Login

russian armor

Patch Preview: Normal Volks Grenade gone

5 Sep 2015, 19:33 PM

How about just remove all nades from volks?

How about getting a Clue about this game yourself? Gsus îs
this guy for real?
5 Sep 2015, 22:04 PM

how will this new volks nade compare to the molotov? since te volks nade is 30 muni and the molotov is 15 muni
6 Sep 2015, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 14:39 PMVuther
I too would like it on SPs. Makes sense with their concept and role perfectly. Always bothered me the Sturmpioneers can't toss grenades until vet 3. I mean, one would probably have a better chance assaulting a building with actual grenades and a bolt-action rifle over having just an automatic rifle...there's a reason why modern soldiers keep using the former while they've also got the latter.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 14:27 PMRMMLz

This. Sturms are perfect for this. They can't be spammed, they are combat engineers and they have assault rifles.

My thoughts exactly.

I look at the Wehrmacht as a general depiction of the German army, while the OKW is an advanced attack force that has the best of the best.

Hmm, that's only partially true. Many would see OKW as the western front army in general. Just look at the end of the Brits release trailer. That map shows the okw flag on the entire western front and Ost/Wehr in the east.
Many would in fact see OKW as a much broader representation than, say, PE was. Of course they have the 'advanced attack force' theme, though I'd rather speak of a high-technology and ressource starved theme, which again, can be seen as very general themes of a late war german force.
7 Sep 2015, 07:56 AM

How about balance?

If Sturm remains the best early game unit, best dps and now have the best tool to force you off cover?

Flamnade aren't probably historical on Volks, but it is probably the best way to not fuck the balance.
7 Sep 2015, 08:02 AM
Patrion 14

just give the incediaries to sturms
7 Sep 2015, 08:24 AM

Relic for some reason represents the the bundle nade as if worked like and was the normal std grenade (has similar stats to the soviet RGD 33) for the german forces when IRL was more similar to a satchel charge.

^This
7 Sep 2015, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 07:56 AMEsxile
How about balance?

If Sturm remains the best early game unit, best dps and now have the best tool to force you off cover?

Flamnade aren't probably historical on Volks, but it is probably the best way to not fuck the balance.

Shrecks on volks are ahistorical enough. Just like OKW as a whole.
7 Sep 2015, 08:55 AM

The incendiary grenade OR the standard grenade could be a separate upgrade that you buy at your HQ for fuel and MP (like lolotovs).

That way OKW keeps both nades but has to pay extra ressources for one of them.

+1
7 Sep 2015, 09:02 AM

Is there a link to the preview change log? I can't find it anywhere :(
7 Sep 2015, 09:07 AM

7 Sep 2015, 09:10 AM
Senior Caster Badge

7 Sep 2015, 15:32 PM

Shrecks on volks are ahistorical enough. Just like OKW as a whole.

I wouldn't say the faction as a whole is. Except for the name :P
As for Panzerschreck, I don't know, maybe. The problem is, who else should have it? A german faction without it would be a bit weird. Many say, Sturmpios, the problem with that, however, is that their voice acting when carrying Schrecks is weird as their voice changes. I think Volks are the only unit with proper unique lines when carrying Schrecks. That alone limits the design-options.

The Stielhandgrenade however, without doubt, is a piece of equipment that suits the unit of Volks and what they're supposed to represent. Whatever Relic does with Incendiary grenades or Schrecks, the 'normal' grenade has to stay with Volks where it belongs! Everything else is just utter weirdness o_O
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 23
Germany 626
unknown 22
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %