Login

russian armor

Unable to do anything against howis without off map

17 Aug 2015, 12:38 PM
Patrion 14

I agree, WhySooSerious. All kind of artillery should cost fuel and i like to see ways to counter an artillery without choosing a specific commander.

The last part was already a issue in CoH1 if you look at the US howitzer. It had a large range and this allowed you to build it in your save base which made rushes impossible. You could rush the british howitzer on the other hand because of the lower range (which you could extend by going for a specific doctrine) and i liked this aspect a lot.
17 Aug 2015, 13:09 PM

People seem to forget the usual way to counter allied howitzers in CoH1 was still off maps - mainly the V1 or firestorm with a scouting Puma. The other way was still suiciding a unit. Sometimes storms could pick them off (mainly Brit ones) but call ins were always the go to ways. I find howitzers in general still worse now in CoH2 than in 1.

I've found the LefH to be decent both in use and facing against it, and it's a lot harder in general for the allies to kill it outright (findings from 2v2). It's fire fate is monstrous. People forget the huge psychological impact artillery/mortars/infantry guns have on the opponent, especially if you're firing it off cooldown, even if you're just damaging his units slightly.
17 Aug 2015, 20:55 PM

We just received a much wanted buff for arty and now you are asking for a nerf? The whole reason why we wanted a buff for arty was to increase more game play and we are noticing this now.
17 Aug 2015, 21:55 PM

I'm rather surprised, btw, that people haven't noticed how few counters the USF has to the LeFH. The Priest is the only one that comes to mind.
17 Aug 2015, 21:59 PM

I'm rather surprised, btw, that people haven't noticed how few counters the USF has to the LeFH. The Priest is the only one that comes to mind.

Recon + any artillery call in (other than major artillery) will kill it.
17 Aug 2015, 22:12 PM

We just received a much wanted buff for arty and now you are asking for a nerf? The whole reason why we wanted a buff for arty was to increase more game play and we are noticing this now.

i agree. I would like balance in CoH 2 to move away from Buffs and nerf, which either leaves units OP or UP, and look to adding in counters. Not saying thought commanders, or two click abilitys, but core units or core unit abilitys.

One idea for OKW is to take out the fire strike (which no one uses) on the Walk Stuka, and add a counter barrage ability. Make the ability to were the suka can't us its main barrage ability while in the mod, and that is can't move (with out activating a cool down on both barrage abilities). The ability willincrease the range of the stuka by half of its normal range maybe even double. While in this mod every time an Arty unit fires a shell the stuka shoots a rocket at it. Once all 6 normal rockets are fired it has the normal cool down applied. There you go no nerf need for arty, and OKW get a counter to Arty.
17 Aug 2015, 23:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

18 Aug 2015, 00:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 05:56 AMJ1N6666
Scratch all of that, disable arty froming being built in BASE sector. DONE!

Yeah that way nobody wants to build Artillery anymore, good idea. Bonus points, Ostheer gets double shafted because Soviet can Conscript Reinforce the ML-20 and USF Priest can just drive around and shoot from wherever. Ostheer has to pay 160MP / 60MU or 200MP / 30FU to reinforce their gun.
18 Aug 2015, 00:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 04:49 AMCorsin
Tbh i think all arti should be given a fuel cost. Like coh1.

But at the same time the gun needs a HP increase so it doesnt die in 1 stukka/il2 bomb strike (since the fuel cost would be unsustainable).

tell you what ill make a list of changes...

- LeFe - Needs less scatter
- ML20 - Needs vet reworking (extra 2 shots brings it up to 12 per salvo, meaning it fires the same amount as the LeFe but has ALOT more damage). So remove that and have them at 10 shots per salvo.
- Price changes to both + B4 to 400mp + 90 fuel
- 60% Gun HP increase
- Cannot fire at Base sectors
- Give OKW a commander with the LeFe (or replace the bunkers with it in the defencive doctrine). Still 90 fuel.

I like it. Give more HP and a longer build time. Give it a gun damage crit, and long repair as well.
18 Aug 2015, 00:49 AM

ya seriously ML-20, B4 and leFH need to move out of base, some art options can't fire at base which make them untouchable, also even stuka need two barrage to take it down.
18 Aug 2015, 00:59 AM

L2P serious

Cookiez pls I'm safe from it every time i have something with a dive bomb. I like Corin's idea so far.

Corsin's idea:
Tbh i think all arti should be given a fuel cost. Like coh1.

But at the same time the gun needs a HP increase so it doesnt die in 1 stukka/il2 bomb strike (since the fuel cost would be unsustainable).

tell you what ill make a list of changes...

- LeFe - Needs less scatter
- ML20 - Needs vet reworking (extra 2 shots brings it up to 12 per salvo, meaning it fires the same amount as the LeFe but has ALOT more damage). So remove that and have them at 10 shots per salvo.
- Price changes to both + B4 to 400mp + 90 fuel
- 60% Gun HP increase
- Cannot fire at Base sectors
- Give OKW a commander with the LeFe (or replace the bunkers with it in the defencive doctrine). Still 90 fuel.
18 Aug 2015, 01:33 AM
Donator 11

I was actually just about to make a thread of things that were pissing me off.

I personally think all static artillery should be removed from the game (along with the sturmtiger and toning down the Stuka). Instead, just give all factions some kind of basic off map artillery.

Things that are gimmicky

RNG Bombs
ST
Stuka (Any artillery that just sits in base and then fires making it impossible to get 99% of the time)
All static artillery
CAS (toned down but still stupid).

I realize no one used howitzers before but on some maps they are completely broken (Faymonville approach comes to mind. I honestly don't know how some kind of balance could be struck. Maybe make counterbarrage VET 0 and actually very accurate and worthwhile?
18 Aug 2015, 01:48 AM
Donator 11

USF has the most counters, because only one of their doctrines doesn't have an off map artillery strike and major recon.

And if you get your major to vet 3 you can always just ninja him too it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 53
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment