Login

russian armor

USF so worthless

8 Sep 2015, 13:51 PM

this is the reason i have quit playing 1s as USF this patch until the next one, because seeing your 280mp rifles (that are supposed to dominate early game) losing every engagement, no matter what you do, to grens is way too much fun for me to handle.

but hey why hotfix this right

vet 3 buff to rifles is live ?
8 Sep 2015, 13:57 PM

vet 3 buff to rifles is live ?

how come you ask so? did you see any major patch? no? thought so
8 Sep 2015, 14:00 PM

why wouldnt you get brits

They really don't appeal me.
8 Sep 2015, 14:23 PM

how come you ask so? did you see any major patch? no? thought so

Between ninja changes, hot fixes, patch preview in a change log files, i am sometimes lost :'(

8 Sep 2015, 18:21 PM

Yea, I guess your right. I didn't really think of Rangers and especially the paratroopers with RR (mentioned in the previous post). It's been too long!!

I'm being swayed. USF could really use some more unit diversity. I never see paratroopers. Actually, in 90% of games the only damn units I every play against are Rifles, RE, M5s and Shermans.

Basically, I really don't mind no heavy tank if it's compensated by some better AT infantry and mines.

Vet3 on US units meant something. Less on armor than on infantry. But everyone knew to fear vet3 RRs, Rangers and Rifles. The Calliope actually MEANT something. The Pershing was both AI and AT and was at least pretty mobile. OMCGs gave you up to 1300 mp worth of units for 800. I didn't fear vet3 Axis infantry but I did vet3 armor (the vet3 buff was simply too much when you can't "eliminate" the veterancy by killing the unit like happens with US).

A vet3 57mm had huge penetration and much better damage, especially when firing APS. Of course loss of could be great.

Most of what was wrong with US late game was vet3 axis armor, an Airborne bomb-run that cost 250muni and was useless except in very limited situations (like a braindead opponent), and the m10 misfire bug.

What does USF have to compare? Is there a vet3 USF unit that people actually fear? Or are they just threats to be prioritized?
9 Sep 2015, 01:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 13:20 PMBurts

The fact that grens accidentally got a 9% durability buff and a 15% accuracy buff making them beat cons/rifles early game with ease.

I don't understand this bug. Can someone please explain it to me? I played USF almost exclusively so this seems like a big deal.
9 Sep 2015, 01:58 AM

I don't understand this bug. Can someone please explain it to me? I played USF almost exclusively so this seems like a big deal.

if its a bug bring that up with relic asap im sure they are quick to forget
9 Sep 2015, 02:02 AM

I think that giving REs 5 men by default/OR buffing volley fire will go a lonnggg way to making USF early game more unpredictable/fun.

9 Sep 2015, 05:59 AM

if its a bug bring that up with relic asap im sure they are quick to forget

I don't know what the bug is :) Someone said grens got an accidental buff to accuracy and damage but I don't understand how that's possible.
9 Sep 2015, 10:01 AM

Tigers and heavy tank hunters will be overkill against USF with the next patch.
9 Sep 2015, 10:55 AM

Relic isn't balancing the game for USF but Brit/Sov vs Ost/OKW. When you read they want to buff the tiger, it is purely because the unit is up vs brit and can be buff without impacting that much Sov. Imagining that could impact negatively USF late game is simply out of the frame :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 61
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment