Login

russian armor

PPSH needs a buff?

6 Aug 2015, 14:35 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Others have already pointed this out,but yea only on conscripts,on shocks they are pretty great
6 Aug 2015, 20:43 PM

Shock Troops are still good I just feel that a special call in unit should be able to have more damage output against P.Grens. you will always lose to them at close range despite the PPSH being a submachine gun with a ridiculous rate of fire as opposed to the STG-44 which is an assault rifle with about half the rate of fire.
6 Aug 2015, 22:07 PM

Shock troops don't lose to panzergrenadiers in close range. Assuming you are in actual close range (not medium range) and the veterency levels are equal.
6 Aug 2015, 23:14 PM

Trust me. P.Grens wreck Shock Troops in pure 1 on 1.
aaa
6 Aug 2015, 23:22 PM

Question:
How can I counter early LEIG when I play sov?
7 Aug 2015, 00:26 AM
Donator 11

Shocks own any other infantry on close range.
If you a-move through negative cover and lose already half their health on the way, that's another story.
7 Aug 2015, 00:57 AM

Shock Troops are still good I just feel that a special call in unit should be able to have more damage output against P.Grens. you will always lose to them at close range despite the PPSH being a submachine gun with a ridiculous rate of fire as opposed to the STG-44 which is an assault rifle with about half the rate of fire.

Yeah apart from the fact that Shocks are unkillable superhumans they are still great, lol.
7 Aug 2015, 04:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 00:26 AMkamk

Shocks own any other infantry on close range.
If you a-move through negative cover and lose already half their health on the way, that's another story.

This is not true. I had a encounter 2xSturmpio + STG.obers vs 2xShocks. 12 vs 12 soldiers. Loses in the end: 4 pio vs 11 Shocks.
7 Aug 2015, 05:12 AM
Donator 11

This is not true. I had a encounter 2xSturmpio + STG.obers vs 2xShocks. 12 vs 12 soldiers. Loses in the end: 4 pio vs 11 Shocks.

That's a rather bad example IMO. A superior force & position should win.

Besides:
- that's way more mp AND ammo invested for the OKW player
- OKW guy had more squads, and more dps overall
- STG Obers are the main threat here > targeted the wrong squad
- SPios and STG Obers are way better on medium ranges
7 Aug 2015, 05:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 05:12 AMkamk

That's a rather bad example IMO. A superior force & position should win.

position? The firefight at close range it's shocks specialization.
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 05:12 AMkamk

Besides:
- that's way more mp AND ammo invested for the OKW player
- OKW guy had more squads, and more dps overall
- STG Obers are the main threat here > targeted the wrong squad
- SPios and STG Obers are way better on medium ranges

It's all right. And yes if encounter start in medium range (no HH as it happened) may be OKW no loose solders at all.
7 Aug 2015, 06:08 AM
Donator 11

Post a replay please.
Otherwise see my cliffnotes.

7 Aug 2015, 08:39 AM

They definitely don't
7 Aug 2015, 11:49 AM

Trust me, they don't.

Source: actual experience.
7 Aug 2015, 12:35 PM

Shock troops are way stronger in close range than Pgrens. I would even consider them winning from them while they attack Pgrens with vet 2/3
7 Aug 2015, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 06:08 AMkamk
Post a replay please.
Otherwise see my cliffnotes.

It was too long ago, sorry.
7 Aug 2015, 16:39 PM

Remove the PPSH upgrade if it doesn't get changed because it's just a load of rubbish, taking up a slot in a doctrine for a 40 munitions upgrade that nudges their firepower that but higher at close range, with no grenades or smoke is a huge mis-investment.

Something more like a DP package or a form of mobile weapons (SUT 40s ish or some automatic weapon that isn't close range only), preferably something to keep Conscripts mobile. And no, PTRS should stay doctrinal.
7 Aug 2015, 16:53 PM

Once you get used to using ppsh cons (I've played like 300-400 games with ppsh cons so yes I know), they're not too bad actually, but they really could use a little dmg buff or maybe give a 4th ppsh and a some kind of a little body armor
And about PzGrens wrecking Shocks in 1v1, this is only true if the PzGrens are defending from green cover with some good rng, or having the shocks come over red cover
7 Aug 2015, 16:56 PM

Idk dude my luck is just garbage with this game lol. Any time I use a unit it's no good and when I have it used against me in the same way it's incredible. Shocks are very good but it seems like every time I go head to head with PGrens we usually both end up retreating due to equal loss of men quickly.
24 Aug 2015, 15:38 PM

As someone who mainly just plays Ostheer and SU, I agree that conscripts need a buff of some sort with PPSH. I had a game yesterday 3v3 I saw a squad of vet 0 PG with Schrecks capping far left VP on Pavlov's house. I rushed a single squad of fully healed vet 2 cons with PPSH and the enemy was in a crater with yellow cover. I didn't move through any red cover and yet I lost 3 men by the time I was within short range and they had only lost 1/5 health no members lost. The damage isn't so much what's bad but the fact that cons can't approach a unit close range without being decimated unless of course the unit is distracted and firing elsewhere. I would like to see them give some body armor with the upgrade
24 Aug 2015, 18:56 PM

Hm maybe do like with OKW sweeper, same with ppsh ?

yes please i want conscript with turnable ppsh so they can have 3 / 3 or just 6 mosins , like okw sweepeer
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★