Login

russian armor

Why brits are so lame in 1v1

6 Sep 2015, 05:56 AM

looks like aim time on brits sniper is longer than ost sniper recloak, if so then it means that brit sniper is NOT meant to countersnipe but to kill normal infantry only :snfBarton:

In his description it says he's meant to respond to the threat of his German counterpart.

Clap clap Lelic.
6 Sep 2015, 06:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2015, 01:55 AMGiaA

1. Removing the vickers upgrade would mean one less upgrade option which takes aways decision making which is always a bad thing in coh2 imo
2. The bren is actually a really good unit vs OKW even without the upgrade. It allows you to dominate the early game due to the lack of fausts. Giving it the vickers from the start would make it completely overpowered vs OKW

Or just target tables then :foreveralone:
6 Sep 2015, 06:47 AM

But wait, i thought brits are OP ? :snfPeter:

Also, keep in mind grens are currently bugged and are 9% more durable and 15% more accurate than they should be.

This is why grens beat infantry sections so easily.

They also beat conscripts at all ranges and vs rifles at mid and long ranges but who cares about that shit right :snfPeter:
6 Sep 2015, 11:44 AM

It was the carrier versus two squads of Volks in yellow cover and the carrier took about 10% damage, but forced both squads of Volks off at 2 models left each. Yeah it was the real deal. The only thing I worry about buffing the Brit early game is how it will affect the OKW match-up.

The whole land grab scheme doesn't quite work so well if they rush a Universal Carrier. It can force off Volk squads and once their units start jumping in houses good luck getting them out. Hopefully the Incendeary grenades coming will help, but right now I think the Brits are actually okay versus OKW, but severely struggle against Ostheer.

Ah ok. Well... the incendiary grenades are coming for Volks, aren't they? Nothing for Brits as far as I know.
6 Sep 2015, 11:59 AM

In his description it says he's meant to respond to the threat of his German counterpart.

Clap clap Lelic.

If you react "just" fast enough and "just" happen to face the EXACT direction... you can take him out.
6 Sep 2015, 15:28 PM

Universal Carrier is pretty bad for what it costs imo. It wouldn't be so bad if its handling wasn't so terrible and it wasn't so vulnerable. For what it is, it can't be allowed to handle like a tank. It's just not viable. It's too weak health-wise and the time it takes for it to rotate is simply too long. So its health needs to be beefed up somehow here with a minimal impact to the fuel economy of UKF.

Yeah, I get that 210 MP is good for an early vehicle that can do a bit of damage and put some pressure on, but 15 fuel is a lot when you're struggling for map control and you have absolutely no ability to do anything without rushing tech + weapon upgrades.

In any case, the issues BartonPL brought up are key here. Snipers and the Armoured Car are virtually unstoppable. The only time I've beat that is when my opponent played incompetently and allowed me to flank his sniper. The designed counters to the Sniper I would assume would be the Universal Carrier, and in a sense it does function like that, but it's far too weak to manage it. It can't bypass enemy units to hunt a Sniper and expect to survive, it's too clumsy and vulnerable, and the likes of Grenadier will just murder it with a Faust and you've blown away 15 fuel for no visible gain.

On top of this, UKF have no soft-AT(Like the Faust) at all and can't handle the likes of the Armoured Car. The manpower bleed and the fact that their own early vehicle will blow up in the face of a stiff breeze mean that if OST is smart they can bully UKF for most of the early game with a Sniper/AC combo. If they really want to pen UKF in they can get an HMG as well which, again you'd presume the Universal Carrier is a counter for but that's 15 fuel and then 60 MU for the flamethrower upgrade and that's all you got. Flamethrower is ridiculously powerful and rightfully it'll be nerfed the next patch, but really that can't be done without a corresponding buff of some sort here that allows the UC to have survivability.

The PIAT is reasonable as a semi-deterrent if you manage to maintain competitiveness long enough to buy one, but really its accuracy is appallingly bad. Now having played CoH1 I expected that but in CoH1 the PIAT was at least able to hit stationary targets consistently, which is not something I've found here. So I can't even punish my opponents for lazy play without a large degree of luck.

With all that said I think more time needs to be taken and we need to see how things develop. This is just my initial impression.
6 Sep 2015, 16:47 PM

The UK sniper needs a counter snipe ability...just like how Ost arty has a counter arty ability.
6 Sep 2015, 18:04 PM

The UK sniper needs a counter snipe ability...just like how Ost arty has a counter arty ability.

Should just give him a "Ambush" ability where for Munitions cost he can plop down in the field without cover and be camoed. With Hold fire that way you could camp the sniper Enemy at the Gates style. Or maybe even better give him a "Set up Camo" type ability (new Vet 1?) where he can camo anywhere on the field after a set-up time. At least that would make his atrocious re-cloak time sensible. Scout Cars and Kubels would still hard counter this... so it would hardly be OP IMO.

Honestly when I saw that he had a Ghillie Suit in the artwork I expected him to be able to Camo without being in Cover...
6 Sep 2015, 18:16 PM
Patrion 14

Maybe the Bren carried having the mg Upgrade stock(making it into a well armored kubel that could chase) as well as having a Target table for snipers would solve aloooot of problems?

Universal Carrier, WC51 Doge, 222, Kubelwagon, and M3 Scout car now have 50 bonus accuracy to snipers type.
*Source: http://www.coh2.org/topic/39632/balance-preview-update-09042015

But this won't make a lot of difference for UKF because the Carrier is off the field when it gets fausted, untill Engineers hit the field. Some vet0 repair ability would be nice.
6 Sep 2015, 18:31 PM

Might add, without a cheap throwaway squad, it's an incredible pain in the ass to steal enemy weapon teams.
6 Sep 2015, 18:42 PM

Have you played vs CAS as Brits yet? That is an ever greater joke.
6 Sep 2015, 18:43 PM

Universal Carrier, WC51 Doge, 222, Kubelwagon, and M3 Scout car now have 50 bonus accuracy to snipers type.
*Source: http://www.coh2.org/topic/39632/balance-preview-update-09042015

But this won't make a lot of difference for UKF because the Carrier is off the field when it gets fausted, untill Engineers hit the field. Some vet0 repair ability would be nice.

M20 is not worthy of snaijper hunting? :foreveralone:
6 Sep 2015, 18:49 PM

Have you played vs CAS as Brits yet? That is an ever greater joke.
Can you explain please?

I can see that the ammo conversion is good for Schrecks, MG spam + Mines. But that all works better with the Osttruppen doctrine + you can spam Fausts and Bunkers with the Osts.

All the aircraft in CAS don´t seem stronger versus Brits than versus the others. And the Stuka dive might even be countered by brace (not sure here).
6 Sep 2015, 18:53 PM

I would like to add something.

Isnt the firefly on a Sherman chassie? Shouldn't its health or armour be increase a little? It seems like 1 at pak 40 round takes half its health. The special ability "rocket firing" cost 110 munitons? Its not that strong, it should be decreased to 75 muni or less, its only 2 rockets that arent very accurate and dont do much damage!!! The rate of fire is also painfully slow. I think this unit needs some tweaking bad. All the other brit tanks are pretty decent, but as a dedicated tank destroyer the Firefly lacks in its ability.
6 Sep 2015, 19:37 PM
Donator 22

To me it is no surprise that right now Brits must feel like the weakest unit. Nobody as any clue how to play them yet.
6 Sep 2015, 19:39 PM

Can you explain please?

I can see that the ammo conversion is good for Schrecks, MG spam + Mines. But that all works better with the Osttruppen doctrine + you can spam Fausts and Bunkers with the Osts.

All the aircraft in CAS don´t seem stronger versus Brits than versus the others. And the Stuka dive might even be countered by brace (not sure here).

I am not implying that it is better vs Brits. Just a sniper start into grenadier spam into gren blobberino with some lmgs into pgren shrecks with constant strafing support pretty much overwhelms the lackluster early game the Brits have.

You pretty much win as soon as you choose the commander. Only if you yourself screw up, do you lose. VonIvan showed this himself, he didn't screw up, won every game vs a UKF with CAS. I did so myself as well and I must confess, I loved every second of it :foreveralone:
6 Sep 2015, 20:04 PM

please don't leverage any solution around more/better snipers :(
6 Sep 2015, 20:43 PM

M20 is not worthy of snaijper hunting? :foreveralone:

It will be added too. I read it in another post from Relic folks.
6 Sep 2015, 20:51 PM

Raketenwerfer.

I totally agree with you. Raketten does the job on that point
6 Sep 2015, 21:07 PM

If you react "just" fast enough and "just" happen to face the EXACT direction... you can take him out.

both the british and sov sniper take ~2 seconds to aim and fire. The ost sniper only take 2 seconds to recloak on his first shot. Your cursor will need to be right on top of where the ost sniper was hiding to have a chance of countersniping him.

I would like to add something.

Isnt the firefly on a Sherman chassie? Shouldn't its health or armour be increase a little? It seems like 1 at pak 40 round takes half its health. The special ability "rocket firing" cost 110 munitons? Its not that strong, it should be decreased to 75 muni or less, its only 2 rockets that arent very accurate and dont do much damage!!! The rate of fire is also painfully slow. I think this unit needs some tweaking bad. All the other brit tanks are pretty decent, but as a dedicated tank destroyer the Firefly lacks in its ability.

the firefly already have the same hp and armor as the American sherman, 640 hp and 160 armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★