Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
7 Sep 2015, 16:08 PM

its long range accuracy needs to be toned down a bit, but in true relic fashion it will get smashed with the nerf bat and will become a big waste of resources and popcap
7 Sep 2015, 16:50 PM

You want to try a Pak 43 with brace ? :)

Pak 43 ignores smoke and shot blockers,try facing that with USF

7 Sep 2015, 18:57 PM

auto heal on emplacements it's a abuse that should be impossible on this type of game its the only faction that you can auto repair your tanks and emplacements it no need of help of the engineers ^^ !! just my opinion but bofors vs infantry its truly sik should not kil that fast a full squad!
7 Sep 2015, 21:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BMUU03kegQ

it needs to be good against infantry and yea it can get countered by indirect fire, but this? Something is not right there.....
7 Sep 2015, 21:47 PM

it needs to be good against infantry and yea it can get countered by indirect fire, but this? Something is not right there.....

Meanwhile three riflemans with no vets or grenades can win against three OKW 2cm emplacement :clap:

Not saying that rifles are OP, but how much OKW emplacement suck even when they are doctorinal and cost's fuel.
7 Sep 2015, 22:02 PM

Actually it cannot be countered by mortars. Stick a squad inside the bofors and it can use indirect fire itself, which will easily pin and wipe any mortars attacking it. In fact, I would almost say it is better at indirect fire than the mortar pit, why build anything else?
7 Sep 2015, 22:04 PM

Permanently Banned

Actually it cannot be countered by mortars. Stick a squad inside the bofors and it can use indirect fire itself, which will easily pin and wipe any mortars attacking it. In fact, I would almost say it is better at indirect fire than the mortar pit, why build anything else?

lol
7 Sep 2015, 22:14 PM

Meanwhile three riflemans with no vets or grenades can win against three OKW 2cm emplacement :clap:

Not saying that rifles are OP, but how much OKW emplacement suck even when they are doctorinal and cost's fuel.

Update, one conscript squad beats okw emplacement without a problem, and they cost 240 mp and 10 fuel in commander... :snfCHVGame:
8 Sep 2015, 06:17 AM

i dont own the british so i cant say what the British point of view is BUT i have played against the bofors and the unit performence is ok but some thing should be noted.

1.infantry
this is fantastic cause now shreck blobs no longer have free rain,the british have hard counters to blobs and light vehicles.
2.Light Vehicles
as said above,the bofors hard counters light vehicles and its very good at it
3.medium Heavy tanks
BUT they also happen to damage panzer 4s(by alot)and panthers.

when say damage i am not talking about a simple 100 damage to the tank but a 300+ damage to it,they also happen to damage elefants,this should be removed or nerfed

overall the BOFORS is ok,the only thing they should do is nerf a little the performance of the bofors so the german player can react and retreat a a few units(if not all) from the range of the bofors,while also nerfing or removing its ability to damage panthers(heavys included)
8 Sep 2015, 07:22 AM

Permanently Banned
It's just sick easy to lock down a fuelpoint in the early stages of the game.
In the later it's not such a problem, as it goes down easily. But it needs to be toned down.

Early stages?

With what mp?
8 Sep 2015, 07:24 AM

lulwut.

It's getting a nerf next patch.
8 Sep 2015, 07:29 AM

Except for ISG, which greatly outranges it and MHT which will one shot it with incendiary round.
8 Sep 2015, 07:35 AM

Early stages?

With what mp?

:) Mr. Forumwarrior, if you don't have anything decent to contribute, please don't even bother quoting me. I'm well aware of how bofors are used in earlier stages of the game.
8 Sep 2015, 07:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

FYI all, the Bofors is still very, very lethal even in the balance preview patch, after a whole bunch of nerfs... which probably says a lot about the state it is in now.
8 Sep 2015, 07:53 AM

and will become a big waste of resources and popcap

...ummm... like OKW AA emplacement you mean...?
8 Sep 2015, 07:55 AM

...ummm... like OKW AA emplacement you mean...?

Yea, the same okw aa emplacement that is part of their tech, that restricts them from getting a puma and you have to rely on it heavily in that stage of the game if you don't want to go for puma ASAP.

OH WAIT!
8 Sep 2015, 08:00 AM

Yea, the same okw aa emplacement that is part of their tech, that restricts them from getting a puma and you have to rely on it heavily in that stage of the game if you don't want to go for puma ASAP.

OH WAIT!

Not sure what you wanna say, but OKW AA emplacement is shit in addition, doctrinal, and it's easily killable. Not worth building stamp applied on. Period.
On the contrary, bofors is a weapon that anyone would like to have in his army, a sqad eater and a territory denial tool which comes early enough. Hell, the okw T4 is not even close to its performance. Where are those guys who complained about OKW T4's AA gun? I would like to have a word with them. >:(
8 Sep 2015, 08:17 AM

I'm not saying OKW one is not.

What I'm saying is, emplacements are tech progression fr brits and going for that unlock, means you HAVE to rely on it.

No one forces you to use okw emplacement, because okw doesn't rely on it in any way.

Current state doesn't mean much and is pointless to argue, so check preview if you want keep blabbing about it.
8 Sep 2015, 08:20 AM

Permanently Banned

:) Mr. Forumwarrior, if you don't have anything decent to contribute, please don't even bother quoting me.

Explain "Mr. Knowledgeable expert". Since your fine with throwing labels at people to make yourself feel better.

If you allow the brit player to get enough mp the get a bofors? you did something wrong.

If you let an immoble emppalcement lose you the game? you are doing something wrong.

It that simple

now "Mr. Knowledgeable expert", ill ask again, Where is the MP coming from?

Oh and one more thing...

:) Mr. Knowledgeable expert , if you don't have anything decent to contribute, please don't even bother quoting me.
8 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

emplacements are tech progression fr brits

Wrong- out of three emplacements, two are unlocked by tech in the same way that any unit is unlocked.

going for that unlock, means you HAVE to rely on it.

Wrong- in the same way that building T2 as Wehr doesn't mean you have to build any units from it.

Anvil tactics from Brit T2 does nothing except 1. Unlock the Bofors, and 2. Lock the AEC. It isn't a forced tech path, necessary to progress further down the tech tree, nor does it cost any significant amount of resources (negligible MP and Fuel cost), since the cost is in the Bofors itself. It is not a meaningful opportunity cost in any shape nor form.

Comparing the paltry 10 fuel for Anvil to the unadjusted 80 fuel for the Schwerer Panzer HQ, and saying both affect tech decisions and gameplay progression into the mid-late game in the same way, is beyond ignorant.

check preview

I have. It's still very good, something you would know had you checked the preview yourself.

Total nonsense

Do you expect to just build a ton of MP units, fail to put any thought into planning your build, then complain that you run out of MP at the 5-8 minute mark to build a potentially game-winning emplacement? Or do you take horrifically bad engagements and bleed MP out the nose instead of retreating? Either way, you can't expect people to take you seriously.

Also, saying that an immobile emplacement cannot win you the game? I'd like to quote someone you might know:

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
Peru 5
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %