260
Sappers from 210 to 220.
16 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM

i think its ok because german counterpart grenadiers was better trained and they had the advantage in superior forces. on top of that british can buy flamercar direct from start to harass german infantery so if german actually manage to kill infantery section they should be rewarded
16 Sep 2015, 14:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

32mp would be better imo, but they are really strong if they get vet3 and lmg's. they take a beating and make obers look like sissys
16 Sep 2015, 15:05 PM

Perhaps they have this high reinforce cost since they're bloody OP when they're in cover. Can't do shit against it. But 30 mp per model would be way better.

They are the only infantry in game that do not get better damage with shorter distance.
They are as good close range as max range, their easily exploitable weaknesses are snipers, suppression units and CQC infantry that can quickly close on them.
New volks will deny them their requierment of cover as incendiarys will simply deny them cover and therefore the buff.

The fact they need cover is both their strength and weakness, you'll catch them out of cover and pios will murder them.

I can't see a single OP thing about tommies that Rifles wouldn't do better and cheaper, without penalties.
16 Sep 2015, 15:28 PM

They have the highest received accuracy of any base unit in the game. At vet 2 they have .528 received accuracy, with the 5 man squad upgrade they are one of the most durable squads in the entire game.

Building of that; they aren't meant to be used aggressively which is why it's thrown many players for a loop. And unlike most infantry they have flat accuracy so closing to short range doesn't net you anything and it allows you to engage at max range without giving anything up.
16 Sep 2015, 15:48 PM
Patrion 14

The actual answer to your question is - the "standard" reinforcement rate for any infantry unit is half that model's cost. So a single model of Tommies costs 280/4 = 70MP to build, therefore 35mp to reinforce.

This is not taking into account extra squadmember upgrades, models with increased cost (USF LT, Capt...) or offmaps that have extra costs associated with deployment.

German small squads suffer from the same "problem", the efficiency of single squadmembers being the obvious tradeoff.

... is what I would be saying if the sep 17th changelog didn't reduce reinforcement rates of certain 4-man Axis squads.
16 Sep 2015, 15:51 PM
Donator 11

They have the highest received accuracy of any base unit in the game. At vet 2 they have .528 received accuracy, with the 5 man squad upgrade they are one of the most durable squads in the entire game.

Building of that; they aren't meant to be used aggressively which is why it's thrown many players for a loop. And unlike most infantry they have flat accuracy so closing to short range doesn't net you anything and it allows you to engage at max range without giving anything up.

I get how to use them, you dont have to tell me how they work. I feel like they are not worth 35mp a pop though, you are also forgeting the 5th man requires a 25mp 150mp upgrade (which u already bleed from everywher) not to mention you have to buy the 5th man aswell.

Saying they are better then grens you are cheating yourself as they cost 1 1/2 the cost of a gren model while doing around the same damage without the gren upgrading to the LMG. The rifle nade counters the cover boons as well as the volks who have 5 men and get their new incendiary grenade.

35mp is WAY to high for a baseline infantry even if the brits are supposed to be limited by numbers. They dont have the same ratio as germs where their units preform a t a 1:2 ratio. They are easy to overrun and are easy to break as they lack the manpower to stay on the field and bleed just as much as USF. Their only saving grace is their wasp thats currently over preforming due to its long range and high damage that allows them to get to the bofors that helps them hold points (getting nerfed) the AEC is useless.

I would almost go as far to say that underneath all the hold over "OP" units that they are just as bad as USF.

They are by far the worst 1v1 faction and in 2v2 without even more micro than USF, they simply aren't viable. All of their upgrades are liabilities and have more bad trade offs than good.
16 Sep 2015, 15:55 PM

the previously bugged grenadier made tommies looked worst than they are. In addition, the vet 3 bonus on the tommies was also bugged.

lastly, ost snipers and mortar were also nerfed.

It's not the direct buff people asked for, but it's still something. It is probably more prudent to wait and see how did those changes affect the tommies.
16 Sep 2015, 15:59 PM

So which infantry should brits use to attack then??? Weapon crews?
16 Sep 2015, 16:04 PM

The actual answer to your question is - the "standard" reinforcement rate for any infantry unit is half that model's cost. So a single model of Tommies costs 280/4 = 70MP to build, therefore 35mp to reinforce.

This is not taking into account extra squadmember upgrades, models with increased cost (USF LT, Capt...) or offmaps that have extra costs associated with deployment.

German small squads suffer from the same "problem", the efficiency of single squadmembers being the obvious tradeoff.

... is what I would be saying if the sep 17th changelog didn't reduce reinforcement rates of certain 4-man Axis squads.

And you're exactly right here.
16 Sep 2015, 16:10 PM

I'm inclined to agree but withholding judgement until the patch goes live. The reduced MP cost of teching allows you to more quickly buy additional squads- faster additional Tommy Squad or Sappers helps out early game and reinforcing doesn't hurt you as bad.

Also the patch fixes 1) Fixed Vet 3 Bug which means Vet 3 squads probably better reflect their cost. 2) Removed extra grenadier buff, which means Tommy vs. Gren actually plays out better for Brits, which should reduce bleed by a bit. 3) Wehr sniper will be *slightly* less cheesey 4) Green cover explosion damage fix will at least mean that ISG/Mortar will suck less for Brits

If anything I wouldn't mind if they kept the current cost but slightly buffed Tommy's moving accuracy since they all apparently develop Parkinson's while trying to shoot on the move. Either way I'm optimistic that the MP Bleed issue will at least improve a little bit.

EDIT Firesparks beat me to most of my points :)
16 Sep 2015, 16:20 PM

Part of the Brit design problem is how terrible they are at attacking until very late game, the cost of their infantry just compounds the problem and means any attack is such a giant drain of MP even if you push the enemy off you almost wreck your economy.
DeC
16 Sep 2015, 16:42 PM

To prevent WFA style blobbing. It's an improvement over the previous expansions. You have to use all kind of assets to remain in game.
16 Sep 2015, 16:55 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 16:42 PMDeC
To prevent WFA style blobbing. It's an improvement over the previous expansions. You have to use all kind of assets to remain in game.

While I get what youre saying, those assets are locked behind high MP price which u cant get to due to the bleed from brit infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★